• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Asking for advice. <SX190 or SX210>

Theryan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Weight will be around 3,800lbs fully loaded on the trailer ready for a day on the lake. That's fuel, safety gear, tubes, skis, boards, anchors, and a couple coolers. +/- 200lbs or so depending on what you carry with you.

Width on trailer will be near 8'-6" or so. Depends on how much the tires bulge :D

Length with tongue folded is 19'-2" on my '17 AR190. Should be the same for yours. Might vary a little depending on where the bow stop is located.

Height on trailer is just under 6'-11" (83") for an AR with modified tower resting on the steering wheel. SX190 might be a shade (couple inches?) lower.
Seriously, this forum is great. You guys are wonderful!

As an added bonus, when I checked it out last night I discovered it has Thrust Vectors installed on it. Personally, I was planning on going Cobra, but whatever. At least there's something on there currently.

Theryan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Quick update!

Thanks to all of your help, I am now the proud owner of the SX190 with only 109 hours on it! Took it out this weekend, and it was a blast!

We had a bit of trouble getting the cleanout plug to really lock into place, but finally got it. Any tips on this one, by chance?

I also noticed that it seems like the previous owner might have sat on the captains chair on the back, and now it slumps down. Any tips on removing the seat to repair the base of it so that it is back to normal?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For the clean out plug... aggressively clean the hole where the plug goes into. Steel wool or a soft wire brush, and check if the plug perhaps is a little swollen. If so the bottom part can be replaced to make it go in easy. You can use silicone spray or any other plastic safe product to ease insertion, but if they are swollen, replacement of the rubber parts is the ultimate fix.

There is a bad experience called a blow out plug, when the system fails to lock the plug in place. The plug dislodges and/or flies away and ruins you day. EZ Lock is the fix for that. It adds a safety pin so it will not come off unless you want it to. it adds maybe 10 seconds to the plug insertion process, but it's well worth it! It's a common topic on the forum, search for it if it seems unfamiliar.

Congrats on the new boat!!!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Quick update!

Thanks to all of your help, I am now the proud owner of the SX190 with only 109 hours on it! Took it out this weekend, and it was a blast!

We had a bit of trouble getting the cleanout plug to really lock into place, but finally got it. Any tips on this one, by chance?

I also noticed that it seems like the previous owner might have sat on the captains chair on the back, and now it slumps down. Any tips on removing the seat to repair the base of it so that it is back to normal?
Congrats on the new boat. That is pretty low hours for a 2012 model. I'm just over that on my 2017 now.

I have no input/help on the plugs, I have the new style in my boat.

Theryan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh, and i have to figure out what might be going on with the trailer lights. the back left one isn't working, but i don't know if it's just a bulb or not.

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Quick update!

@Theryan Wow! 109 hrs..... She's still like new.... I have 60 hrs on my new 2019.......

Congrats and enjoy. I think you made the right choice for many reasons mentioned by everyone already, but the main reason is because this is your first boat. Bigger is not always better. Get to know if boating is really your thing before upgrading to bigger and better (and more expensive). And with what you bought, you should have no problem selling at a decent price when you get ready for the next boat. You'll find the things that YOU would like to have in the next boat. I started w/ jet skis and then went to an 18' I/O and now have a 210 FSH Sport. IF they had a 24 FSH Sport, I would've gone with it. Everyone has different needs in a boat at different times in their lives so enjoy your new (to you) boat. Be safe and learn your local rules and regs.

Theryan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Theryan Wow! 109 hrs..... She's still like new.... I have 60 hrs on my new 2019.......

Congrats and enjoy. I think you made the right choice for many reasons mentioned by everyone already, but the main reason is because this is your first boat. Bigger is not always better. Get to know if boating is really your thing before upgrading to bigger and better (and more expensive). And with what you bought, you should have no problem selling at a decent price when you get ready for the next boat. You'll find the things that YOU would like to have in the next boat. I started w/ jet skis and then went to an 18' I/O and now have a 210 FSH Sport. IF they had a 24 FSH Sport, I would've gone with it. Everyone has different needs in a boat at different times in their lives so enjoy your new (to you) boat. Be safe and learn your local rules and regs.
Thank you! It's still a little surreal that i have a boat now, but it's so exciting. Now, it's just a matter of getting a few housekeeping things in order!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Gongrafz. Stop looking at the forum and buy the EZ lock NOW

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not sure what that is...
It will keep your clean out plug from blowing up in case it has not locked properly.

It is made by cobra jet

Attachments

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And check this:
Thank you @swatski , The bottom 2 pictures are very helpful for people to understand that the proper way to use the lock is placing it in position 1 with the T handle up and the lock on the plug, the left picture shows that , and then the right side picture shows when you install the plug and set the t handle down the lock closes and you can look down and view that the ends are closed indicating the E Z lock is now backing up the original internal lock to keep a plug from blowing, If you note the ends of the ez lock are flat this is due to how they are formed during the manufacturing process if you choose you can file the flat edged a bit to make them close a lot faster when the t handle is being pushed down.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other