• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Best day of a boaters life??

Congrats! Get a chance to put it in the lake yet? I'm waiting on the marina to install my new lift... even then, certainly need some better weather out there! Though the power-wash rain cleaned off my black cover nicely today ...

Nope, haven't had a chance yet :(

what kind of lift did you go with? Jealous of you being able to go right over there and not have to worry about trailering!!!

Jim, that 230 is a good looking boat too! If I hadn't sold mine, I would still have it instead of a 240. But I just couldn't bring myself to go backwards, buying a pre-owned 230 that wasn't in as good condition as mine was. So the logical choice was a newer and upgraded version.

I don't think the newer boats are an issue. But I think they may have had some transition issues. The gelcoat has happened on 230's as well as 240's so it is probably something to do with humidity or conditions when it was molded up. The bolts and cooler, a learning curve for sure. They should have stood behind all of that I fear. But I hear that they are now doing so on both counts. So maybe pricing is paying for that, or maybe they are just running them up...dunno. But they really have run them up the last few years at a rate of $2K per year! In 2008, the SX 230 was $36,799. In 2014, it is $48,499. $11.5ishK in 6 years on the base model 240! I am trying to ignore the cost and benefit from ownership and enjoyment...at least that is what I am telling myself. My wife isn't 100% into this, but in discussing paying $1450 for 3 more years of extended warranty, she sees the benefit. When I said we sold the last one with a year left, she said..."your not selling this one so soon if your going to get it". So maybe, she is more in tune than I thought!

Bottom line, Yamahas are great boats for the money, even at current rates. I am not too comfortable however at $50K plus for them...that is why I bought a 2 year old leftover. Still new, but I am not buying 100% of the depreciation.

Nope, haven't had a chance yet :(

what kind of lift did you go with? Jealous of you being able to go right over there and not have to worry about trailering!!!

Hydrohoist 6600 lb, 800 dock in the last covered slip on the north side. Looking forward to it! My boat is in the yard right now, waiting patiently... As for myself, I'm itching all over, badly!!! Looking forward to catching up with you this summer, hoping to be able to get out a lot more often (or hang out in the slip!) One of my favorite local bands "Nice Bangs" is playing on May 31st, better be all set by then!

Definitely jealous!!! Was crawling all over one of those at the marinas grand opening today!!!

I hope I'm out a lot more as well, not happy with the amount I got out last year :(

Got out there around 6pm - buddy has a new Sea Doo Spark (first one I've seen docked out there!) - apparently the festivities had ended by that time. Might try to get out there tomorrow to look around a bit after I finish summer-izing/hopelessly polishing our vehicles/removing months of Iowa winter crap from them.

Back