• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ar240 rgb led install

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally beat the rain and finished my install with opt-7 rgb lights. Sorry about the lame music it's the only radio station I could get while recording with my phone and the long video, i was messing with all the features. Really love how I can turn the system to all white, change to 16 different colors, strobe,fade, speed up or slow down and play to music. The opt-7 aura kit is all plug and play. I added 2 expansion kits for a total of 12 strips. Cost $89 plus shipping.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice results man. Great job

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice results man. Great job
Thanks it came out really well I think. I'll update with some daytime pictures tomorrow before we take it out to watch fireworks. I still need to wire up the rgb's in my rev 8 tower speakers and add the last 2 strips to the stern storage compartments.

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is fly....please post the link. Plug and play is what I prefer.

Does it come with a rgb controller, are you running your towers off that same one?

Very nice, def want this.

My only concern is them damn bugs, at night they seem to appear out of no where once its dusk and you turn on lights...any lights....courtesy, connext screen.

Besides that it came out nice.

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is fly....please post the link. Plug and play is what I prefer.

Does it come with a rgb controller, are you running your towers off that same one?

Very nice, def want this.

My only concern is them damn bugs, at night they seem to appear out of no where once its dusk and you turn on lights...any lights....courtesy, connext screen.

Besides that it came out nice.
It comes with two controllers. My revo 8's in the bow had built in rgb's so I cut the wires and tied them into the controller. I will be doing the same with the rev 8 towers once I get some more wire. Here is the link to the light kit and expansion packs. http://www.opt-7.com/aura-boat-interior-led-lighting-kit-with-remotes/?sku=WWSTP5050KIT-RGB-01-US&gclid=Cj0KCQjwvezZBRDkARIsADKQyPmSZslO0zYutLsnhdQ5S2XGgqDlW8FT30_9KgcE55KumzplqUeiYxcaAs8yEALw_wcB
And the expansion packs http://www.opt-7.com/aura-led-expansion-4pack-3-5inch-strips/

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It comes with two controllers. My revo 8's in the bow had built in rgb's so I cut the wires and tied them into the controller. I will be doing the same with the rev 8 towers once I get some more wire. Here is the link to the light kit and expansion packs. http://www.opt-7.com/aura-boat-interior-led-lighting-kit-with-remotes/?sku=WWSTP5050KIT-RGB-01-US&gclid=Cj0KCQjwvezZBRDkARIsADKQyPmSZslO0zYutLsnhdQ5S2XGgqDlW8FT30_9KgcE55KumzplqUeiYxcaAs8yEALw_wcB
And the expansion packs http://www.opt-7.com/aura-led-expansion-4pack-3-5inch-strips/
Very nice! seems to be a real marine kit that's actually waterproof.
Two controllers - just for convenience?
Would be great to see how you hook it all up!

--

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice! seems to be a real marine kit that's actually waterproof.
Two controllers - just for convenience?
Would be great to see how you hook it all up!

--
Ill have pictures up in a day or so. Taking it out tomorrow for Red White and Boom.

Hana

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ill have pictures up in a day or so. Taking it out tomorrow for Red White and Boom.
Bought the same kit with 2 expansion kits. Looking to install it next weekend any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bought the same kit with 2 expansion kits. Looking to install it next weekend any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.
Give me a day or 2 and I will get into the boat to take pictures and do a write up of the way I wired the system.

Last edited:

Rhino

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Give me a day or 2 and I will get into the boat to take pictures and do a write up of the way I wired the system.
Did you ever do a write up of your install?

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
following

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry guys totally forgot to take pictures and videos this past weekend. We finally took the boat out after 4 months of sitting and I told myself I was going to take the daytime pictures and totally forgot. I will forsure get this info put up here by this weekend for you guys.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry guys totally forgot to take pictures and videos this past weekend. We finally took the boat out after 4 months of sitting and I told myself I was going to take the daytime pictures and totally forgot. I will forsure get this info put up here by this weekend for you guys.
Great, thank you! Let us know how everything holds up in the kit!

--

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Good stuff! Thanks

Rhino

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome... Where did u get extra y splitters? And didn't you tie the wetsounds rgb speakers into that controller?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Excellent, thanks!

Did you disable your white lights when you ran the wires through those, or just squeeze the wire around the existing bulb? And, the stock lights still work? If they still work, there's no chance of getting hot and melting your led wires?

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome... Where did u get extra y splitters? And didn't you tie the wetsounds rgb speakers into that controller?
On the same site I bought the kit. Its called the expansion pack and comes with a few extra led strips, longer wire and y splitters. Website is in the 5th post from the top. Yes I forgot that I cut in the rgb speaker lights. I just spliced them into the wire from the kit.