• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2020 - early interest - dates TBD

nofd843

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Not gonna make 2020, hoping for 2021, but watching and learning.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
2019 I stayed at

I was on 2018 trip July Bimini sands, I stayed at resort world 2019 and have to say resort world is way to go, I can tell you staying there is way nicer
What was nicer? Was docking ok with nonfloating docks?
I hope to come with a group of 6 people and the condo at sands/cove was great especially for the price. I assume i would need two rooms at rw?

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ThatJeepGuy i think you can make your own dates. I bet you get a few joining you anyway
We love Bimini, as do others. We'd like to go as as a group, veterans or not. We miss the early morning radio calls for where everyone is going. We miss the evening infinity pool conversation of how everyone's trips went. And all the catastrophes in between. Stories of the boats that stopped to swim on the way crossing the gulfstream.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd be interested in meeting up if anyone is going late june/july. Rookie.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Christiana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice! I assume a vrbo or airbnb? Or did cove let you book?i need to call them again to find out whats up.
Airbnb! Hoping for a smooth experience. We used VRBO last year for a house with a dock in Port Royal and it was awesome, power issues aside.

Five Faces

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Any groups making the crossing the week of June 21-27?

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
me and few friends are going that week
I'd be interested in going that week if you don't mind a rookie tagging a long. Not sure where to start with lodging etc, but I have read the primer.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I'd be interested in going that week if you don't mind a rookie tagging a long. Not sure where to start with lodging etc, but I have read the primer.
Look at vrbo for bimini sands/cove and can do the same to get a cottage near/in resort world. Another option is big game club.
Sands/cove is best for a beginner from what i saw with floating docks, fuel on site, and ease in/out of marina.

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Look at vrbo for bimini sands/cove and can do the same to get a cottage near/in resort world. Another option is big game club.
Sands/cove is best for a beginner from what i saw with floating docks, fuel on site, and ease in/out of marina.
Thanks! I booked a condo at Bimini Sands 21-27. Do separate threads typically get started for coordinating the crossing?

This has been a long time bucket list item - been to the Bahamas a bunch of times, but never with my boat!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Any updates?
We have a small group of skis that are going on May but I want to go with you guys!!!
I don't know if anything "official" will be happening per se. I know my finances and schedule keeps getting turned upside down. New truck, friend getting married, wants a big honeymoon cruise party, my son has a cadet (scouts for church group) international campout thing and i am a counselor, extended family campout, shelbyville group etc. Unless something clears up i may be skipping this year sadly. So since many have posted when they are going, you can use private messages to group up for a safer crossing. I would recommend get at least one person that has made the crossing mostly for making the call of crossing or not due to weather.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Andy S and I are going in June I will announce our dates in the next few weeks likely. Our trip how ever will be a little different than what he and I did two years ago as both of us have a lot going on right now and will not have the time to plan and organize a large group trip. That being said anyone will be welcome to join us on our dates even if it turns into a big group that is fine but we will probably not be working with Bimini Sands or Bahia Mar for discounts unless they are willing to work with us loosely and easily. I will keep you posted as we go I will try and call both Bimini Sands and Bahia Mar next week to see if something can be easily set up if not we will probably just book lodging and announce dates.

Five Faces

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It looks like the week of June 21-27 is gaining some traction, even if done informally.