• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bennett Trim Tab model for 24-25’ Yamahas

Navalaviator08

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hello,
I recently bought a set of Bennett bolt 12x12 limited space trim tabs for my 252 and they do not fit under the swim deck. I have read a lot of discussions on this forum about Bennett trim tabs for Yamahas so people must be successfully installing them. What model numbers are folks installing on their 24-25’ Yamahas? I’m having a difficult time finding a model that will fit my boat. Any help will be much appreciated.

While some have installed Bennetts with success. Most here have used Lectrotabs because they have came up with custom sized tabs and actuators

You would think that Yamaha who has owned Bennett trim tabs since 2017 would offer trim tabs in a boat package. But they do not. Many of us have found Lectrotab trim tabs to be the answer to a smoother ride. I installed mine in 2017, wife first asked if we needed to spend that much to put them on our 07 AR230. The first ride out with them and she said "This is the best mod. you did to the boat".

Yeah, I’m disappointed that Bennett does not offer a kit that fits Yamahas. Thanks everyone for your inputs. I guess I will be giving Lectrotab a call.

Those are pretty slick and should fit not problem under the swim deck. I love how they don’t protrude out from the hull. Do you think the 450s is needed and will fit? 300 or 450, they are both very pricey.
I believe the 300 would be enough. Although we just took our new 255xd out for a 3hr ride on a wind chopped day @ LOZ and it did do better than the '18 242x

I'm surprised no one has tried to do a tab similar to this that's on some of the wake boats that direct water flow.
@swatski did and I also did. The Issues is it did change the wake but put a lot of drag on the boat. Had to counter steer. But on the other hand the were worthless for the normal style of trimming the boat. So I went back to standard tabs.

I believe the 300 would be enough. Although we just took our new 255xd out for a 3hr ride on a wind chopped day @ LOZ and it did do better than the '18 242x

@swatski did and I also did. The Issues is it did change the wake but put a lot of drag on the boat. Had to counter steer. But on the other hand the were worthless for the normal style of trimming the boat. So I went back to standard tabs.
interesting find. Glad someone has tried it so other dont have to lol.

Although we just took our new 255xd out for a 3hr ride on a wind chopped day @ LOZ and it did do better than the '18 242x
Just got a 252x and although I notice a smoother ride than my 2010 AR240 I’m still thinking trim tabs for those days when I’m fighting a cross wind. Did you ever decide to go for it and if so which brand did you choose? The West Marine link on your previous post is dead.

I just finished installing Zipwake 300s on my 252. Installation went well but have not yet op checked on the water. I’m really happy with the low profile interceptors over trim tabs. Pics attached

Attachments

• 9C14CFC6-2BC0-44F9-8211-E4B563FD6483.jpeg
    9C14CFC6-2BC0-44F9-8211-E4B563FD6483.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 93
  • CCB6093B-AB47-4A9F-8220-6B65A324CB3D.jpeg
    CCB6093B-AB47-4A9F-8220-6B65A324CB3D.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 89
  • 6470A6C1-2F07-4BB4-85D1-57C5F52A01B9.jpeg
    6470A6C1-2F07-4BB4-85D1-57C5F52A01B9.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 80
  • 60852205-90DF-4E6B-B1B9-AECCA562C69B.jpeg
    60852205-90DF-4E6B-B1B9-AECCA562C69B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 82
I just finished installing Zipwake 300s on my 252. Installation went well but have not yet op checked on the water. I’m really happy with the low profile interceptors over trim tabs. Pics attached
those look super low intrusive.....whats even better it has built in pitch and roll meter that you can use to dial in your wake for surfing!

How accurate is the speedo? is it gps?

How hard was install.

those look super low intrusive.....whats even better it has built in pitch and roll meter that you can use to dial in your wake for surfing!

How accurate is the speedo? is it gps?

How hard was install.
Yeah, so much more than traditional trim tabs. There is plenty of room for a wake booster.
It’s not very complex but since you are cutting holes in your hull and helm, I was very methodical. Measure 2-3 time and drill once. Always checking clearances before going through the hull. It comes with quality templates to guide your cuts. You can find the instructions online.
It has a built in gps for speed and gyros for the pitch/roll. I’m not sure the accuracy since I haven’t done an on water op check.
Sailorsams.com has the best price I could find. About $300 cheaper than WM and free shipping.

This seems to be a nice low profile stability control system. The price is a bit high; but seems worth it.

The question here, would it’s effectiveness be affected by the hull bottom step?

Just jumping on this thread, I have a 2021 255xd, we live in HI and oceans get pretty rough, I been handling pretty good on rough days, sometimes even using back ballast to pitch my nose up, but I loose efficiency and burn a lot of gas. So looking into the option of adding trim tabs to it. I have the factory surf point tabs in the way. Any recommendations? Anyone has done it on the 255xd?
Mahalo community!

We had the lectrotabs on our 242x and loved the ride. I have not looked into the room on our new 255xd. The issue I'd the automated wakebooster. I'm thinking of these. 300S Dynamic Trim Control System | West Marine
Have you installed any kind yet? I’m curious, have a 255xd as well and wanting to do something so I can take my boat to jaws out on big swells!!! Any input will be appreciated!
mahalo

Back