• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR/SX 192 Ribbon Delete

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@skrip345 did you have to unbolt and remove the coil pack to get the sensor out? The way they ran the wires it goes under that coil pack and there isn't enough room to slide the sensor under it. I might as well change the spark plugs now haha.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
GOT IT FLIPPED OVER!!

Attachments

HybridSS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
haknslash- you arent trying to flip the manifold long ways are you? In the OP he just twisted it in line with the hull. The fuel line would just be twisting I believe. I just did this last month and I was able to do it by only removing manifold bolts. I did everything else by feel. If I did it again I would probably use the OP's trick just to get a good look at the spacer I installed to ensure the rubber gasket looked ok. But I just used my phone camera.

FYI...I was going 43-44 when I bought this used boat (SX192). After doing the ribbon delete and adding an SVHO intercooler its now going 49 after heat soak. Great mod.

HybridSS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Great! Good for you. All downhill from here!

HybridSS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
There is a rubber gasket around the ribbon. If you use the Riva aluminum spacer you use the rubber gasket with the spacer. This makes a smooth transition thru the TB and intake inlet. Some use PVC spacer since you can find it in the exact same size and thickness.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea I removed that comment. The RIVA instructions show an additional rubber faster that goes in between the throttle body plate and the ribbon but this was for older engines. Newer engines just have the rubber gasket around the ribbon.

Can't believe our engines can even make power with this damn thing in there!

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Yea I removed that comment. The RIVA instructions show an additional rubber faster that goes in between the throttle body plate and the ribbon but this was for older engines. Newer engines just have the rubber gasket around the ribbon.

Can't believe our engines can even make power with this damn thing in there!

Damn that is crazy!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know right?! The fluorescent light could barely make it through so imagine air!

I've removed and desmooged some crap from my dirt bikes to free them up before but I've never seen anything like that! I don't understand why Yamaha just didn't use a air filter style flame arrestor instead of going through all this trouble even from a manufacturing standpoint.

skrip345

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Glad you got it man! I missed your message this afternoon. It takes a bit of wrestling! When will you have it out on the water again?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Glad you got it man! I missed your message this afternoon. It takes a bit of wrestling! When will you have it out on the water again?
Yea I am glad you did this write up. Taking all the stuff off sucks but once you get it off the intake manifold can just flip like you mentioned. Worst part for me was the stupid nuts on the throttle body. Getting my arms and body in the engine bay and trying to wrestle those things pissed me off haha. Not to mention I dropped a washer under the engine while taking it off!! Then when I was reinstalling the same nut and washer sure enough I dropped it again because my fingers were wet from loctite!! I fished the washer out but couldn't find the stupid nut. I must have looked for 10 or 15 minutes crawling all in the engine and scrapping my fingers all up trying to feel for the nut under the engine, shaft housing....everywhere! Just when I gave up I moved my tools in my lap and the stupid nut came out of the drive socket lol. Stupid thing was in there hiding the whole time. :asshat::banghead::banhappy:

Hoping to take it out again next Friday or Saturday!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you guys did not see the thread, here were my results after the ribbon delete https://jetboaters.net/threads/ribbon-delete-riva-racing-intake-sleeve-testing-video.13013/

I didn't pick up as much as I thought I would. Gained roughly .5 mph on average and gained a little RPM on my first runs (7650) before it settled to my usual 7500. I did however hit my highest top speed ever on the boat with a run of 51 MPH but that was running down the river and with a steady wind. I also gained some throttle response which was more evident than anything I suppose. Felt very crisp. For a 192 and me being near sea level (600') I am not sure the mod was worth the hassle of the install and not worth buying a sleeve IMO. On the normally aspirated motors I would probably recommend the mod as its easier to do and maybe the results are more noticeable on those engines. Perhaps the higher you are in elevation the more noticeable the mod is?

Chuckbig

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was really hoping that you came back with some awesome results. I've debated on doing this mod with a new filter to cover the arresting, but wanted to see some results that proved its worth.
Next we need someone to test based on fuel efficiency. I would think we might see a slight change, but I'm guessing that it will be in the negative. More air means more fuel, and if you give me more power, I will use it.

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just completed the mod using Aqua Sport Performance part #YH-16002. Good deal...$35 includes shipping. My elevation is about 400' and I saw very modest gains in RPM/speed, maybe 100-200 RPM, 1-2 MPH (GPS), 2 adults. HOWEVER, the hole shot and acceleration-at-speed performance is much better. This little 4 banger will really push you back in your seat now! Well worth the mod cost and effort; about 45 min to install. Super charger?...who needs it?!

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes it will feel a bit stronger out of the hole and while stabbing it at RPM. The throttle response is better. I didn't pick up much mph but I'm wondering if the naturally aspirated guys get more from this mod than us supercharged guys? I was hoping to hit 50 at least but it is what it is. I forgot to mention this was with 87 octane fuel. I may try a higher grade and see if it makes any difference (doubt it). I know the 195/SVHO guys have to run premium fuel but I'm sure that has more to do with the higher boost of the larger supercharge wheel.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Yes it will feel a bit stronger out of the hole and while stabbing it at RPM. The throttle response is better. I didn't pick up much mph but I'm wondering if the naturally aspirated guys get more from this mod than us supercharged guys? I was hoping to hit 50 at least but it is what it is. I forgot to mention this was with 87 octane fuel. I may try a higher grade and see if it makes any difference (doubt it). I know the 195/SVHO guys have to run premium fuel but I'm sure that has more to do with the higher boost of the larger supercharge wheel.
woow I'm glad I got the 16 vs 17 I had no idea the SVHO runs premium fuel.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
My lake doesnt even offer premium in my area. You have to go way up river, a way I never go, to get it. And at that particular marina (No names mentioned) 87 is about a full dollar higher per gallon than anywhere else on the lake. Im pretty sure theyre the only one on the water with premium so Im sure its outrageous...I dont go there for a reason.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I was hoping to see advantages to this more than what you're saying. I planned on doing this mod sometime this summer and test it out. I may wait and do it and the intercooler at the same time now that I dont see a whole lot of power out of it. The power from these boats right out of the no wake is pretty good. Heat soak KILLS these engines. The Intercooler will be the best investment in my eyes. Doesnt "add" more power but sustains the power better.