• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ar240 rgb led install

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wanted to revisit this thread myself. Any issues with wiring in this switch so I can just toggle the lights on and off as needed? I have a fuse panel mounted under the helm (Blue Sea Marine) so I'm thinking wire the Aura 7 connector to the toggle switch, switch to panel. Was going to carefully cutout the section to the left of the port side tach where I think switch would mount nicely.

Othewise, looking to get this project started now that the Seadek mats are in.

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is everyone using to fill the holes made to install?
I'm not certain, but I'm going to guess 3M 5200. That's what I'll use at least for mine although a step down would probably suffice for this type of install.

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski @CraigAR How did you run the wires for the transom? I'm assuming you used a splitter somewhere near the engine bay? But more specifically, I can see you tucked the LEDs under the smaller rear cushion but can't picture how/where the wires are run. Did you have to drill new holes to get the wires into the cabin?

For the transom I used the blower hole on each side, it was Pre cut in my 190.

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For the transom I used the blower hole on each side, it was Pre cut in my 190.
Thanks @B0at1n I didn't think to look there on my AR240. I'm waiting for the OPT-7 Black Friday sale to grab everything then I'll see what I come up with =).

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski @CraigAR How did you run the wires for the transom? I'm assuming you used a splitter somewhere near the engine bay? But more specifically, I can see you tucked the LEDs under the smaller rear cushion but can't picture how/where the wires are run. Did you have to drill new holes to get the wires into the cabin?
I drilled holes behind the transom cushions, and routed the wires through the storage comps. IIRC.
Keep in mind with this kind of a system - it is super easy to put it together as you just connect parts, no splicing, but with those connectors your holes/openings will need to be somewhat larger (to pass the connectors through as opposed to just wire).

--