• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best Diesel Trucks

su laxplayer21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 2017's were not out yet when we bought our new trucks, they sure did a nice job on the interior, 100 times better than before.
Ya there was way too much hard plastic trim pieces including the entire dash board. I am glad they improved that by adding some leather. I still absolutely love the truck, and it is by far the best long distance traveling vehicle I have ever owned.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ya there was way too much hard plastic trim pieces including the entire dash board. I am glad they improved that by adding some leather. I still absolutely love the truck, and it is by far the best long distance traveling vehicle I have ever owned.
I absolutely loved my fully loaded 2012 F-250 Lariat Diesel as well, until I drove my Wife's new 2500 HD Duramax, then I wanted one - either way they are both great trucks!!

su laxplayer21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I absolutely loved my fully loaded 2012 F-250 Lariat Diesel as well, until I drove my Wife's new 2500 HD Duramax, then I wanted one - either way they are both great trucks!!
I'll be in the market soon, so I will be test driving all three!

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll be in the market soon, so I will be test driving all three!
Make sure and drive all of them for a decent distance out on the highway to really get a feel for all of them, also call local diesel repair shops and ask their opinion of what is the best truck out of the three.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I'll stick to my F-250's BEST truck EVER!!!!

@AZDANSX230HO Trader!!! Lol

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll stick to my F-250's BEST truck EVER!!!!

@AZDANSX230HO Trader!!! Lol
I know, I know, I have severe A.D.D. when it comes to vehicles in the last 5-6 years my Wife and I have owned the following:

Trucks:
2011 Toyota Tundra
2013 Toyota Tundra
2013 Toyota Tacoma
2012 F-250 Super Duty
2016 Chevrolet 2500 HD - White
2016 Chevrolet 2500 HD - Blue

Cars:
2008 Corvette Z06
2015 Nissan 370Z Sport Tech
2015 Mustang GT Premium
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07

SUV's:
2010 Nissan Xterra
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2014 Cadillac SRX
2016 Ford Explorer

Might be missing a couple that I cannot remember Lol.

Last edited:

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know, I know, I have severe A.D.D. when it comes to vehicles in the last 5-6 years my Wife and I have owned the following:

Trucks:
2011 Toyota Tundra
2013 Toyota Tundra
2013 Toyota Tacoma
2012 F-250 Super Duty

Cars:
2008 Corvette Z06
2015 Mustang GT Premium

SUV's:
2010 Nissan Xterra
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2014 Cadillac SRX
2016 Ford Explorer

Holy crap!!!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@AZDANSX230HO That list looks like the high end used car lot down the road, if you only had a beemer in there.:winkingthumbsup"

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@AZDANSX230HO That list looks like the high end used car lot down the road, if you only had a beemer in there.:winkingthumbsup"
Only one beemer in the past, bought an older one for our Daughters 1st car, was a piece of crap and got her a Camry instead.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Trucks:
2011 Toyota Tundra
2013 Toyota Tundra
2013 Toyota Tacoma
2012 F-250 Super Duty

Cars:
2008 Corvette Z06
2015 Mustang GT Premium

SUV's:
2010 Nissan Xterra
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2014 Cadillac SRX
2016 Ford Explorer

Did you say you were going to keep those new 2500s for 10+? Based on this fun list I'm calling BS haha​

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Did you say you were going to keep those new 2500s for 10+? Based on this fun list I'm calling BS haha​
We shall see, that's our plan - I am over fast cars and racing, these days I just enjoy a big truck with a diesel under the hood to tow all of our toys around :winkingthumbsup"

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
We shall see, that's our plan - I am over fast cars and racing, these days I just enjoy a big truck with a diesel under the hood to tow all of our toys around :winkingthumbsup"
Damn....ur getting old!!

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

su laxplayer21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am with ya... I used to race a CBR600RR in the CCS league and boy was that fun. I still have a fast car sitting in my garage doing nothing(supercharged E46 M3). In my older age I've come to realize that racing to win a trophy isn't worth losing your life for and driving fast cars on the street isn't worth going to jail for!

