• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

ANYONE NEED UPHOLSTERY DONE?

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For anyone that is cutting new foam I found that a electric carving knife works great.

Bubba7827

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Does anyone have a recommendation on what replacement foam to use?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Waiting on the hidem and welting for the back of the pieces but nearly there!IMG_20230619_200636.jpg20230619_181133.jpgI couldn't get to the back of some bolts but my youngest can! And bought a pnuematic stapler after most was all done. Hope to do a final stretch for a couple little wrinkles and do the hidem etc.
A trick my local installer told me was to put them out in the hot sun for a little while to soften it a bit and some wrinkles will dissappear and the rest will be easier to straighten

Attachments

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Waiting on the hidem and welting for the back of the pieces but nearly there!View attachment 203401View attachment 203403I couldn't get to the back of some bolts but my youngest can! And bought a pnuematic stapler after most was all done. Hope to do a final stretch for a couple little wrinkles and do the hidem etc.
A trick my local installer told me was to put them out in the hot sun for a little while to soften it a bit and some wrinkles will dissappear and the rest will be easier to straighten
What is welting?

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Waiting on the hidem and welting for the back of the pieces but nearly there!View attachment 203401View attachment 203403I couldn't get to the back of some bolts but my youngest can! And bought a pnuematic stapler after most was all done. Hope to do a final stretch for a couple little wrinkles and do the hidem etc.
Looking great. I have the exact same seat cushions and plan to get a complete set from Hugo. When you get the back rest cushions reinstalled can you snap a picture so I can see if they match mine?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
What is welting?
The strip that has the round part attached to it. On the seat backs they have it go 3/4 way around. It's the fancy stuff!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
After having used the bow seat filler cushions now that they have been reupholstered I think I only need hidem and/or welting on the filler cushion that may be used as a seat bottom or back (it’s the only cushion that people may see the bottom of while underway).

Here is a pro-tip for lack of a better term for the DYIers out there: Buy or borrow a staple gun with a long nose, to get into the spots / flaps between foam on the same cushion, for instance the captains chair and all cushions with piping.
Also don’t forget to use SS staples.
IMG_2694.jpegIMG_2416.jpegIMG_2417.jpegIMG_2413.jpegIMG_2411.jpeg

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Indeed a long nose stapler would work wonders!
I have an installer that is backed up a year but will let me prep and bring stuff in and he makes it look so easy! But that's exactly what he uses too.

Bubba7827

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
After having used the bow seat filler cushions now that they have been reupholstered I think I only need hidem and/or welting on the filler cushion that may be used as a seat bottom or back (it’s the only cushion that people may see the bottom of while underway).

Here is a pro-tip for lack of a better term for the DYIers out there: Buy or borrow a staple gun with a long nose, to get into the spots / flaps between foam on the same cushion, for instance the captains chair and all cushions with piping.
Also don’t forget to use SS staples.
View attachment 203949View attachment 203950View attachment 203951View attachment 203952View attachment 203953
Is that red & grey on the swim deck and red & tan inside the boat? If so, please explain. Boat looks great!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It’s red with tan and black piping throughout the boat. Thanks for the compliment. I went with red and tan impact graphics and registration numbers from JBP to complete the theme.

IMG_2705.jpegIMG_4741.jpeg

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Last seat to tackle is my captains chair. Some damage done here. Perhaps a bimini crossing casualty?the bracket for bolster is okish but found one on amazon that appears the same so purchasing it. Will update as to if it works!
The boat was salt before me so any hardware on this seat that got exposed is trash. Have to drill it out and will replace with some new stainless. The plastic base I am thinking of using some fiberglass to repair the cracked sections unless someone has a better idea.

Now trying to figure out the nut size for the headrest. Looks about 10mm but hard to get something up there. That and since the bolt is hanging out over an inch and 10mm long sockets are notorious for being missing....20230730_081941.jpg20230730_081937.jpg