• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

Count me in for either June or July. I can only stay 5 days in Bimini. I've been watching YouTube videos and reading about the 2014 Bimini trip and it looks like an awful lot of fun! More than likely I will be traveling solo so I will look into booking a regular hotel room, not a condo. I'm interested in SCUBA diving while there .

I'd be more than happy to convoy down with the guys coming from Wisconsin or Indiana or just meet up somewhere.

Great, glad to have you.

The dates are July 6th to 11th. It is an amazing amount of fun. It was the most relaxing vacation that I have ever taken.

Big Game Club has hotel rooms but their marinas are more expensive and a long way up a no wake channel. So most of us feel that Bimini Sands is a better option. I suggest finding some friends to help fill a condo.

Last edited:
I just checked the Big Game Resort, they have single rooms available during the time frame for $209 a night plus I will need to add dock fees. This trip is looking pretty doable!

I just checked the Big Game Resort, they have single rooms available during the time frame for $209 a night plus I will need to add dock fees. This trip is looking pretty doable!

@$209 plus slip Bimini Sands will be less expensive.

Our discounted pricing is attached to the first post.

Have you seen the Preparing For Bimini thread?

I googled Bimini Sands Resort and can't find the price per room or condo. All I find is trip advisor ads and a link to the Bahamas visitors website....? If it's less than $209 then great

I googled Bimini Sands Resort and can't find the price per room or condo. All I find is trip advisor ads and a link to the Bahamas visitors website....? If it's less than $209 then great

Bimini Sands has gone through some management changes so their website is down. We negotiated a 15% discount for our group. Reservation info and pricing is in the first post of this thread. The pricing is approximately $212 for a one bed Marina view condo and $221 for ocean view. We get a discounted rate on slips as well which will make Bimini Sands less expensive. Everyone stayed at Bimini Sands last year and I expect it will be the same this year.

Here is a link to the pricing https://jetboaters.net/attachments/bimini-sands-condo-marina-discounted-rates-doc.16190/

Thank you, Bruce. One quick question, I didn't see any information about the marina having fresh water at the docks? I'd like to be able to flush my engines at the end of each day.

Last edited:
Thank you, Bruce. One quick question, I didn't see any information about the marina having fresh water at the docks? I'd like to be able to flush my engines at the end of each day.

The Bimini Sands marina has water and power. The docks are floating so you do not need to worry about tides. It is the best Marina in Bimini. There are pictures of the Marina in the Preparing for Binimi thread that I linked to above.

@DiverB there is a decent place on North Bimini that might fit your needs as long as you don't mind 60's decor. The Sea Crest, http://www.seacrestbimini.com/index.html has rooms that start at $120 per night and slips at $40. The location is convienent, fuel is right next door, liquor store across the street, a restuarant next to liquor store, a bar just down the street, and only a short no-wake boat ride up the channel.

You mention about a desire to flush your engine with fresh water each night. So far after 3 group trips over there no one has flushed their engines while there and to my knowledge there hasn't been an issue with anyone's engines but it is your prerogative to do whatever you feel is best for your boat. Once back in Fort Lauderdale most people flush their engines after loading the boat on the trailer, the ramp has public water and hose to flush before you get on the road.

Man, I really wish I could make this trip. :arghh:

This new home is taking up all my time and $........

I hear ya man! We are looking for next year and already my wife is always asking me how we are going to afford it! I want to build this garage, put on a tower, and go to bimini all in 2016!

We are taking a chunk of money from our tax return and putting it in a Christmas savings account that pulls money every month automatically until November first. It earns a bit of interest but really it's just so it gets put aside.

I really hope gas stays as low as it is right now because at $3 a gallon we will be spending a grand just to get to Florida and back!

I told my wife we're gonna fish for our meals every day! Lol she would love the fishing part, maybe not my cooking!

I wonder if Scarab would sponsor you to show all of us Yamaha owners that a Scarab can handle the trip?

