• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

That is a nice upgrade!

Are the new condos and the bar by the infinity pool completed?

I don't think they are finished completely.
The new brick pavers run from the little pool to the west in between the north side condos and the marina.
That's allot of bricks !!

After further review.

Correction: they don't run ALL the way West....
Must have been the Kalik.
.... Again

Last edited:
We can't make this trip but we will go next year! A trip like this is something we have never done in a boat so I will be paying close attention to all the plans and the trip to be better prepared next year. I know this has to be a great trip!

We can't make this trip but we will go next year! A trip like this is something we have never done in a boat so I will be paying close attention to all the plans and the trip to be better prepared next year. I know this has to be a great trip!
I'm in the same boat (pun intended)!
Next year! But it would be greatly appreciated if it was after the 4th! I will give each and every one of you fireworks if that's what it takes!!! What you do with it and where you go with it is up to you! Just make it after the 4th!

Made the trip over and back. Solo. 2:20 on the way over. 4 to 6 ft seas with occasional 8 or 9 ft with 12 second period. Not to bad at all. Waves were spaced apart...

3:10 on the return trip.
On the way back 4 to 6 ft with 6 sec period was FORECAST.... They were actually more like 6 to 8 ish with some even bigger out in the stream. 6 sec period. SPORTY for sure. Waves were quartering at me which is why it worked out. Like climbing and descending waves the whole way. It flattened out considerably 12 miles out of Port Everglades. I was able to pick up speed to 30 mph from the 17 or so that i was doing.

NOT HAPPY WITH THE DOCK MASTER. That told my wife that we would have to stay at The Sands for a week until the waves got better. And then told her it probably would take 12 HOURS TO CROSS if we left when we did. What a D bag. She was already worried to the point of being sick. Mind you she let's emotions get the best of her...OFTEN.

@tim h , I forgot you moved to Florida and can make the bimini run whenever you feel like it. I'm super jealous!

It's not too bad of a trip for an extended weekend. We had Friday off.
I'm thinking about going over again Memorial weekend and take Friday off again. That will give us a 4 day weekend.
We didn't land any Wahoo but had one on for a little while. Toothy critters. He cut about 1/3 of the skirt off of the lure.
We mostly fished this time. Next trip (if it's within 90 days) i won't have to pay the $150 for customs. You get 2 visits each time you pay.

My wife will be very nervous during the crossing. I understand that in the summer the water is pretty smooth and the weather is good. Isn't that why everyone tried this in June and July? Anyway, that is why I am learning so I am better prepared to go. I think it will be a great trip/adventure.

My wife will be very nervous during the crossing. I understand that in the summer the water is pretty smooth and the weather is good. Isn't that why everyone tried this in June and July? Anyway, that is why I am learning so I am better prepared to go. I think it will be a great trip/adventure.

I just posted a couple of unedited videos that show what the water was like on the trip home at https://jetboaters.net/threads/bimi...tion-collection-thread.2723/page-4#post-79271. Personally I was really happy with the water for the 2014 trip. The summer months traditionally have smaller waves than the rest of the year. We had 1' to 2' crossing from Fort Lauderdale to Bimini and 1' for the return. If the water is too rough I would wait for better conditions to cross. If the forecast shows that the water conditions will not improve during our trip then the keys are a nice consolation prize. Bimini Sands will refund up to close to the time of arrival and will credit toward future stay even on the day of arrival.

That is what I was thinking as well. 30 MPH is pretty good pace and between 28 and 32 is where we get the best gas mileage. Do you need extra gas for the trip?

My crew just booked the trip. We are on!!!

Despite having difficulty filling up the boat, we have decided to go ahead and book it. There will be 2 on our boat for now and maybe more to come, but I will not miss out on Bimini 2015!!! We'll see if we end up with more or not... @upperdeck if you need me to haul a few of your crew across, I may have space.

Just an update for the first page of the thread: There will be 4 adults and 2 kids. We already lost the babysitter for the two week trip so the the little urchins will be coming with us. One will be 3 1/2 and the other is 2. Now it will be an adventure.

booking tomorrow!

***edit*** hold up, saw dates, have to sit down and plan things, 4th weekend is a huge weekend for us and other family. I'll know soon

Greg, were you able to work out the dates? Some of us are going to Fort Lauderdale early for the fireworks then we plan to see the Bahama's Independence fireworks in Bimini.

Great videos!!! Truly enjoyed them. Where can I find 1 and 2? I just finished watching ten75k's videos on YouTube. I assume he was with you guys and his are of a different series. Man I am so hoping this happens for us this year. Planning a way as if it will! Keeping fingers crossed. :)

Chris, are you guys in?

I went through the posts since page 10 and added members who said they were in to the list in the first post. If you are not in the list and you plan to go please let @upperdeck or I know.

@Bruce , myself and Dieselcamel are traveling together. We're listed separately in the first post. 4 adults total.

Back