• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR195 HELP!!!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OH shit im a fucking idiot. Should I seal all those screws?
In parts fiches theycall those "gunwales" I think, there is a rubber/plastic rail and an inner strip that goes inside.
To seal that you would really need to seal the gap between the hull cap (top of the hull part, white) and the lower part of the hull. That is not an easy task. sealing the screws will not help much and you will ruin the boat's appearance by having sealant/silicone showing all over the rub rail. Which is not good if you want to sell you boat down the road.

--

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
The rub rail is the stainless steel trim that goes around the outside of your boat. It's what protects it from hitting a dock, or attempts to lol.

Don't worry about the anchor locker. Our boats don't have that issue. Your issue is either drain plugs, rub rail or something on the stern. Since you say it only happens when you wake surf with a bunch of people acting as ballast then I'm going to say it's your rub rail that is allowing water to enter the bilge. These boats are built as two halves. The hull and the top deck (cockpit). The rub rail is in between those two halves. Since it's not a shoebox tight seal on the two halves everywhere on the boat then if the rub rail is below water that means the seam is too, so that's where water comes in.

Good your engine compartment is dry. That means your storage lockers aren't getting wet from flooding lol. So that means they likely got wet because you washed the boat, someone spilled something in your cup holder or something. Look down in the cup holders. It's just a hole that goes right into your storage compartment.
It has to be the cup holders and the white cap because I didn't wash it. Just use fiberglass wipes the last couple times. Yeah wtf why is the cup holder a hole to the storage compartment. I'll seal those. Is there any way to seal the rub rail?

Yes those are the inspection caps for the bilge area. Directly under there is your bilge. The engine compartment is not really the bilge. It has a hole in the bottom of it where your bilge pump is located and under that hole is a tunnel that goes to the bilge. So as water fills the bilge it eventually would make its way to the engine compartment hole and then would be pumped out once the bilge pump detected it. Always have the bilge pump ON when on the water.
Dude thank you so much that explains everything I wasn't understanding.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sorry I have no experience with sealing the rub rail. There are people on here who I think have done it or at least took their boat to the dealer to have them deal with it. I agree with @swatski you don't want to do just the screws as it would look horrible and I don't think would fix any leaks. You need to seal the seam under the rub rail which could be a pain in the ass or not. I just don't know since I've never removed a rub rail or had to seal up my boat.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
In parts fiches theycall those "gunwales" I think, there is a rubber/plastic rail and an inner strip that goes inside.
To seal that you would really need to seal the gap between the hull cap (top of the hull part, white) and the lower part of the hull. That is not an easy task. sealing the screws will not help much and you will ruin the boat's appearance by having sealant/silicone showing all over the rub rail. Which is not good if you want to sell you boat down the road.

--
So is this something the dealer will even do? If not do I just deal with it and not put towels or fishing poles(one of my rods got mold on the handle) in the rear storage compartments.

Lpennington

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Learned a lot in this thread.

Arcadyus, I got my 195 in October and it does not leak like that. Just another data point for you. Post here when you get the issue straightened out. Hopefully there is a limited number of water sources that would cause your rear storage compartments to get wet.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Learned a lot in this thread.

Arcadyus, I got my 195 in October and it does not leak like that. Just another data point for you. Post here when you get the issue straightened out. Hopefully there is a limited number of water sources that would cause your rear storage compartments to get wet.
I did. also. I'm calling the dealer today to see what the next step with them would be. The next shitty day out I'll fill the bilge to find my where it leaks. And seal all the cup holders. Possible take the rub rail off and seal the hull.

Hector

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here's a picture of the anchor drain. Also I just checked and the front seat locker storage is dry it's only the rear that gets wet.
View attachment 78175

Well it never happened before hour 10 and we never wakesurfed. After hour 10 we have wakesurfed everytime out. No ballast yet but always about 600-700 lbs of people. What the shit is the rub rail? Just looked at the engine compartment and it's bone dry and to my knowledge has always been.
Did your dealer perform the 10 hour service or did you? Reason I ask is because greasing the main inner bearing is part of it and if your not careful you can blow the seal. Water can vary from a drop every so often to a non stop trickle.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Even if it were his intermediate housing the bilge should have cut on. Not sure but I thought he mentioned earlier his engine compartment was dry. If water were to reach high enough to get his carpets wet then the engine would have been nearly submerged in water too. I don't think that's what happened. Easiest way to tell if it's his rub rail is to put the boat and trailer on a steep incline, fill the bilge and see if water begins to pour out somewhere. He can also remove the cleanout tray by removing all the screws, stick his head in there and then have someone with a hose go along the rear rub rail to see if any is pouring in.

Last edited:

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Did your dealer perform the 10 hour service or did you? Reason I ask is because greasing the main inner bearing is part of it and if your not careful you can blow the seal. Water can vary from a drop every so often to a non stop trickle.
Dealer did it. I'm taking it in a couple weeks can't remember the exact day atm. Dealer seemed to know what it was and said they've seen it a few times on the larger yamaha.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
21B03BBF-2240-4A6D-99E1-629923E0E774.jpeg DAF27949-4B95-48C7-94A2-18DC587E5758.jpeg
So just for some pics of what's going on. First Pic is starboard rear storage and second is portside. I had 5 total adults and my 5 year old. 3 of my friends are reg and I'm the only goofy rider. If it is indeed the rub rails this makes a lot of sense. As you can see the first Pic is much drier than the second. Another thing I didn't consider is we almost always have someone on the swim platform to whatever side the surgery is riding. With my bilge on all day I had less than half the amount of water today coming from the transom plugs.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's a lot of water. My boat stays dry so your rub rail must be leaking a lot. Be sure to get some Starbrite No Damp, Damp Rid or similar product your compartments will start to smell like ass before too long. Putting her away

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
That's a lot of water. My boat stays dry so your rub rail must be leaking a lot. Be sure to get some Starbrite No Damp, Damp Rid or similar product your compartments will start to smell like ass before too long. Putting her away
I'm getting some tomorrow. They are starting to now. This was def the wettest they have been. But I'm assuming that's because we had it listed to that side a lot. And the leak could be getting worse. Although the bilge was on all day I still had water coming from the transom plug. Is that also normal. I'm assuming it is. Engine compartment still bone dry. Did see some water coming from the bilge drain hole while on the water but very little all day. Was in the water about 6 hours. Surfed for prob 2 hours.

DogDad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have an AR195 and my dealer told me I'll never have to remove the drain plugs. I tested his theory a couple times and no water ever comes out. I pulled the inspection plugs and shined a light around in there tonight and it was bone dry but it's been a few days since its seen water. I'll check next time I take it out.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I have an AR195 and my dealer told me I'll never have to remove the drain plugs. I tested his theory a couple times and no water ever comes out. I pulled the inspection plugs and shined a light around in there tonight and it was bone dry but it's been a few days since its seen water. I'll check next time I take it out.
That's interesting. My dealer said it's normal for water to come out of the drain plugs if your boarding the boat a lot from the swim deck as the clean out Tray and caps aren't water tight. And we spend literally hours everytime were out boarding and jumping off the swim platform.

DogDad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
^ you probably party harder than me lol!

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Sorry for Party Rocking, LMAO!!!

Rick Russler

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What’s the best way to seal the cup holder drains. Silicone?

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Went on the water for 4 hours today. All swimming no surfing. Bilge was on all day and we had a little water coming out of the transom plugs but no wet carpet. Rub rails didn't get submerged. I didn't see my bilge pump out any water tho and it was on the whole time because I could hear it. Least I know for sure my rub rails are the cause of the leak into my storage compartment