• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ballast Bag Connections

Steve212x

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Hey Guys

Looking for a ballast bag connection (looks like a blue part to me), mine seems to have gone to the big wake in the sky.
Cant seem to find a part number for this - is this a generic part maybe?

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve
2012 212x Black

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Steve212x

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Thanks!

just found their site and ordered

212xcarbon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
14 212x. Mine popped as well. Threads are shot. Went to buy through you're link and only 1 left. Want to do both gotta call tomorrow.

Steve212x

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Let me know what they say. I only ordered one, but like your idea of doing both proactively.

also I think it’s gonna be a PITA to get that hose connected!

212xcarbon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I messed around last night with connection once I saw 1 was sepeerated. I removed the speaker and could do it 1 handed

Steve212x

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I messed around last night with connection once I saw 1 was sepeerated. I removed the speaker and could do it 1 handed
What’s the trick for removing the speaker? I got the parts, they are the correct ones. But super hard to get back to the connection from under the seat.

was thinking i could release the pipe from the pump and push it through from the engine side allowing me to access it without morphing into a contortionist. Once connected pull it back and connect to the pump again.

interested to avoid that, as I’ve heard those pipes are really tight on the pump and wouldn’t want to risk damaging it

Steve212x

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Also the fitting going into the factory bag is a POS. Even with the fitting pushed all the way into the bag I can’t get a positive feeling of it being tight without it slipping off the threads.
Saw a post where they removed the plastic locking ring and replaced with a hose clamp on the bag side. Thinking this is the best way to go here.

Steve212x

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
What’s the trick for removing the speaker? I got the parts, they are the correct ones. But super hard to get back to the connection from under the seat.

was thinking i could release the pipe from the pump and push it through from the engine side allowing me to access it without morphing into a contortionist. Once connected pull it back and connect to the pump again.

interested to avoid that, as I’ve heard those pipes are really tight on the pump and wouldn’t want to risk damaging it
Seems ask google and one shalt receive

212xcarbon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I pulled 4 screws and speaker and grill just pulled right out. Yes bag fitting is pos. I put silicone on fitting before I screwed in

Steve212x

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I pulled 4 screws and speaker and grill just pulled right out. Yes bag fitting is pos. I put silicone on fitting before I screwed in
good plan!