• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2020 - early interest - dates TBD

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I hotthe v8 and so far the main issue i have read about is the throttle body needing replacement.
if wonder if that is the reason why my truck has turned off by itself on a traffic light!!!!!!

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone tried to book for this summer? While I'm not ready to commit to any certain week just yet, I'm wondering how rates compare to years before the owners changed

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Has anyone tried to book for this summer? While I'm not ready to commit to any certain week just yet, I'm wondering how rates compare to years before the owners changed
They have taken groups already and booked a lot of it already. I called to try and get a single unit and they said they aren't ready for general booking yet but took my name and number and said they would let me know (doubtful).
There are also vrbo available there.
The marina is all ready for reservations it's just the condos yet, or so they told me.

JoseCuervo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Many of the "veterans" will likely be in on the planning for Bimini 2020. I expect it to be a bigger trip(s) next year due to this years challenges with Bimini Sands and the power situation.

I do know there is also an Abaco 2020 trip in the planning....but this is not for first timers and requires a lot of time, and a lot more prep.

If you haven't already read the Bimini prep thread....read that before considering this trip.
Hi Julian. Jose here. We are first timers going to Bimini. We have a 2019 AR210. And we would like to be included in any of the groups going to Bimini next year. Do you have any suggestions on this regards. Thank you very much. Jose

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hi Julian. Jose here. We are first timers going to Bimini. We have a 2019 AR210. And we would like to be included in any of the groups going to Bimini next year. Do you have any suggestions on this regards. Thank you very much. Jose
Now that you have posted in this thread you should be notified in the alerts up top if someone posts.

JoseCuervo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m in for 2020. I have a lot of the 2017 group wanting to make a comeback as well. Hoping the Sands gets it act together by then. I’m hoping for a June crossing if I can
Hi there. We would like to go To Bimini with a group for 2020 we have a 2019 AR210. Do you know of any group making hard arrangements? Thank you and happy boating

JoseCuervo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
212ss here. I felt the 24' boats were pressing forward easily and i had to be careful to be outside their wake. This was good conditions. On the way back it was much rougher but then again i was originally trying to keep up with the jet ski group not realizing the boats were a bit behind us.
I bought trim tabs and have started installing to test the heck out of them early spring. Hope that puts us on even playing field.
Speeds weren't the problem it was the splashing with wind on my bow so we got soaked. The 24 footers are much deeper.
Hi. Did you install the trim tabs ? How they look, work for
You ?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hi. Did you install the trim tabs ? How they look, work for
You ?
Many have done it, i purchased mine and hope to have them on by spring.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@JoseCuervo the trim tabs are very helpful in smoothing the ride. Anything but 2018 waters they are come in very handy.

Christiana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We’re in for another trip this year. We might could be flexible on dates, but for right now, I’ve secured 5/22-6/1 off at my job. This might be too early, but I grabbed it bc of the holiday giving me an extra day to work with.
I haven’t figured out the logistics but the kids are begging to go to WDW so it’d be cool (and super impressive!) if we fit both in! So I’m thinking 3-4 nights in Bimini maybe?

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've got the week of July 12th blocked on my calendar but being my first crossing I'm waiting for a Bimini 'veteran' to set a date and start planning.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I've got the week of July 12th blocked on my calendar but being my first crossing I'm waiting for a Bimini 'veteran' to set a date and start planning.
I think we are waiting for bimini cove to get things all together yet

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well... my alaska trip for aug was canceled... we cant deal with the new guy in family (sister in laws fiancee) for week. Wondering if I can fit this in. How is weather in aug anyone know?

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well... my alaska trip for aug was canceled... we cant deal with the new guy in family (sister in laws fiancee) for week. Wondering if I can fit this in. How is weather in aug anyone know?
August is deep into the rainy season. Rain every afternoon. There's small showers but they're everywhere. May, June has much less chance of rain but there's still spotty showers.

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm hoping between folks here and Bimini Cove that we can get some dates locked in soon. My work is pressuring me request my vacation time for the summer quickly.

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m in for 2020. I have a lot of the 2017 group wanting to make a comeback as well. Hoping the Sands gets it act together by then. I’m hoping for a June crossing if I can
2019 I stayed at
I was on 2018 trip July Bimini sands, I stayed at resort world 2019 and have to say resort world is way to go, I can tell you staying there is way nicer