• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bennett Bolt Trim Tabs installed

Bajd98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Cycle Springs in Clearwater finished my Bennett Bolt Trim Tab install ! (Also had lateral thrusters and thrust vector put on). Figured I would just have it all done before delevery down here to Sanibel Island Big day tomorrow (weather permitting lol )

Attachments

Andy NJ

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sweet! What size tabs did they use?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sweet install! The tabs really change the amount of comfort in these boats in a major way.
Looks like 7-8", maybe 9" (both span and chord) which is plenty for these boats!

The one thing to keep in mind - if one ever considers Wake Surfing - some of the tab installs will prevent the Gatlin Wake Wedge from working - need to keep unobstructed clear line between the U-bolt tie downs and rear ladder mounts.
(The new Yamaha Wake Booster will likely not work with any tabs, but we still do not know enough about it to worry, at this point)

--

Bajd98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sweet install! The tabs really change the amount of comfort in these boats in a major way.
Looks like 7-8", maybe 9" (both span and chord) which is plenty for these boats!

The one thing to keep in mind - if one ever considers Wake Surfing - some of the tab installs will prevent the Gatlin Wake Wedge from working - need to keep unobstructed clear line between the U-bolt tie downs and rear ladder mounts.
(The new Yamaha Wake Booster will likely not work with any tabs, but we still do not know enough about it to worry, at this point)

--
thanks!...they are 9x 12......dealer and their install guy said these t won't interfere with the new Yamaha wake booster but who knows until we actually see it right? In any event wake surfing isn't my main priority really.

Manuel Lahens

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Cycle Springs in Clearwater finished my Bennett Bolt Trim Tab install ! (Also had lateral thrusters and thrust vector put on). Figured I would just have it all done before delevery down here to Sanibel Island Big day tomorrow (weather permitting lol )
Hello Bajd98.
I used to have a 2013 AR240 and installed a set of Volvo Penta QL Trim Tabs. Last year I sold the boat and bought a 2018 242 Limited SE E Series and was looking to install trim tabs again on this boat. I came across your post and wanted to ask you for an update on how you are liking the Benetts shown in your post? I also took the liberty of contacting Cycle Springs hoping they could do mine as well since they did yours. The gentlemen I spoke to recalls only ever installing one within the last 4 years and it was a Lenco at the boat owners Marina not his shop. So my other question to you is are you certain it was Cycle Springs and was it done around the time you created this post August 2018? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Bajd98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I love them.... they make all the difference here in the Gulf. Positive it was cycle springs lol it’s where I bought the boat.... call and ask to speak to Scott Ellis. I’m sure he would likely remember

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Manuel Lahens I installed these same Bennett tabs about a year ago. They work great! About a month ago we were heading back home in about a 2’ chop with the tabs about 3/4 down. The bow just cut through the water like it didn’t even care. I had 2 young kids in the bow and they never looked unsafe. Meanwhile my buddy with his SX210 was trying to keep up but catching air the whole time.... We’ll be installing his Bennett trim tabs this Saturday

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Manuel Lahens I installed these same Bennett tabs about a year ago. They work great! About a month ago we were heading back home in about a 2’ chop with the tabs about 3/4 down. The bow just cut through the water like it didn’t even care. I had 2 young kids in the bow and they never looked unsafe. Meanwhile my buddy with his SX210 was trying to keep up but catching air the whole time.... We’ll be installing his Bennett trim tabs this Saturday
Yep. Major benefits to tabs.
Highly recommended in these boats!

Many here also use lectrotabs:

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bajd98 were you out in your boat in pine island sound Saturday around 6pm? I was coming back from redfish pass in my white and red ar240 and spotted a boat that looked just like yours.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I just installed Bennett's trim tab this past weekend. Had them on all my boats. They work great! Got the one with the EIC with auto-retract when you turn off the key. Highly recommend putting them on..

Bajd98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Bajd98 were you out in your boat in pine island sound Saturday around 6pm? I was coming back from redfish pass in my white and red ar240 and spotted a boat that looked just like yours.
Not that day but I did see someone trailering one last weekend here on Sanibel. Assuming it’s a tourist ....

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Yep. Major benefits to tabs.
Highly recommended in these boats!
Finally got to use them this past Sunday. Worth every penny.:happy::happy::happy:

Mike Snigur

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
could you recommend which trim tabs would work for my 16 ar240?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
could you recommend which trim tabs would work for my 16 ar240?
I can not imagine you would be unhappy with the install I did on my 2016 AR240.
Lectrotabs, short actuators is the key. MLC controller, not full auto. Those would be my recommendations.
Here is more info:
This is what you need (found my invoice!) - this is the exact set that I have on my boat, and what @FloJet put on except he went full AUTO - which sounds like may be the way to go.
This set fits your hull exactly. It has the tabs flared up, which I believe is the way to go.
Here is the install thread, it is a bit long...
https://jetboaters.net/threads/trim-tabs-options-wake-surfing-and-cruising.12031/page-2

I can't tell they will give you the exact same price, but most likely.
Nicest people, Dan or Claiborne of Lectrotabs. They also respond to phone calls (I can find the number if you need it, let me know).
cjackson@lectrotab.com
dan@lectrotab.com

The MLC-1 is kind of a semi-auto. I like it a lot. Use the tabs essentially every time I go out. Wouldn't be without them again. Probably the best mod I have right now, and I am choosing my words carefully, lol.

Hope this helps!

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you. i will email them. assume 16x9 is the best option.
Yes.
16” span (width) is about the biggest size that can be fitted (flash) on that transom without any shims.
9” chord does not interfere with tie downs, provided short actuators.

That is more than enough tab for the boat.
Lectrotabs have conduits that equalize pressure in the actuators so those do not tend to suck in water/mostuire. It is a very good brand used by many ship builders. They have been very helpful for this community ever since @Bruce established contact and introduced them to jet boats.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
whats the advantage of full auto?
The ALC automatically adjusts trim when a passenger moves around. I would not buy it again. I love the controller layout but the MLC with the same layout would fully meet my needs.