• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone syphon gas?

I disagree a bit on the media thing...I get the panic buying, but gas stations around here are already sold out. You can stack the paper as high as you want in a basement, but you can only fill your fuel tank up so much. There's definitely a shortage. The hacked pipeline has its output restricted and you have tanker drivers who retired during the shut downs because they didn't have work.

Nah this is definitely fueled and manufactured by the media. Had they said nothing and everyone went about their normal lives none of us ever would have noticed anything other than gas going up .30-.40(more) a gallon. That pipeline is shutdown ALLLLLLLLLLL the time for various reasons and we never notice anything. Media says OMG there's a shortage and everyone runs out and fills every possible container up. There ya go, manufactured shortage. Just about every station is out near me. I never let my truck get below 3/4 and I have a half tank in the boat. I'm still going out this weekend. Trucks are showing up every day and had some show up today. People panicking and filling everything up is going beyond the normal usage that gas stations plan for. This BS happens every. single. time they shutdown the pipeline for hurricanes. It takes weeks to get back up and people panic buy and we have a manufactured shortage for a couple of days until the trucks can catch up. Same shit, different day.

Alright, I called a cousin who works for Pilot corporate. He told me there are a few issues, one of them being driver shortages and the ransomware thing, but the result of the stations being out of fuel was mostly panic buying.

I went to fill up last night because I was completely on empty, and couldn't believe the first two stations I stopped at were shuttered. The third had a line, which I sat in for about 10 minutes. I have family in the midwest that told me they were getting gas yesterday and there were people lined up filling containers, so ya'll are correct...PANIC OMG! :eek:

I just was out to grab a few things and went to the gas station. $2.97 here a gallon for 87

I asked the guy at the counter how things are going and he said that because of what is on the news down south people are coming and filling up their tanks, gas cans, Rec vehicles, etc. Especially lawn companies they are filling up everything that they have with gas just in case. He indicated that it is a bit absurd since he doesn't think we will have an issue up here, but this is how things start.

And Michigan‘s Governor is set to shut down line 5 from Canada tomorrow. ?
I just was out to grab a few things and went to the gas station. $2.97 here a gallon for 87

I asked the guy at the counter how things are going and he said that because of what is on the news down south people are coming and filling up their tanks, gas cans, Rec vehicles, etc. Especially lawn companies they are filling up everything that they have with gas just in case. He indicated that it is a bit absurd since he doesn't think we will have an issue up here, but this is how things start.
$2.97 ? $4.09 here in Ca....we have extra Newsome taxes, the commie bastard

I just traveled to Eastern TN and back home to Indy and saw no such thing like this going on anywhere. And gas was only 2.55 in the hills.

On my way in to work this morning I pass about 10 gas station. All of them were out except one and they had a line. Gas was around 2.90 to 3.00 in Cobb County GA. My boat has a full tank, looks like a good excuse to blow off work and take the boat out ?

I guess i best be getting outside to hook up that trolling motor in case gas gets scarce.....

There is definitely a shortage here in Raleigh. Most stations are out of gas. Yes panicked buying didn't help, but when you shut of 50% of the supply - you are going to be short on HALF your gas supply. Colonial is hoping to reopen the pipeline by Friday.

As for the Russian hackers....we really need to take this shit seriously and start treating them like enemy combatants!

I did get fuel yesterday in my truck but only because I actually needed it. I would’ve gotten it regardless, perhaps waited an extra day or two but no longer than that. Gas stations were packed. I drove by the same stations today and the prices were up from $2.91 yesterday to $2.99 today. I’m sure glad I’m not commuting at these outrageous prices. I guess they want a piece of all this money that was printed and being thrown around.

What, not everyone goes to the station to fill their truck, the boat, and every gas can they can get their hands on?

1620848552107.png

Attachments

• 1620848566303.png
    1620848566303.png
    22.7 MB · Views: 1
The people doing this are magnifying the problem.

imagine not being able to go to work because a handful of people are too selfish to only get what they need.

What, not everyone goes to the station to fill their truck, the boat, and every gas can they can get their hands on?

View attachment 149777

View attachment 149777
I do this on a weekly basis, not to hoard gas but I use that much between the truck, mowing, atv's, tractor, skidloader and whatever else .

Eh, I refuel the boat at home now anyway. Those gas cans will be empty after the weekend. The white ones, anyway. The red can is for the yard tools and was empty anyway.

Eh, I refuel the boat at home now anyway. Those gas cans will be empty after the weekend. The white ones, anyway. The red can is for the yard tools and was empty anyway.
I have the same cans, and I do the same thing. I actually wanted to get gas for the boat this weekend, but didn't wanna look like one of those people. I rarely take my boat to the gas station as it's a PITA to get in/out. If I take it I basically block one WHOLE way in/out of the station and only leave one way in/out. Then I have people throwing their hand up and yelling at me. It's the closest station to the lake, too. So there's often boats in there blocking lanes. It is what it is, but the last thing I want is someone to get stupid and ram my boat cause they're crazy/mad.

Yep, already have a 45 min ride to the river. Nice to fill those up at Costco on my own time, and not have to add a 10-15 minute pit stop on a boat day.

Excuse me. I'll be right back. Gotta go fill up my truck.

Back