• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone syphon gas?

Excuse me. I'll be right back. Gotta go fill up my truck.
Bring a tote or something with a cap or anything you can find that holds liquid. Can’t let that next bastard take the fuel you might need in the apocalypse.

On Saturday in the midwest, (before the pipeline shutdown in an area not affected by it). I went to the local station and they were out of 87 and 89, still had 91. they told me the truck was 4 days late because of the driver shortage. We are less than 15 mins from two refineries for the area. Not sure if this is real or media hype, but this company is paying $14K/week for drivers. Boating is going to cost more this summer, along with everything else.
14k a week!! Damn I’m in the wrong profession

You always get these aholes that make a bad probem impossible for others
Screenshot_20210512-115118_Facebook.jpg

I don't see why it wouldn't. Actually not a bad thought if it ever becomes tight on getting gas. A spare 50 out in the drive.
Boat is currently in the driveway before the season’s launch and I mentioned our “strategic reserve” to the admiral who gave me a quizzical look and flatly said “this is why we have an electric car”. (PHEV, anyway but 50 miles range on the sparks)

You always get these aholes that make a bad probem impossible for others
View attachment 149799
That one angered me too, BUT has been debunked. That wasn't this shortage, but allegedly after one of the hurricanes. Still a douche move, though.

Pulled the boat down from PA to Murrells Inlet SC only place I could not find gas was in the southern part of NC.

Back