• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR/SX 192 Ribbon Delete

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
GOT IT FLIPPED OVER!!
Did you figure anything out that made flipping easier? I am running into the same issue you did and I am really nervous about damaging any of the electrical items/harnesses because it would be the ultimate bitch to troubleshoot. I am thinking I might remove the fuel rail as in this video, but if you have any advice to avoid that, I'm all ears.

Based on this video, it doesn't look like removing the fuel rail is a big deal:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No need to remove the fuel rail. Just remove the sensor or unplug it. I couldn't get the plug to disconnect easily and don't want to damage so I just removed the sensor.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Well I tired to get it done in under two hours but having to stop a few times to feed a 5 year old, and check on my napping 14 month old I'm still not done fingers are on the ribbon but not out. Oh well changing the intercooler at the same time and removing the snorkel from intake. Might try and put the little man in the boat with some toys to get another 30mins of work. If not night time after bed time = my old work time.

Update, Funny went together in like 10 mins. Biggest issue was the y pipe and tube length that I cut. Too tight.

Last edited:

Irvs

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Nice write up but please put a comment in there to NOT ASSEMBLE THE THROTTLE BODY WITH THE GASKET THAT GOES AROUND THE "HONEYCOMB RESTRICTOR". ....OR ELSE risk destroying the engine head like I did :nailbiting: on my boat with less than 3 hrs on it.

Andrew Doherty

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
PWC
Here is a link to Riva Racing instructions on how to change the Ribbon Delete. We also sell the insert to fill the hole for $39.95

Attachments

motoman006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just did this in my sx190
Took about 15 minutes
A lot less shit in there over a supercharged model

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just did this in my sx190
Took about 15 minutes
A lot less shit in there over a supercharged model
@motoman006 I have a 2013 SX190, did you use the RIVA kit or just put it back together without the rubber gasket and ribbon?

motoman006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@motoman006 I have a 2013 SX190, did you use the RIVA kit or just put it back together without the rubber gasket and ribbon?
I didn't use the riva kit I took the gasket and ribbon out, I don't see a advantage to having the riva pc in there most who have have not noticed any difference with or without it

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I didn't use the riva kit I took the gasket and ribbon out, I don't see a advantage to having the riva pc in there most who have have not noticed any difference with or without it
THANKS going out now to take a look!

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
All right ribbon delete accomplished...took me about an hour, biggest pain in the butt was the air filter box cover removal and reinstall...Started her up with flush kit installed and even my wife commented on how much better she sounded, higher RPM at idle, smoother at idle can't wait to get her back out on the water next week. My top end with the 2 of us was 39 MPH, so we will see, not matter what I have to believe the engine will be more efficient without that damn restrictor in its throat.

Last edited:

motoman006

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
All right ribbon delete accomplished...took me about an hour, biggest pain in the butt was the air filter box cover removal and reinstall...Started her up with flush kit installed and even my wife commented on how much better she sounded, higher RPM at idle, smoother at idle can't wait to get her back out on the water next week. My top end with the 2 of us was 37 MPH, so we will see, not matter what I have to believe the engine will be more efficient without that damn restrictor in its throat.
You should go faster then that with two people
mine ran 43 before ribbon delete with 3 people
Last outing we had 7 adults 1 kit and 3 coolers
I sill could go 34mph gps

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
He doesn't have a supercharged engine.

The biggest factor that will slow you down in these boats is anyone sitting in the bow. Once it drops the speed scrubs off several mph.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Got the boat out yesterday and a couple findings: first top speed is now 44 MPH and the engine has quieted down quite a bit, my wife was very pleased with the new sound. I concur with @haknslash had her sit up front to test the speed scrub and it took off about 3 MPH.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yup 3-4 mph is about what I see when my wife and 8 YO daughter sit up front. At this point I don't mind it though because wife doesn't like hauling ass in the boat so we slow down and cruise when they want to ride up there. I save the top speed stuff for when it's just me or a buddy in the boat. The boat seems to carve better/smoother when they sit up in the bow which makes sense as its like having trim tabs pushing the bow and the V of the hull down in the water.

Last edited:

Rufusthedog

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

Rufusthedog

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another question on this, did you folks upgrade/replace the air filter for safety reasons after removing this ribbon?

Any sort of fire would be not fun.