If not, how about bringing friends who would share in the cost?

@DiverB there is a decent place on North Bimini that might fit your needs as long as you don't mind 60's decor. The Sea Crest, http://www.seacrestbimini.com/index.html has rooms that start at $120 per night and slips at $40. The location is convienent, fuel is right next door, liquor store across the street, a restuarant next to liquor store, a bar just down the street, and only a short no-wake boat ride up the channel.

You mention about a desire to flush your engine with fresh water each night. So far after 3 group trips over there no one has flushed their engines while there and to my knowledge there hasn't been an issue with anyone's engines but it is your prerogative to do whatever you feel is best for your boat. Once back in Fort Lauderdale most people flush their engines after loading the boat on the trailer, the ramp has public water and hose to flush before you get on the road.

Andy,
Wow great find, thank you! I could care less about the 60's decor, lol. I just need a clean room and shower to sleep at night. I most likely will break from the group a few days to hit as many dive sites as possible. I ran my Yamaha wave runners in salt water hundreds of times and always flushed at the end of the day with Salt-away and never had any problems either. If I can flush while there great, if not no biggie. This trip really looks like fun

Andy,
Wow great find, thank you! I could care less about the 60's decor, lol. I just need a clean room and shower to sleep at night. I most likely will break from the group a few days to hit as many dive sites as possible. I ran my Yamaha wave runners in salt water hundreds of times and always flushed at the end of the day with Salt-away and never had any problems either. If I can flush while there great, if not no biggie. This trip really looks like fun
On our first group trip (2011) we all stayed on North Bimini and I think you will enjoy that island. Bimini Sands is a nice resort but North Bimini has a better atmosphere.

There is a good bit of us on this trip that will be diving and you are welcome to join in or go off on your own, your choice.

When we arrive you can go through customs with us at Bimini Sands and then go up to Sea Crest to check in or you can go through customs on North Bimini if you want. In 2013 the Customs office was in Big Game complex and the Immigration office was at the police station which is about a block north of the Big Game club, both location are a short walk north from the Sea Crest.

The trip is fantastic and you will have an amazing time.

If there will be other folks diving then great! If anyone wants to learn to dive and they complete the confined water training back at home, I can complete their open water portion while we're there ( im an instructor with 18yrs dive experience). If anyone is interested how this would work, PM me or just post your question and I will explain how the PADI referral program works.

Hopefully I can find someone who wants to come along and that will make for a more enjoyable trip. I hope diesel fuel prices stay low like they are now, I'm going to buring some on the way down and back!

Last edited:
@DiverB, we make the crossings as a group but once we arrive in Bimini most activities are conducted in small groups and are organized by marine radio or around the infinity pool the night before.

I am sure that you will find others to dive with. Diving was one of the most popular activities last year. If I was not bringing my 5 and 7 year olds I would join you for diving.

@andy07sx230ho I wish it was that easy, but you never know!
@Speedling No kidding man. We purchased this house because it was the most move in ready... yea right 40K later. I need to work on the backyard, it looks like a jungle right now. Im also trying to get a pole barn built for my boat, and a shed. And next week, a new kitchen is being installed.
@Bruce You know, that's not a bad idea. Maybe I can ask? Maybe even MarineMax.

For anyone interested or having to also deal with a painted trailer, Banyan Bay Marine Center said they would be open to launch a boat on Sunday, July 5th. Every other marina called so far was not interested or closed on Sundays. The cost to launch is $144. From the look on a map and Google Earth, it is not too far up the same canal as Harbour Towne.

Great find @Justin G. Does the $144 include recovery when you return?

They told me it is $144 for the launch and $144 for the recovery. I received a response from the Boat House Marina today, but they are more expensive. They would be able to lift in/out on Sundays, but they charge $10 per foot for each lift. So far the most economical is Banyan Bay but I am trying others as well. I will update the post when I find out more information.

Back