• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR210 won't start and rough idle ***UPDATE SOLUTION***

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
What a journey, Huh Dennis? Just glad that you got it done and save the Bucks! And your journey, of course, is a Guide for the rest of us, thanks a bunch.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
adding this to faq under engine removal,

how has the engine ran this summer?
If anybody needs any info on how to pull an engine please pm me. I have a well documented list of what to do and quite a few pics of the process, and more experience doing so than I care to admit. One of these days I'll get around to creating a thread (maybe over winter).

Unfortunately, I'm still working on fixing my engine. The sticky valve issue is fixed, but in doing so it created a water leak when a head bolt seemingly cracked the block when the head was re-seated. So now I've pulled the engine for the third time and will be figuring out a plan to either weld the block or replace it. Either way, it will be a winter project. This summer was a bust for the boat ;(

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What a journey, Huh Dennis? Just glad that you got it done and save the Bucks! And your journey, of course, is a Guide for the rest of us, thanks a bunch.
Thanks for the well wishes Mel. Unfortunately, I'm still fixing the boat. See the above post. ;(

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Ugh...Dennis, just hope a flight over to Powell, I have room for you and the Mrs.! I didn't read the thread completely and know Todd was dealing with his saga too. Forgive me for not paying closer attention, but driving into Powell today, I got lost in the splendor, and was trying to keep up with the forum while Clara drove. She wasn't comfortable driving on the two lane 89 from flagstaff to Powell. Serious, come on over!!!!
image.jpeg

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I'm sure it's been mentioned since this is an older topic but I'll toss this in. You are doing more harm than good running the engine in the winter on the hose. You slightly warm the oil but don't get it up to temp to burn off any condensation. The warm oil will invite condensation in and you'll have moisture in the crankcase until you go out in the spring and run it hard until it gets hot enough to get that water out.

Don't be tempted. Put it away for the winter and let it sleep.

zerotolerance

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Reviving an old thread, but I believe I am experiencing the same issues you guys experienced. Port side motor will idle for about 5seconds (sometimes) then dies out of the water. In water, due to the idle load on the impeller, it wont start and if it does, dies rather quickly. Checked jet drive and everything appears to be ok with it.

Sadly, I can almost guarantee it's a stuck valve. Unfortunately, my leak down and compression testers are not here at the lakehouse :( Will update as soon as I find something out.

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@zerotolerance I'm sorry we had to meet like this but glad to have you on board,
You may want to start a new thread maybe with a link of this one in it to more easily follow,

How long have you owned your boat?
How many hours are on the engines?
Do you do your own maintenance, if so how often?
Where are you located?