• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best Diesel Trucks

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glass houses brutha! :p

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have never been a Dodge Fan, the only good thing in a Dodge Truck is the Cummins - way too many bad experiences in the past with Mopar, only Chevy & Ford these days.
Funny how Ram and Chevy both outsource their drive trains (Izuzu/Allison, Cummins/Aisin) and both are the most reliable due to it. But overall I promise you there is very little difference in reliability between the brands once you pass the drive train issues. If you're thinking differently, is generally just brand preference and there nothing wrong with that.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Funny how Ram and Chevy both outsource their drive trains (Izuzu/Allison, Cummins/Aisin) and both are the most reliable due to it. But overall I promise you there is very little difference in reliability between the brands once you pass the drive train issues. If you're thinking differently, is generally just brand preference and there nothing wrong with that.
I agree, just have a bad taste in my mouth from past Chrysler, Plymouth, Dodge vehicles we owned, this was back in the 90's and they were all poorly built and junk. When it comes down to it if you properly maintain vehicles they should last awhile, especially diesels.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Up until the 6.7 ford outsourced theirs as well.. the 6.0 was designed and built in erouope and the 6.4 was international harvester... (navstar).. however i do hear good things about the 6.7

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Up until the 6.7 ford outsourced theirs as well.. the 6.0 was designed and built in erouope and the 6.4 was international harvester... (navstar).. however i do hear good things about the 6.7
Oh yeah, I actually forgot about that! And the one diesel I liked of Fords in the past was also IH/Navstar, the 7.3.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Funny reading this thread from the past and here come 2018 F-150's with V-6 Diesels.
And here the light duty F-150 Diesels come:

Perhaps the biggest news for the updated F-150 is found in the engine bay, as the light-duty pickup is offering a diesel engine for the first time. All we know so far is that it’s a turbo-diesel 3.0-liter V-6, since Ford isn’t releasing any further specifications.....
http://www.caranddriver.com/flipbook/pickups-progress-heres-whats-new-on-the-2018-ford-f-150#8