• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone know what this is used for?

kennetht

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was looking behind the helm today to mount a wireless cell phone charger to my helm, and found this loose connection just hanging back there. Does anyone know what it is used for?

20200609_193522.jpg 20200609_193534.jpg

And second, do you think I could splice into this connector to power the cell phone wireless charger?

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My boat has a gps on it. There is a white plastic cover mounted on the boat just in front of the driver side’s window. This allows you to get satellite radio. I’ve never really paid attention to how it’s wired but it seems to me you should have it based on your pic and it’s disconnected for some reason.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not sure if that is supposed to be hooked up but it’s not for Sirius xm radio. The hockey puck in front of the driver side windshield Is There for the gps speedo. The Sirius Xm module usually Plugs directly into the head unit and is installed under the helm along with the antennae, at least in my boat.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It looks like what I used to get power from to our Garmins when I installed both the units we have had, but I don't see the black wire in that pick. If it has a black wire you can tap into that plug for power.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Good to know. I knew it was for other things but always thought it related to the radio as well. My bad.

kennetht

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It looks like what I used to get power from to our Garmins when I installed both the units we have had, but I don't see the black wire in that pick. If it has a black wire you can tap into that plug for power.
It does have the black wire, it's just hard to see in the photo.