• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best way to clean hull

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Dilute a little wood bleach into a plant sprayer. Spray on, what about 5 minutes, then get a sponge and do your best Karate Kid Wax off. It'll wipe right off.

Then when you're done, play Karate Kid again and play Wax on with any good marine wax of your choice.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Rodder77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I totally agree..best so far..watch the videos. Also on Amazon, this stuff works wonders just mix it in a bucket of water, wipe it on with a sponge (the stains lierally disapear) and spray it off with the hose!!!
1656693253594.png

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I totally agree..best so far..watch the videos.
Unfortunately you need an acid to to get off the orange rust stains in gelcoat. Im sure this gets off the dirty grime really good though. It says right on it that it does not take off rust stains which is what the orange that is so common on boat bottoms….atleast around here anyway.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I bought a gallon of boat magic concentrate at a junk-salvage store for like five dollars years ago…couple glugs mixed into a gallon size garden sprayer was enough to clean my boat every year.

Never had problems with the trailer. Not sure if it was because of the magic or that with garden sprayer I never had the cleaner dripping off the hull.

I’d buy it again at full price

jokirkev

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would love to say the oxalic acid worked for me. It cleaned my concrete but didn't do much for my boat. I've painted it on and pressure washed a couple of times.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would love to say the oxalic acid worked for me. It cleaned my concrete but didn't do much for my boat. I've painted it on and pressure washed a couple of times.
A soft brush when rinsing off was more effective for me, depending on the growth. Or a pressure washer rotating brush.

No real pressure or scrubbing needed, just enough to agitate the acid and it has never failed. Good luck.

jokirkev

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A soft brush when rinsing off was more effective for me, depending on the growth. Or a pressure washer rotating brush.

No real pressure or scrubbing needed, just enough to agitate the acid and it has never failed. Good luck.
I will give it a shot. I used a Mr Clean magic eraser mop.

tpspeier

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We had our boat professionally detailed a few months ago and they used wheel acid (I don't know the brand). They used a spray dispenser (similar to what's used for weed or insect spray) and the discoloration literally fell off as the acid hit it. It was amazing.

wildtwins

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Adding to this... how do you all clean the hull where it rests on the bunks?

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Adding to this... how do you all clean the hull where it rests on the bunks?
We don’t. From looking at my boat from underneath in the Bahamas crystal clear water there were no dirty lines where it sits on the bunks.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We had our boat professionally detailed a few months ago and they used wheel acid (I don't know the brand). They used a spray dispenser (similar to what's used for weed or insect spray) and the discoloration literally fell off as the acid hit it. It was amazing.
I’ve used watered down muriatic acid and auto wash soap, it works great. Mix it in a bucket & use a wash brush to spread it on, let it sit, maybe a little scrub and it cleans right up.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Best way? Take it to a marina and let them do it!