• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Back to the future: considering a mint 2009 232 Limited S vs a new 2016 AR240 - am I crazy?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well your wife played that right. Kept the reins on for the purchase, left for the boring low RPM break in. Back in town for the high RPM fun!!

Hell yes - well played!!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Break it in at Shelbyville @swatski !!!

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Weh heyyyy!!! @swatski what a way to go, congrats :winkingthumbsup", Fantastic news, I'm really pleased for you and your family.

Look out Bimini, double troubles coming ;):D.

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Nice!!!

St. Charles boat and motor is where I bought mine. Really nice people. I had my salesman and the sales manager give me their cell numbers and told me to call them if I was on the water and had issues.

Congrats!!!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That guy with the 09 should have taken that as mentioned he will likely now hold that boat through the off season and he may not get that price for it next year since it will be another year older I think 25k is more then fair for a boat with 200 hours on it. Anyways congrats @swatski I think your family will love the new boat.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, I am very excited about the new boat, no doubt. But, it does come with some limitations. Chief among them:

1. Not being able to experiment with the MR1 set up; that one really bothers me, I was so ready.
(e.g. has anyone tried 2010+ OEM impellers in 230 pumps? they have a very different blade design that preceded Group K testing, I am very curious what that might do in a 230 pump across various pitches)

2. My current performance mod budget = $0 (zero $);
Kate is so suspicious I am going to get sneaky, she is double checking "trailer valet" is not some kind of a performance mod, LOL. I'm hosed. :D

--

Last edited:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, I am very excited about the new boat, no doubt. But, it does come with some serious limitations. Chief among them:

1. Not being able to experiment with the MR1 set up; that one really bothers me, I was so ready.
(e.g. has anyone tried 2010+ OEM impellers in 230 pumps? they have a very different blade design that preceded Group K testing, I am very curious how that might work in a 230 pump across various pitches)

2. My current performance mod budget = 0; (I mean zero);
Kate is so suspicious I am going to get sneaky, she thinks "trailer valet" is a new kind of a performance mod... I'm hosed.

--
Honestly you wont need much in the performance mod area you are buying a boat that stock will easily cruise above 40 and top out close to 50 you wont need much more then that. When returning from Exuma between Chub Cay and Bimini we ran about 70 miles straight at 48 mph in the ocean in Isaac's boat so I think you will like its performance.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Honestly you wont need much in the performance mod area you are buying a boat that stock will easily cruise above 40 and top out close to 50 you wont need much more then that. When returning from Exuma between Chub Cay and Bimini we ran about 70 miles straight at 48 mph in the ocean in Isaac's boat so I think you will like its performance.
I totally agree, that's the deal. In the long run - who knows, but she is going to run stock for a while!

--