• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone installed a boost gauge and AFR gauge in their 192/195?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've never really thought about it much but a boost gauge would be kind of cool to have, plus our dash looks to sparse. I've never dealt with them before. What does it take to install a boost gauge?

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just watched a boat load (no pun intended and it actually looks pretty simple to install the gauge. I think I am putting this on my mod list for next year. Anybody know about how much boost the stock supercharger puts out on the 192?

yamahasrxman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any updates to this?
Anyone tackle this mod yet? I am curious as to what kind of boost we should be running as well.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How would you install the wo2 on the exhaust with a water jacket manifold? I'm big into tuning cars and have tons of gauges on my mustang. There will be little added utility of having boost or afr on a stock engine.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How would you install the wo2 on the exhaust with a water jacket manifold? I'm big into tuning cars and have tons of gauges on my mustang. There will be little added utility of having boost or afr on a stock engine.
For me I think it would just be kind of cool to see. I like to see how things work so I think it would be fun to see where the boost is at. I am also a novice when it comes to engine work so it's all new to me. I've played with everything except engines and trannys (no sex jokes please) so it's the little things that I think are cool at this point.

HybridSS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I just got a cheap gauge and installed it using the fogging hoses as well as the location in the cover where the fogging fitting was mounted. I Only wanted ot to occasionally monitor boost level or to help troubleshoot in case I lost power to atleast be able to check that I am getting 5.5-6 psi. Took about 15 min and $20.

yamahasrxman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree.. I want it just to say I have it. I'd like to mount my gauge along with the others on the dash but I've never installed one before and think it may be too far of a run.
HybridSS did you screw the fitting right to the boot coming off the charger ?

HybridSS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
In the second picture you can see the yellow semi-clear hose with the small brass fitting going into the large black duct that is between the charger exit and intercooler inlet. This is where the stock fogging line was. The fogging port was originally mounted to the engine cover where the gauge now is. So it really was just figuring out how to mount the gauge and then connect it to the existing hose, which I cut.

It wont be too far to run hose to your dash. You just need decent hose. Just make sure its not kinked. Should be quite easy to do.
They also make electronic boost gauges where you mount a sensor in the engine compartment and it senses the pressure and then sends the signal to the gauge in the dash electronically. I just checked and they have come way down in price. But IMO that adds one layer of complexity and generally not worth it.

One day I may get a nice boost gauge and mount it up front.

yamahasrxman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine doesn't have a factory fogging line.
I was pretty certain that's where the line would need to go but never hurts to ask.
Thanks for the info