• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2015 picture/video thread

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
These videos were originally posted in the main Bimini 2015 thread. Since there is a specific thread created for Bimini 2015 pics and videos, I thought that I'd copy the links over into this thread.
July 5th Launch at Harbor Towne Marina and head to Bahia Mar Marina

July 6th, 2015. Crossing from Ft. Lauderdale to Bimini Bahamas in a 2015 Yamaha AR240

On July 7th, we gathered with the jetboaters at Honeymoon Harbor for a "beach bash". Neat place. Lots of friendly stingrays. We all set up food and drinks on the back of our boats and enjoyed each other's company. On the way back to the resort, we stopped at a plane crash site and snorkeled around a bit. It was a little eerie. Took a short spin to the north island of Bimini before getting in as the mosquitos prepared for their evening meal.

July 8th. Snorkeled a small plane wreck and went to Three Sisters for some lunch, snorkeling, and fishing. The fish like beef jerky!

July 9th. Snorkeling, fishing, and exploring the SS Sapona in Bimini, Bahamas

July 10th. We went looking for a sunken U-boat near Cat Cay but didn't find it. We checked out the Cat Cay marina and saw some pretty nice boats. Grilled some ballpark franks on the back of the boat at Honeymoon Harbor and finished the day off at the infinity pool at Bimini Sands Resort.

July 11th Returning to Ft. Lauderdale

Ives, awesome videos!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@kthrash here is the raw footage from the first attempt. Sorry its so long I actually forgot it was recording as I usually only record in 30 second bursts for editing purposes. At about the 7 minute mark is when I realize the group behind me has stopped and I turn around. When I arrive you can see the last people are being pulled from the water on to a boat on the left. If you look closely as I'm pulling up you will see various items floating in the water. I ended the video as the Coast Guard and Sea Tow showed up as I was going to start recording then but looked down and realized the camera was on. Best viewed if you adjust the youtube settings to 720p or 1080p.

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
@kthrash here is the raw footage from the first attempt. Sorry its so long I actually forgot it was recording as I usually only record in 30 second bursts for editing purposes. At about the 7 minute mark is when I realize the group behind me has stopped and I turn around. When I arrive you can see the last people are being pulled from the water on to a boat on the left. If you look closely as I'm pulling up you will see various items floating in the water. I ended the video as the Coast Guard and Sea Tow showed up as I was going to start recording then but looked down and realized the camera was on. Best viewed if you adjust the youtube settings to 720p or 1080p.

It really shows the surf conditions when we 1st headed out.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here's our part 2. It covers the time spent in Bimini. The quality of the videos should be a lot better, but for some reason I'm losing quality after uploading to YouTube. Many of the clips/pics are darker and pixelated. Oh well, hope you enjoy...

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's our part 2. It covers the time spent in Bimini. The quality of the videos should be a lot better, but for some reason I'm losing quality after uploading to YouTube. Many of the clips/pics are darker and pixelated. Oh well, hope you enjoy...

Fantastic video! Thanks for sharing. You have a beautiful family.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Fantastic video! Thanks for sharing. You have a beautiful family.
Thank you. I thought I had both @chris24 and you spinning out near the entrance of Bimini Sands but I just missed you both. My head was turned watching but the go pro was on my chest and it just missed.

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC

WOW! Jeremiah most awesome video! You guys did a professional job and Brittany took some awesome pictures and videos! I am going to post this one on my facebook page. THANKS BIG!

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
WOW! Jeremiah most awesome video! You guys did a professional job and Brittany took some awesome pictures and videos! I am going to post this one on my facebook page. THANKS BIG!
I can't tell you how many times I laughed watching you run across the Sapona. One of my favorite clips had to be the flags on @ArmyChief boat. Brittany laid the go pro down and forgot to turn it off, so we just got lucky to catch them with the sun in the background. I thought you would enjoy the jet ski clip passing each other.

