• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anybody have moisture inside instrument cluster?

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
After getting boat back from engine rebuild, the service center had boat cleaned up. When I received boat the storage areas under cushions were all damp. So I removed cushions and let air dry. However, when I started boat it did not take long for instrument cluster to haze over. Service manager said l should leave cluster lights on and that cluster was vented and should resolve issue over time.

topdawg235

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the same issue. My understanding is its from the water under the cushions. Specifically the one in front of the helm. I read some posts about running tubing along the side the steering cables down so it drains out and not into carpet area.. That way the water drains out so no moisture to get into the helm. Hope that helps some...I asked same question on the jetboaters facebook group and got tons of responces on there with much more details. I am going to do this to my boat, bust just havent had time yet.

good luck!

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply. I will take another look under cushions. And see if there is any more dampness. I would rather do modifications than spend money replacing the cluster. I’m sure it’s not cheap.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Normal...or I should say I bet the majority on here do it.

Personally I think it's just the difference in humidity or temp from inside the gauge vs outside. Notice it's usually always the tach that does it and it's the only gauge of the two that has buttons to interact with the display menu. doesn't seem to fog up nearly as bad in the late fall, winter or spring seasons due to lower humidity.