• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

Did anyone ever find that damn airplane!? lol
No, but I did find better coordinates, we were about a mile south when we went looking. I will try again this year, this seems to be my quest.

No, but I did find better coordinates, we were about a mile south when we went looking. I will try again this year, this send to be my quest.

Make sure you bring some food with you since I wont be there :)

Best of luck!

A little memento from that excursion:

IMG_1637.JPG

Hey Rob, I'm originally from Maryland. Grew up in Dundalk, worked in Owings Mills..lived in Edgewood. Boated, in Cheasapeake..Hart Miller Island...St. Micheals!

IMG_2182[1].jpg I
I meant to ask this earlier where does everyone park their vehicles and trailers? Also my wife decided to buy a new lake house up at Lake Murray so my new boat fund was depleted and I was told to wait till next year for that. We decided not to take the old boat so we are going to take our jet skis across. We should have 3 total jet skis and one boat in our group as long as everyone comes that says they are but we all know how that works. Last night my wife made the comment asking if I was going to be mad if she chickened out once we got down there and decided she only wanted to ride across with me. So I have another strange question is there anyone who may have someone adventerous enough in there group if she decides to chicken out to ride my second ski across as I want both over there as I dont want to ride two up the whole week over there? It would have to be someone mature and that intends to ride across on one of the boats because if she is good they would end rideless this would only be to ride across and return and only if she tries to bail once in Ft Lauderdale as I know she will use the ski the whole time over there. The jet skis are both 2013's and one has 18 hours the other 35 hours so there should be no mechanicle issues and yes I'm paying for the fuel.

@robert843, everyone parked their trucks and trailers at Harbor Town Marina which has 24 hour security last year.

@justason's son Alec has been wanting to ride a ski over.

@robert843, everyone parked their trucks and trailers at Harbor Town Marina which has 24 hour security last year.

Maybe this will be the offer that convinces @justason to join this years trip.

@robert843 nice house, hope to see you out on the lake. Since 2011 the parking at Harbour Towne has been $8 per day which you pay the security guard before we leave and you must pay in cash.

Going on a internet buying spree this morning getting the remaining items for the boat. My question is how long of anchor rope is anyone using in Bimini? I only have a 100' rope for the lakes and rivers we usually boat in. Looking at a 200' or 250' but not sure. Any advice would be appreciated.

Going on a internet buying spree this morning getting the remaining items for the boat. My question is how long of anchor rope is anyone using in Bimini? I only have a 100' rope for the lakes and rivers we usually boat in. Looking at a 200' or 250' but not sure. Any advice would be appreciated.
What you have is sufficient. When you anchor in Bimini the water is typically less than 20' deep.

Be sure to start your rope lead with a good 3-4ft of heavy chain ...instrumental on keeping the anchor on the bottom and not dragging or lifting it

@Bruce @andy07sx230ho Ok its working. The family will and be together sunday for easter dinner. I'll table the conversation and see where it goes

@robert843 my son has wanted to trailer the waverunner for bimini past 2 years. He is a very accomplished pilot on both the waverunner and boat. He does about 90% of the driving always and is mature/well spoken. Heck if he hears about this he may just ditch us!!

Thanks for the encouragement all!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 8
@Justin G., I took two 100' anchor ropes last year. One for bow and one for the stern. I only used two anchors once and never anchored in more than 20' of water.

I plan to try fishing some 60' to 100' deep reefs this year. I may combine the ropes to do so.

One last question when I booked Bimini Sands last week they asked if I wanted to be closer to the pool or the office and fuel dock. I left it up to the lady booking and she put me closer to the restaurant, fuel dock and office. Is that where I want to be or would it be better to be closer to the pool?

One last question when I booked Bimini Sands last week they asked if I wanted to be closer to the pool or the office and fuel dock. I left it up to the lady booking and she put me closer to the restaurant, fuel dock and office. Is that where I want to be or would it be better to be closer to the pool?

Pool!! The office fuel dock area is nomiinal. The pool is an infinity pool at the ocean with tiki bar. Better hangout

Pool!! The office fuel dock area is nomiinal. The pool is an infinity pool at the ocean with tiki bar. Better hangout

Thanks I will call her back Monday and get her to change it.

No, but I did find better coordinates, we were about a mile south when we went looking. I will try again this year, this seems to be my quest.

@andy07sx230ho@RobA Someone did find the plane last year video is below. I'm not sure who this is but you guys that were on the trip last year may know.

@andy07sx230ho Someone did find the plane last year video is below. I'm not sure who this is but you guys that were on the trip last year may know.

@robert843 that is not the plane I have had trouble finding. The plane in the video is very easy to find, it is north of the Sapona about 500' off southeast corner of South Bimini and I have good GPS coordinates for its location. The plane I have been struggling to find is about 5 to 10 mile off the northeast corner of North Bimini. I have seen videos of the plane in my quest but the video was not taken from anyone in our group.

@robert843 that is not the plane I have had trouble finding. The plane in the video is very easy to find, it is north of the Sapona about 500' off southeast corner of South Bimini and I have good GPS coordinates for its location. The plane I have been struggling to find is about 5 to 10 mile off the northeast corner of North Bimini. I have seen videos of the plane in my quest but the video was not taken from anyone in our group.

That is not the plane you are looking for
image.jpg

Back