• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR195 HELP!!!

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I'm very new to the boating world so my apologies if this is a dumb series of questions. After about 8 hours of boating today when I took the transom plugs out at the end of the day about 45 seconds worth of water came out. My first question is, is that normal? Also where does that water come from? So I did a bit of looking around and notice both my rear seat lockers carpet was pretty wet and I didn't use either all day. It wasn't wet from the top just the carpet was wet. So has anyone else experienced that and us that normal? Thanks for any help.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Haha actually I am wondering the same thing. My old Scarab had 0 water come out of the drain plugs. My 195 is the same as yours so I guess it's normal?

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
So does your rear seat lockers carpet also get wet?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Unfortunately it is normal, but correctable. Lots of threads on here about how to hunt down leaks. We should probably create an FAQ section for boat leaks as this comes up so often. The most recent issues with the Yamahas has been anchor locker drain leaks:

https://jetboaters.net/faq/do-you-have-a-wet-anchor-locker-or-wet-forward-carpet.157/

Check that first, then we'll move on from there.
OK I'll check tonight. Shouldn't I just take it back to the dealer since it's under warranty. I just bought it in .April.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK I'll check tonight. Shouldn't I just take it back to the dealer since it's under warranty. I just bought it in .April.
If you like your dealer and it is close-by, sure!
This sounds like it could be the anchor locker issue - the water will track along the gunnels and make the storage lockers wet along the way. That is an easy fix - if you want to DIY.

--

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You sure can take it back to the dealer....but be aware that many dealers are swamped in the summer (when you want to be boating) and may hold your boat for a while. So you might want to call them and determine WHEN they will get to it, and see if its an easy fix for yourself in the meantime while getting in all the boating you can!

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
If you like your dealer and it is close-by, sure!
This sounds like it could be the anchor locker issue - the water will track along the gunnels and make the storage lockers wet along the way. That is an easy fix - if you want to DIY.

--
I don't really like them. They are a new boat dealer and seem to kinda wing shit. I will definitely do it myself if it is indeed the issue. I'll look tonight take pics and report back..

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Unfortunately it is normal, but correctable. Lots of threads on here about how to hunt down leaks. We should probably create an FAQ section for boat leaks as this comes up so often. The most recent issues with the Yamahas has been anchor locker drain leaks:

https://jetboaters.net/faq/do-you-have-a-wet-anchor-locker-or-wet-forward-carpet.157/

Check that first, then we'll move on from there.
The 19' SX and AR boats don't have this anchor locker issue because ours isn't in the very top bow of the boat like it is on the larger boats. Our anchor locker is under a cushion and drains into the ski locker. We don't have the eyelet drain like y'all do.

@Arcadyus pull your plugs and see if any debris is on them. These boats come with all sorts of shavings, spare fasteners, whatever in the bilge. They eventually work their way towards the drain plugs and sometimes debris will sit on the rubber oring and cause it to not seal. When you say 45 seconds worth of water was it a big stream or slow trickle of water? Did you run your bilge today and if so did it spit out any water? There have been some members who have had defective orings on their drain plugs. I would inspect there first. One thing you can do to test your orings is use a hose and fill the bilge with water to see if it leaks out the drain plugs.'

As for your rear carpets wet I'm going to go out on a limb and say you might have washed your boat or it got wet. If so I'm guessing your cup holders also drained right into your rear storage lockers. The cup holders do not have a tube drain system. Stupid shortsight from Yamaha....yes it is. I plugged mine so they won't dump water in my storage compartments.

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 19' SX and AR boats don't have this anchor locker issue because ours isn't in the bow of the boat like it is on the larger boats. Our anchor locker empties into the ski locker. We don't have the eyelet drain like y'all do.

@Arcadyus pull your plugs and see if any debris is on them. These boats come with all sorts of shavings, spare fasteners, whatever in the bilge. They eventually work their way towards the drain plugs and sometimes debris will sit on the print and cause it to not seal. When you say 45 seconds worth of water was it a big stream or slow trickle of water? Did you run your bilge today and if so did it spit out any water? There have been some members who have had defective orings on their drain plugs. I would inspect there first. One thing you can do to test your orings is use a hose and fill the bilge with water to see if it leaks out the drain plugs.
Good point! But how on earth would the carpet in the rear lockers get wet? If the water didn't get there from the top... that would be A LOT of water in the engine compartment, kind of hard to believe.

--

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
The 19' SX and AR boats don't have this anchor locker issue because ours isn't in the bow of the boat like it is on the larger boats. Our anchor locker empties into the ski locker. We don't have the eyelet drain like y'all do.

