• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2018

myblueheaven305

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The 2018 will be my first Bimini Trip! I am excited, been watching youtube videos and would like to go soon but I will wait to go in a group. I live next to Haulover, every time I leave the intercoastal to go to South Beach I want to go straight to Bimini..

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The 2018 will be my first Bimini Trip! I am excited, been watching youtube videos and would like to go soon but I will wait to go in a group. I live next to Haulover, every time I leave the intercoastal to go to South Beach I want to go straight to Bimini..
let's go!

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I have been in the Haulover area a couple of weeks back partying. Love that place. July 2018 will be when a big group goes out to Bimini.

myblueheaven305

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have been in the Haulover area a couple of weeks back partying. Love that place. July 2018 will be when a big group goes out to Bimini.
Haulover is fun.. always people at the sand bar.. I live beach-side on Collins I can look out my bed room window and see people partying at Haulover. Next time you are in the area hit me up and we can meet at the Haulover

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will go, where do you take your boats on the weekend? we can meet up..
Bimini Sands is due to reopen on the 21st. The pool bar has reopened under new management with a quite reasonable menu. Much of North
Bimini will be closed for a while. If you guys make it over there Gaylord took care of Bimini Sands during and after Irma. I hear he is in need of a moonshine delivery.

IMG_1861.JPG

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Bimini Sands is due to reopen on the 21st. The pool bar has reopened under new management with a quite reasonable menu. Much of North
Bimini will be closed for a while. If you guys make it over there Gaylord took care of Bimini Sands during and after Irma. I hear he is in need of a moonshine delivery.

View attachment 64304
Any chance of the menu carrying vegetarian options for next year ;)

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any chance of the menu carrying vegetarian options for next year ;)
I know adding a veggie burger was suggested.

Is cheese or veggie pizza an option for you?

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I know adding a veggie burger was suggested.

Is cheese or veggie pizza an option for you?
That would be perfect Bruce. That way I do not need to get frozen pizzas to Bimini. Thanks a lot.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That would be perfect Bruce. That way I do not need to get frozen pizzas to Bimini. Thanks a lot.
In 2017 we were trying to find a replacement for Mackey's Seafood Pizza so we tried pizza from Edith's (North Bimini), The Thirsty Turtle (South Bimini) and the pool bar at Bimini Sands. The first two were likely flooded during Irma. I expect they will reopen. The latter has changed operators but I know that Bimini Sands wants to have pizza delivery as a feature.

I would not want to travel to Bimini expecting to eat local food. Availability comes and goes. In 2015 we waited four hours for pizza at Mackey's on our last night in Bimini. The dough had arrived that afternoon. If my family was low on food it would be easy to eat fish like the locals do but for anyone with specific dietary requirements I would bring more than you need.

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I will go, where do you take your boats on the weekend? we can meet up..
We usually hang out on Elliot Key someplace - got a couple buddies who go up by Biscayne key on Ski's cuz they cant come into the Bay .

If these hurricanes ever buzz off - the wifey wants to blast to Bimini over a weekend.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If these hurricanes ever buzz off - the wifey wants to blast to Bimini over a weekend.
Have you looked at when your cruising permit expires? I find there is some inconsistency in how long they are valid. You may be able to go again without paying for another cruising permit.

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I think it was 90 days, I have it upstairs in the desk, will have to look tonight! Thx for the reminder @Bruce . At the current rate of rapid fire hurricanes - it'll be November / December before I dare to leave the motherland. LOL! 30 foot waves on a 24' boat - awesome.

The Base called me last night about 1800. HURCON 5 - expecting a little something in 72 hours. Shake my hands!

myblueheaven305

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We usually hang out on Elliot Key someplace - got a couple buddies who go up by Biscayne key on Ski's cuz they cant come into the Bay .

I will come down to elliot key.. looks like a nice ride..

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I will come down to elliot key.. looks like a nice ride..
Cool - I'll message you my number if you want to text me / arrange a time? This weekend is looking poor :(

myblueheaven305

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Cool - I'll message you my number if you want to text me / arrange a time? This weekend is looking poor :(
please send your number.. This weekend I am going to Medellin to watch a friends Boxing match. I will send you mine too.

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Been toying around with the idea of a Bimini Trip for quite some time... Is there anyone on here that has actually done it with a AR192? Everyone seems to have 21Ft+, I know conditions seem to be the determining factor here but, am I wasting my time with the idea? I Would like some input from someone who has done it, or seen it done... Thank you

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Been toying around with the idea of a Bimini Trip for quite some time... Is there anyone on here that has actually done it with a AR192? Everyone seems to have 21Ft+, I know conditions seem to be the determining factor here but, am I wasting my time with the idea? I Would like some input from someone who has done it, or seen it done... Thank you
@1948Isaac has done it multiple times. If you're looking for a reason to get a bigger boat you can certainly use Bimini as a further excuse, however if you're happy with your boat and just want to make the trip I wouldn't hesitate to cross in a 19ft. Carry extra fuel but if you stay on plane and you run north of 20mph you should make it in 1 tank.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@D3nN1s is defiantly doable. As matter of fact, we had someone in 2017 with 19foot FSH ( 3 adults).
As long as you are willing to do the following 3 items:
  1. bring extra fuel
  2. be mentally prepared for a biting if the seas do not corporate
  3. follow the leaders' advise in terms of equipment ( especially this last one, do not try to cut corners on equipment ie, VHF, chart plotters, or boat maintenance etc).

If I recall correctly @swatski & @ThatJeepGuy have crossed on 190s in the past.
I cannot wait for June

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Once boat is in the garage it is prep time for me. Really really really need to go 2018