• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Bimini 2015 - July 6th to 11th

Hey Rob, I'm originally from Maryland. Grew up in Dundalk, worked in Owings Mills..lived in Edgewood. Boated, in Cheasapeake..Hart Miller Island...St. Micheals!

Hey old neighbor! It's a shame you're not around anymore. Jealous of your new location.

Well I'm hooked. After running across the Kevin&Corrie videos on YouTube, I've spent a lot of my free time trying to find more information about the trip from Miami to Bimini. I will have to say this thread is by far the most detailed information I've been able to locate. Thank you all for posting this info and sharing your experiences. I definitely want to take the trip but personally want to do it via a ski. At the same time, I would like to share the experience with my wife and daughter (3 1/2 years old) so I have some logistical challenges to figure out.

Are most of the sites that are frequently visited (Sapona, etc.) within view of the island or not? I ask because I would like to hop around the island with my wife and daughter on a ski(s), but I'm not sure I care to get that far from shore with the little one on just a ski.

Thank you in advance for your input and hopefully I can put something together to join the group.

Are most of the sites that are frequently visited (Sapona, etc.) within view of the island or not

Welcome Aboard! Have a look at the Preparing For Bimini Thread, it has a link to a map of dive sites and info on alternate methods of getting there. The Sapona, one of the planes, three sisters, rainbow reef and road to Atlantis are near the main Bimini Islands. I am sure that there others as well.

Welcome Aboard! Have a look at the Preparing For Bimini Thread, it has a link to a map of dive sites and info on alternate methods of getting there. The Sapona, one of the planes, three sisters, rainbow reef and road to Atlantis are near the main Bimini Islands. I am sure that there others as well.

I did and it contained a lot of great info, but I was just curious to know whether the island could be seen based what you all experienced.

Would anybody be interested in allowing my wife and daughter (again 3 1/2 years old) ride over and back for a fee?

Another possible option, would anybody be willing to captain a ski of mine to Bimini then back to FL and also allow my wife and daughter ride on your boat there and back?

@andy07sx230ho we might even have a new one to find unless it was salvaged the happened four months ago abot 5 miles off bimini the cordinates from are on the video from the coast guard footage.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/12/22/pilot-rescued-after-plane-crash-off-of-bimini/
I (we) will definitely have to look for that plane too, here are the gps coordinates 25°41'49.0"N 79°10'06.0"W which I will add to my list of snorkel/dive sites. Based on all the wrecks in and around Bimini I doubt the plane has been removed unless the owner of the plane wanted it back. Where that plane is located the water is no more than 10' deep so it will be a good snorkel site.

Would anybody be interested in allowing my wife and daughter (again 3 1/2 years old) ride over and back for a fee?

Another possible option, would anybody be willing to captain a ski of mine to Bimini then back to FL and also allow my wife and daughter ride on your boat there and back?
@Ramblin Wreck Welcome Aboard!
You are the second person trying to bring the family and a PWC, @robert843 is doing the same thing. I was talking with my wife yesterday about trying to help get @robert843 PWC to Bimini. I will have at least 4 in my boat and possible 5 so I won't be able to transport anyone else in my boat. However my wife is interested in driving our boat (or my buddy that is going with us will drive) and I would drive the PWC, I just have to coordinate with my buddy to make sure. In the next day or so I will let you and @robert843 know if I will be able to help out.

Another possibility is to send them over on the ferry, then just link up in Bimini...

Flying over is less expensive and better timed than the ferry.

I did and it contained a lot of great info, but I was just curious to know whether the island could be seen based what you all experienced.

You can see land from any of the places I mentioned.

Ok, we are going!..is there a different thread I need to post in?

Well, it looks like my best and probably only option is to find someone willing/able to take on a paying passenger. My biggest issue with taking a ferry or flying my wife and daughter over is that I want them to experience the crossing too. Well that and to be able to GoPro the journey ;).

Thanks for the advice and info gentlemen.

Ok, we are going!..is there a different thread I need to post in?
Glad to hear you are joining us! It looks like you have already been added to the first page do you are good, nothing else to do but get ready.

Well, it looks like my best and probably only option is to find someone willing/able to take on a paying passenger. My biggest issue with taking a ferry or flying my wife and daughter over is that I want them to experience the crossing too. Well that and to be able to GoPro the journey ;).

Thanks for the advice and info gentlemen.
My offer is out there to drive your pwc over and back with your family in your boat. It will be tough to find someone to take your wife and child on their boat, my boat going are full to split the cost but you nevet know.

My offer is out there to drive your pwc over and back with your family in your boat. It will be tough to find someone to take your wife and child on their boat, my boat going are full to split the cost but you nevet know.

I appreciate the offer, but we would just be bringing one ski. I seriously considered going and buying another ski if someone would drive it over & back while then allowing the wife and kid to ride in their boat. However, we really don't have a true need for a 2nd ski long term so it isn't a formidable option rather just an excuse for another toy.

It's probably a long shot finding an open space, but I just thought I would throw it out there to see. To be honest, I'm just hooked after watching the YouTube videos and reading all the threads pertaining to the journey. You all make it sound like a blast, yet with the raw number of boats make it about as safe as possible especially for families. If it were just me and the guys we would just take some skies, but I can't seem to get anyone in my network to commit. Just a bunch of "yeah man let's do it" but you know how that goes.

Glad to hear you are joining us! It looks like you have already been added to the first page do you are good, nothing else to do but get ready.

@ArmyChief broke the news on Facebook yesterday so I added him to the first post.

Well the pair on Uniden Hand Held VHF's that Bruce mentioned in his https://jetboaters.net/threads/preparing-for-bimini.3800/ are gone. I did find a 6 pack some nice Standard Horizons on ebay for about $115 each. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Standard-Ho...922?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf6980612.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Standard-Ho...922?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf6980612
I will continue to search, but this seems like a great price for a full featured VHF. I would want two, so if a few others want to jump in, I would be willing to purchase. If someone else has a different WATERPROOF, FLOATING option..please advise

I (we) will definitely have to look for that plane too, here are the gps coordinates 25°41'49.0"N 79°10'06.0"W which I will add to my list of snorkel/dive sites. Based on all the wrecks in and around Bimini I doubt the plane has been removed unless the owner of the plane wanted it back. Where that plane is located the water is no more than 10' deep so it will be a good snorkel site.

@Ramblin Wreck Welcome Aboard!
You are the second person trying to bring the family and a PWC, @robert843 is doing the same thing. I was talking with my wife yesterday about trying to help get @robert843 PWC to Bimini. I will have at least 4 in my boat and possible 5 so I won't be able to transport anyone else in my boat. However my wife is interested in driving our boat (or my buddy that is going with us will drive) and I would drive the PWC, I just have to coordinate with my buddy to make sure. In the next day or so I will let you and @robert843 know if I will be able to help out.
@andy07sx230ho if you want to drive one of mine across we can work that out. I will send u a pm shortly.

Back