• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best coolers for 212x... what's everyone using

Vionta

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just my two cents...

I just spent 10 days camping in temps ranging from 87 degrees to a low of 43. I had an Igloo max cold and an old Coleman metal 3 way convertible cooler for the trip, Both coolers were cooled with a bag of ice for a day before being loaded for the trip.

I had lined the Coleman with Refectix like this https://under-the-open-sky.com/best-small-coolers/ and used it as my food cooler. It had 4 blocks of ice and all the meat I put in it was frozen, It also held eggs,cold cuts,cheese etc. It was opened at the most twice a day and kept in the shade.

The Igloo held drinks and was opened quite a bit. It had a couple of blocks, pre-cooled drinks and cube ice to fill it. It was kept in the shade also.

The Coleman with Reflectix lining still had 2 blocks of ice that were about 1/4 of their original size. The last pack of foil wrapped bacon was still partially frozen and the last 2 eggs were cold. This is MUCH better than this cooler has done in the past.

After this little experiment every cooler I own is getting a Reflectix lining, It seemed to make a huge difference.

This is the video that gave me the idea. I did the same thing but mine wasn't as nicely done as his.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My thanks to all for their input. After reviewing a bunch of coolers I decided to go with the YETI Tundra 45 as I thought it best met my needs. I bought it directly from Yeti. Although not inexpensive the price was not all that bad with free shipping, my Military discount and also some yeti ice packs. [flag]
Where/how do you store the 45 on the boat? I like the idea @CAM212SS has, just thinking the 35 might be on the smaller side if trying to pack drinks & perishable food for 4+ folks.

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Where/how do you store the 45 on the boat? I like the idea @CAM212SS has, just thinking the 35 might be on the smaller side if trying to pack drinks & perishable food for 4+ folks.
For me It depends on the type of food i bring... i can take lots of sandwich meat and hot dogs to grill... i keep the breads out of the cooler. Chips as well are not in the cooler. Only meats, fruit and drinks. I have never had to have an extra cooler besides the 35.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For me It depends on the type of food i bring... i can take lots of sandwich meat and hot dogs to grill... i keep the breads out of the cooler. Chips as well are not in the cooler. Only meats, fruit and drinks. I have never had to have an extra cooler besides the 35.
For a full day out, how many ice bricks or equivalent pounds of ice do you pack?

Been looking around and measuring and it looks like the 35-40qt size rotomold is about the largest that will fit in the bow as you have shown in your initial pic.

We have an upcoming week in Longboat key planned and I want to make sure I am all set on the cooler front. Thanks.

WetWillie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looking at the Columbia Brewha soft cooler to be a possible option for ample storage when we don’t need a full size on the boat...
I ended up getting this and haven’t used another cooler on the boat since; we very rarely have a need for more room unless we have a full boat...

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was pleasantly surprised today for Fathers Day with a cooler for the boat. The below fits perfectly in the bow of the Sx210 when the forward seats are removed.
Can’t speak to its effectiveness yet, but will find out soon enough.

Attachments