• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2018

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am going in a 212ss with mr1 motors and others have as well. Should be fine. The 24' will obviously be better.
The crazy part about this is we have had plenty of 21ft boats run just fine on this run but if I remember correctly both the boats in 2015 that took on heavy water to the point of becoming disabled were 21ft boats.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
The crazy part about this is we have had plenty of 21ft boats run just fine on this run but if I remember correctly both the boats in 2015 that took on heavy water to the point of becoming disabled were 21ft boats.
Shhhhh, don't tell my wife!

Jack Bailey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looking to join in on the trip but none of my friends are interested in going. Its racing season, so all they care about is the dirt track. That being said, I really don't want to pay for a room for one person. Is anyone else in the situation or does anyone need one more person to help with the cost of the hotel?

NICK-TX-DEVILDOG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok well after reading on other threads I have decided to go with getting the 24. I do plan on purchasing it used unless I find a killer deal from a dealer. Does anyone have any advice on what years are best or any to stay away from.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know a few years were having trouble with finding chains and oil cooler bolts snapping.. 2014 sounds right. . But someone else will chime up with the specific years. .

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok well after reading on other threads I have decided to go with getting the 24. I do plan on purchasing it used unless I find a killer deal from a dealer. Does anyone have any advice on what years are best or any to stay away from.
2010 & early 2011 have the first production 1.8l engines and those had oil cooler bolt issues but by now I bet all the bad bolts have broken and replaced, https://jetboaters.net/threads/another-oil-cooler-bolt-sheared.1282/

NICK-TX-DEVILDOG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just read through that thread, that's exactly the kind of thing I'm trying to avoid. You are probably right its most likely been fixed by this point. Still something to keep an eye out for. I appreciate the help guys

112Vulcan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Would snapping in a bow cover and keeping the windshield closed help keep the water out by running over the sides?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Would snapping in a bow cover and keeping the windshield closed help keep the water out by running over the sides?
Fast forward to five minutes in and watch how the bow cover holds up.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
LOL. in 2019 I will put double snaps on each location LOL

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I plan to, but i hope for a bit better weather and i use it as child control to keep them in the back. If it gets rough i will be opening the window for sure i would rather not have my windshield bent up more than it is. Pretty sure my boat has endured the same catastrophe others had last year.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@Speedling
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Exactly why i plan to bring it, but like i said, can open window and remove mid wave crashes, or at least have my wife rip off bottom snaps and open window i figure. I think we will know what we are in for 10 minutes in.
I think my snaps are pretty good too, my cockpit cover is in garbage because snaps were not the same quality.
Oh, and my version is plan for the worst hope for the best.
My wife and i agree that we will reach coast guard before we clear Maine, lol

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Don't bother with cost guard, Iceland is great that time of the year. You will be there by August 1st.

in my future trips I would leave the center windshield open. Mine got stuck but not broken and @chris24 told me before I left Bahia Mar. I should have listened. I am more worried about the water coming over the windshield rather than through the center windshield. In regard to having your wife unsnap and open the windshield and then having to snap it on the port side....... i am not so sure. I would not want my wife to do that while underway.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have friend who is selling a 2012 I think I can check with them and see if it already sold. The boat is located in North GA.

Blaise

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone planning on an early June crossing? We have June 5-9 booked at the sands.
May leave a day earlier if the water/wind is right. Trailering from Louisiana.
Blaise

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Blaise I think everyone is trying to stick with the June and July groups.

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@AbuAyd I am 3.5 hours north of you, so if you like we could meet before the end of this season and do some test runs.
You can really load your boat and see how comfortable you will be keeping up on my wake.
The reason why I bring this up is because I stuck on Bruce's rear and ended up burning 49 gallons while Bruce burned 35 gallons.

If your crew is as green as my crew was, it would like to take your crew and cross your wave a few times. It will be nice for them to experience that in the lake rather than ocean.
We are here at hotel, are u here

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length