• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery Relocation 2013 SX240

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Every one knows the factory battery location is not the best for storage. It blocks a lot of space in the compartment which renders it useless. So I relocated them towards the back of the boat where it is really not useful for anything other than... Battery storage. I do not have a on board charger so I need to remove every once in a while to bring them home to charge, so I have decided on a sliding tray type.
you do have to undo the wiring harness that is secured on the flooring. remove screw and cut zip tie so you can maneuver the harness easier. I did not have to move my battery switch or extend any wires for this mod.

Items used
Two plastic cutting boards-https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-15X20-Cutting-Board/13397990
Set of Sliders 18" - http://www.homedepot.com/p/Liberty-18-in-Full-Extension-Ball-Bearing-Side-Mount-Drawer-Slide-1-Pair-D80618C-ZP-W/202200644
One Door stop -http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-Oil-Rubbed-Bronze-Wall-Door-Stop-15705/202034115

The cutting board does not fit. I had to trim about 2 inches off the side. Not pretty Don't care :)

Mount the sliders on the board

Mount the battery tray on the board. I intended to make it sit like so....

But guess what, does not work. the fuel expansion tank? is in the way. Holy Shit... by the time i figured it out I was ALL FINISHED! I had to undo everything, relocated the battery tray to clear this tank.

For sure I do not want the batteries to fly forward. Drilled two holes and dropped pair of engine valve to secure it in place

When the tray is extended, the weight of the batteries on the board will make it sag and wear out the sliders. so I put a door stop several inches forward of the board so it can sit on it while the slider is in extended position

now you have a HUGE compartment that you can use!

also decided to move my fire extinguisher

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I really should consider doing this especially with the second battery added this compartment really is useless.

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I've been thinking of doing the same thing, but I hadn't considered cutting boards. I like it!!

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That makes me wonder if I can build something under the swim deck

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Every one knows the factory battery location is not the best for storage. It blocks a lot of space in the compartment which renders it useless. So I relocated them towards the back of the boat where it is really not useful for anything other than... Battery storage. I do not have a on board charger so I need to remove every once in a while to bring them home to charge, so I have decided on a sliding tray type.
you do have to undo the wiring harness that is secured on the flooring. remove screw and cut zip tie so you can maneuver the harness easier. I did not have to move my battery switch or extend any wires for this mod.

Items used
Two plastic cutting boards-https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-15X20-Cutting-Board/13397990
Set of Sliders 18" - http://www.homedepot.com/p/Liberty-18-in-Full-Extension-Ball-Bearing-Side-Mount-Drawer-Slide-1-Pair-D80618C-ZP-W/202200644
One Door stop -http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-Oil-Rubbed-Bronze-Wall-Door-Stop-15705/202034115

The cutting board does not fit. I had to trim about 2 inches off the side. Not pretty Don't care :)

Mount the sliders on the board

Mount the battery tray on the board. I intended to make it sit like so....

But guess what, does not work. the fuel expansion tank? is in the way. Holy Shit... by the time i figured it out I was ALL FINISHED! I had to undo everything, relocated the battery tray to clear this tank.

For sure I do not want the batteries to fly forward. Drilled two holes and dropped pair of engine valve to secure it in place

When the tray is extended, the weight of the batteries on the board will make it sag and wear out the sliders. so I put a door stop several inches forward of the board so it can sit on it while the slider is in extended position

now you have a HUGE compartment that you can use!

also decided to move my fire extinguisher
@blacksapphirez do you still have the pics for this? I am looking for ideas for something similar this weekend.
Thanks!

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
sorry guys....SUPER busy at work :(

I wanted to install it parallel but there's something inside(something to do with the fuel) that prevented battery from going in. so i had to turn the inside one long ways.

Plastic Cutting board & Drawer sliders.

SURVIVED 2017 Bimini Crossing!

20170215_201521.jpg 20170218_182215.jpg 20170218_163827.jpg