• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ar240 rgb led install

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wonder if I could tap into my existing setup with wetsounds controller and RGB speakers?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally making progress.
Almost done!

--

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking good @swatski, I was hoping mine would be here sooner. I don’t think I’ll be able to get them installed before the 4th. But plenty more time for afterdark boating in July and August here.

Dthiss

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Pretty cool

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was all excited my package was delivered and was going to install these this weekend, open it up to check it out, only to realize I ordered the deck squares instead of the strips.🤦‍♂️ FAIL! Now I gotta wait for the strips to ship next week. 😒

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, got the right box this time. Gotta get these installed this weekend before our trip to lake Travis. 7CA0FC65-2FC5-4ACE-AAEF-5CEC3A510D06.jpeg

Gund128

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Installed this on the recommendation of this site! Controller box would just shut off when in beats mode. But they were quick to replace it. Awesome lights and customer service. Easy install.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, like reported by others, everything test good with the cig light, hard wire it in, get nothing.

@swatski did you end up just splicing the barrel connector?

4B532C91-CA53-49C2-A1A9-1CF0839AA4F5.jpeg

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, like reported by others, everything test good with the cig light, hard wire it in, get nothing.

@swatski did you end up just splicing the barrel connector?

View attachment 99681
Yessir. I have it hardwired and it works, except it comes on automatically when I turn the ignitions. So, I just have to turn it off with the dongle, no harm but annoying. I gave up on the customer service, they keep sending me new fuse blocks, not what I need... I have two control units doing the same thing. Will need to trouble shoot this when I'm back from vacation.
Otherwise all works well!

And now also including the "music/beat sync" - which is kind of a joke but fun nevertheless. This is how to turn it on, it took me a while to figure this out...

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yessir. I have it hardwired and it works, except it comes on automatically when I turn the ignitions. So, I just have to turn it off with the dongle, no harm but annoying. I gave up on the customer service, they keep sending me new fuse blocks, not what I need... I have two control units doing the same thing. Will need to trouble shoot this when I'm back from vacation.
Otherwise all works well!
View attachment 99684

View attachment 99686

View attachment 99685
And now also including the "music/beat sync" - which is kind of a joke but fun nevertheless. This is how to turn it on, it took me a while to figure this out...
View attachment 99683
How did you hard wire but keep the dongle intact? I was thinking you cut it off? Can you break open the barrel connector and get the wires after the switch?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How did you hard wire but keep the dongle intact? I was thinking you cut it off? Can you break open the barrel connector and get the wires after the switch?
Yes, it's easy to open with some help with a small flat screwdriver. I ended up cutting the cig lighter wires and splicing a generic fuse holder with a 10A fuse into the positive, and connectign to a distribution block with cramped on o-ring connectors.

--

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, it's easy to open with some help with a small flat screwdriver. I ended up cutting the cig lighter wires and splicing a generic fuse holder with a 10A fuse into the positive, and connectign to a distribution block with cramped on o-ring connectors.
--
So ended up I needed the red connectors not the blue ones, that’s why the ground wire wasn’t catching. So I got it wired and working, I tapped into the cigarette lighter. Only issue now is when I turn the batteries on it automatically turns the lights on. What would be the best way to add a switch? I used the fuse from my simrad for the positive, it is also tapped into the cigarette lighter for power.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update, here is mine, I did the 3.5 inch in the swim platform, I think I’m going to add the 12inch, they are not bright enough.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No, I might in the future, I don’t use it that often, so I just leave the box unplugged unless I want to turn it on. It’s easy to reach under the helm where I put it.

1goodcop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
OK @swatski and @CraigAR I've read all these, and all look great, but what I don't see is; do these lights always have to flash or "move" to the music or fade etc.? Is there anything in the remote, or the new Bluetooth remote that just puts on "blue" and stays that way, where I can adjust the intensity, but not go through all the colors and/or flash, fade, bump to music etc?

For example: What if I just want constant "white" light at the slip or dock to off-load everyone and gear, or just constant "blue" while having dinner at night?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK @swatski and @CraigAR I've read all these, and all look great, but what I don't see is; do these lights always have to flash or "move" to the music or fade etc.? Is there anything in the remote, or the new Bluetooth remote that just puts on "blue" and stays that way, where I can adjust the intensity, but not go through all the colors and/or flash, fade, bump to music etc?

For example: What if I just want constant "white" light at the slip or dock to off-load everyone and gear, or just constant "blue" while having dinner at night?
In a word, yes. You can set it up for one color, any color, no strobe, no flicker, dimming is rudimentary but also works.

The remotes can be finicky. One of mine stopped working already. I have not been able/did not bother to trouble shoot the other issues I mentioned, like the system/lights coming on with the ignition, I just have them unplugged at the power module. But it is a nice system overall, very easy to set up.

--

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What is everyone using to fill the holes made to install?