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am with ya... I used to race a CBR600RR in the CCS league and boy was that fun. I still have a fast car sitting in my garage doing nothing(supercharged E46 M3). In my older age I've come to realize that racing to win a trophy isn't worth losing your life for and driving fast cars on the street isn't worth going to jail for!
Yep, I quit riding motorcycles last year, raced dirt bikes in my younger years, and have ridden dirt and street for a long time. My favorite street bikes were Honda VFR 800's, but too many idiot drivers on the road, not worth the risk anymore. Loved my 2008 Corvette Z06, stock 0 to 60 3.4 seconds and a top speed of 198 Mph. Only time I could legally open her up was at 1/2 Mile Events, ran a best of 154 Mph in the 1/2. Besides that it sat in the garage more than I drove it, then the valve guide wear issue was the final straw to get rid of it. So diesel trucks, our boat, travel trailer, and side by side keeps us entertained.

su laxplayer21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep, I quit riding motorcycles last year, raced dirt bikes in my younger years, and have ridden dirt and street for a long time. My favorite street bikes were Honda VFR 800's, but too many idiot drivers on the road, not worth the risk anymore. Loved my 2008 Corvette Z06, stock 0 to 60 3.4 seconds and a top speed of 198 Mph. Only time I could legally open her up was at 1/2 Mile Events, ran a best of 154 Mph in the 1/2. Besides that it sat in the garage more than I drove it, then the valve guide wear issue was the final straw to get rid of it. So diesel trucks, our boat, travel trailer, and side by side keeps us entertained.
I still love dirt bikes. I had a KTM 350EXC-F with a license plate on it. Best bike I ever owned. Unfortunately by me, any time you are on a dirt trail you are either trespassing on state land, county land, or private land. That vette is serious business. I didn't think it would get that close to 200mph! That is a special club that is for sure. My M3 had a lasered speed of 168mph... that was insanely fast. It pushes 451rwhp, so it gets up and goes pretty easily.

LTM1964

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Make sure and drive all of them for a decent distance out on the highway to really get a feel for all of them, also call local diesel repair shops and ask their opinion of what is the best truck out of the three.
Did you call some independent shops before buying your current Chevy trucks? I would like to know what they had to say about Chevy vs. Ford.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you call some independent shops before buying your current Chevy trucks? I would like to know what they had to say about Chevy vs. Ford.
It was an afterthought, I called the independent shops after we bought our trucks, they majority of them said Chevy was hands down better than Ford's - they said they do the most repair work on Ford's & Dodge's, one shop said if they only worked on Duramax Diesels they would go out of business because they are that reliable. The previous Ford Diesels 6.0 & 6.4 were not that great, the new 6.7L seems to be doing well in the Diesel World. But the combination of a Duramax with the Allison Transmission is hard to beat.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I still love dirt bikes. I had a KTM 350EXC-F with a license plate on it. Best bike I ever owned. Unfortunately by me, any time you are on a dirt trail you are either trespassing on state land, county land, or private land. That vette is serious business. I didn't think it would get that close to 200mph! That is a special club that is for sure. My M3 had a lasered speed of 168mph... that was insanely fast. It pushes 451rwhp, so it gets up and goes pretty easily.
C6 Z06's are no joke, factory supercar that does not break the bank, I picked mine up used with 21,000 miles on it for 45K a few years back.

su laxplayer21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ahhh, the age old debate. I honestly don't think you can go wrong with any of them. The early Ford 6.0's had problems that could easily be sorted out for a real solid 400K mile motor once it is bullet proofed. It is also pre emission restriction except for the EGR (exhaust gas re-circulation valve), which you would want blocked off. I'd skip the 6.4 because it sucked down the fuel... however you can put a tuner on that thing and an exhaust for $1500 and run sub 14 second 1/4 miles on a stock tranny pushing 500hp 1000ft/lbs of torque. The 6.7 has proven itself as reliable engine combined with an excellent 6R140 tranny. The Allison tranny set the bar for sure, but the 6R140 stepped it up a notch. We can go on for days comparing them, drive them all and see which one you love.

C6 Z06's are no joke, factory supercar that does not break the bank, I picked mine up used with 21,000 miles on it for 45K a few years back.
I keep saying I have to sell my car. So I wash it up and take it for a quick spin and fall right back in love with it. But, seriously... it has got to go!