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
I can't tell you how many times I laughed watching you run across the Sapona. One of my favorite clips had to be the flags on @ArmyChief boat. Brittany laid the go pro down and forgot to turn it off, so we just got lucky to catch them with the sun in the background. I thought you would enjoy the jet ski clip passing each other.
The overwhelming scenery took over and I took off running without realizing all those holes in the concrete with rebar spears where there, what a blast! Been out at NC coast all week end. Not Bimini but closer to the house and cheaper gas too! ;-) photo 5 (6)-1.jpg

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Very nice @JROD. I pulled an @1948Isaac and sold my ski. It was bitter sweet for sure. After watching Bimini clips yesterday, I want to get another one now. The open space in the garage isn't as nice as I thought it would be. What's the best ski? I do like the FX series as the storage is big and comes with a lot of options.

Last edited:

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome job on the videos @Ramblin Wreck !
You sold the ski ???
Now what ???
Well, after dropping the ski off with the buyer and listening to Josie melt down for the entire ride home, I'm going to get a new one. Its funny that you ask because when she finally stopped crying after I told her we would get a new one, she said she wanted a big boat. She then went on to tell us she wanted one with a door and stairs. It took me a while to catch on, but she was referring to your boat. She was most impressed with your stairs and door I guess....lol

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
Very nice @JROD. I pulled an @1948Isaac and sold my ski. It was bitter sweet for sure. After watching Bimini clips yesterday, I want to get another one now. The open space in the garage isn't as nice as I thought it would be. What's the best ski? I do like the FX series as the storage is big and comes with a lot of options.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm not sure if you saw this picture or not from previous posts while in Bimini, but this would be good Facebook picture!jrod.jpg

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
FX Cruiser SHO or brand new model FX Cruiser SVHO are top of the line and fully loaded. If you like Kawasaki, they have a top dog, 310 horse power 70MPH beast, the Ultra 310LX which also has the 1st jet ski "JETSOUND™ audio system". I am doing a test ride and may follow Ur lead and sell my old ones. ;-) Then again Josie may be influincing me too with that big boat with a door and stairs idea, not to mention that my girlfriend said something about that too! ;-)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
FX Cruiser SHO or brand new model FX Cruiser SVHO are top of the line and fully loaded. If you like Kawasaki, they have a top dog, 310 horse power 70MPH beast, the Ultra 310LX which also has the 1st jet ski "JETSOUND™ audio system". I am doing a test ride and may follow Ur lead and sell my old ones. ;-) Then again Josie may be influincing me too with that big boat with a door and stairs idea, not to mention that my girlfriend said something about that too! ;-)
@Ramblin Wreck you will like the Kawasaki's storage, hull and fuel capacity but you will like the features on the Yamaha better. There are some steals to be had out there on the Kawasaki I saw a brand new left over 310r 2013 at a boat show back in March for $9999 which is a solid price. The Yamaha is a little more pricey.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good stuff gentlemen. It's a tough decision because I like features of all 3 (Yamaha, Sea Doo, & Kawasaki). We like that way the Sea Doos look and they do give you a lot of options. However, the new color schemes are a little out there for me if I decide to go new. The new GTX 215 doesn't have drastic colors and looks great but it has under 14 gallons of storage vs. just under 31 for my GTR. Around the local lakes that would be fine, but I'm hooked on these longer rides now and 13 gallons isn't going to work. The electronics on the new Yamahas are fantastic and storage is a little more then my GTR. It sounds like the Kawasaki hull would be the best for ocean riding, but Bimini is the only time I really get to do a lot of that.

I really want tilt steering on my next ski. That was my only complaint about the GTR. Otherwise, it was a great ski.

So, if someone can create a ski that looks like a Sea Doo with the new features of Yamaha and hull and storage of Kawasaki, I'll be the first buyer!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ramblin Wreck storage is the easiest issue to fix you pick the ski you like and buy two of them