@Arcadyus pull your plugs and see if any debris is on them. These boats come with all sorts of shavings, spare fasteners, whatever in the bilge. They eventually work their way towards the drain plugs and sometimes debris will sit on the print and cause it to not seal. When you say 45 seconds worth of water was it a big stream or slow trickle of water? Did you run your bilge today and if so did it spit out any water? There have been some members who have had defective orings on their drain plugs. I would inspect there first. One thing you can do to test your orings is use a hose and fill the bilge with water to see if it leaks out the drain plugs.
When you say bilge you mean the engine compartment correct. If so there's never any water in the bilge and I actually never run it. Doesn't the new bilge turn on automatically when it senses water? It was a pretty steady stream. To be fair it was on a slope so it was only coming out one side.. The first ten hours or so I never had any water come out of the transom plugs. Since then though I have everytime. I'm at about 26 hours now. I have been wakesurfing everytime water has came out. I wonder if that has any bearing on water leaking.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@swatski i edited my post to explain the water. Basically I think it came in from the cup holders lol. If it was flooding that much to reach the carpets I have to think he would know and the engine would be steaming like a locomotive sitting in all that water. Probably (hopefully) just the stupid cup holders that drain right into the storage compartments. Really hate that "idea" from Yamaha. Needs a proper tube drain into the bilge or better yet no drain plug at all.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When you say bilge you mean the engine compartment correct. If so there's never any water in the bilge and I actually never run it. Doesn't the new bilge turn on automatically when it senses water? It was a pretty steady stream. To be fair it was on a slope so it was only coming out one side.. The first ten hours or so I never had any water come out of the transom plugs. Since then though I have everytime. I'm at about 26 hours now. I have been wakesurfing everytime water has came out. I wonder if that has any bearing on water leaking.
Ah so it only happens when you wake surf? If so I'm gonna say it's your rub rail if your using a lot of ballast or listing the boat heavily and putting the rub rail down in the water. The bilge is actually below the cleanout tray. The engine compartment just has the a hole cut out in it that is a tunnel that leads to the bilge. Yamaha puts the bilge pump over that hole to pump out any water that would enter the engine compartment. Remove your storage tray to look towards the rub rail and have a friend shine a line from the outside of the boat. Look for any light leaking in. Someone on here had a big leak at their rub rail and had to seal it up from inside. I'd make the dealer do that if it's leaking from there but I would do it in the winter and enjoy the boating season.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been wakesurfing everytime water has came out. I wonder if that has any bearing on water leaking.
There you go! The rub-rail leaks like a sieve, if you are pushing the rubrail under water (with ballast) or even splash it a lot, you will get a lot of water inside (without any water going over the top)

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
HAHAHAHA I guess @haknslash had the same idea, lol.

--

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Here's a picture of the anchor drain. Also I just checked and the front seat locker storage is dry it's only the rear that gets wet.
DBDCB5E8-73F7-4907-8F36-81AF4CC9F7E0.jpeg
Ah so it only happens when you wake surf? If so I'm gonna say it's your rub rail if your using a lot of ballast or listing the boat heavily and putting the rub rail down in the water. The bilge is actually below the cleanout tray. The engine compartment just has the a hole cut out in it that is a tunnel that leads to the bilge. Yamaha puts the bilge pump over that hole to pump out any water that would enter the engine compartment. Remove your storage tray to look towards the rub rail and have a friend shine a line from the outside of the boat. Look for any light leaking in. Someone on here had a big leak at their rub rail and had to seal it up from inside. I'd make the dealer do that if it's leaking from there but I would do it in the winter and enjoy the boating season.
Well it never happened before hour 10 and we never wakesurfed. After hour 10 we have wakesurfed everytime out. No ballast yet but always about 600-700 lbs of people. What the shit is the rub rail? Just looked at the engine compartment and it's bone dry and to my knowledge has always been.

There you go! The rub-rail leaks like a sieve, if you are pushing the rubrail under water (with ballast) or even splash it a lot, you will get a lot of water inside (without any water going over the top)
We do do a lot of getting on and off the swim platform for hours a day swimming diving etc.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Arcadyus and when I said use a hose I mean fill the bilge by opening the cleanout tray, unscrew one of the white inspection caps and fill it from there, if you look in the hole you will see the bilge. On the left side inspection you'll see the water box muffler stuff and under the right side inspection cap you'll see the transducer. Yours is draining water from the same side you surf I'm guessing? Likely your rub rail as they can leak.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The rub rail is the stainless steel trim that goes around the outside of your boat. It's what protects it from hitting a dock, or attempts to lol.

Don't worry about the anchor locker. Our boats don't have that issue. Your issue is either drain plugs, rub rail or something on the stern. Since you say it only happens when you wake surf with a bunch of people acting as ballast then I'm going to say it's your rub rail that is allowing water to enter the bilge. These boats are built as two halves. The hull and the top deck (cockpit). The rub rail is in between those two halves. Since it's not a shoebox tight seal on the two halves everywhere on the boat then if the rub rail is below water that means the seam is too, so that's where water comes in.

Good your engine compartment is dry. That means your storage lockers aren't getting wet from flooding lol. So that means they likely got wet because you washed the boat, someone spilled something in your cup holder or something. Look down in the cup holders. It's just a hole that goes right into your storage compartment.

Last edited:

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
4FFDC0D4-5C4E-4360-8C73-867F7C54EB19.jpeg
These things right? And the bilge is right next to the engine correct?
@Arcadyus and when I said use a hose I mean fill the bilge by opening the cleanout tray, unscrew one of the white inspection caps and fill it from there, if you look in the hole you will see the bilge. On the left side inspection you'll see the water box muffler stuff and under the right side inspection cap you'll see the transducer. Yours is draining water from the same side you surf I'm guessing? Likely your rub rail as they can leak.
We surf from both sides lol.

The rub rail is the stainless steel trim that goes around the outside of your boat. It's what protects it from hitting a dock, or attempts to lol.
OH shit im a fucking idiot. Should I seal all those screws?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes those are the inspection caps for the bilge area. Directly under there is your bilge. The engine compartment is not really the bilge. It has a hole in the bottom of it where your bilge pump is located and under that hole is a tunnel that goes to the bilge. So as water fills the bilge it eventually would make its way to the engine compartment hole and then would be pumped out once the bilge pump detected it. Always have the bilge pump ON when on the water.