• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2020 - early interest - dates TBD

JayZ2012

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm seeing that lots of people seem to be travelling mid week to the Bahamas. I was planning on July 20-25 with early morning departures on either end. Is it typical to wait on a grouping to form or just book what I want and hope that someone else is travelling at the same time? As a first timer, I'd like to travel with a group or person who has made the trip before.

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm seeing that lots of people seem to be travelling mid week to the Bahamas. I was planning on July 20-25 with early morning departures on either end. Is it typical to wait on a grouping to form or just book what I want and hope that someone else is travelling at the same time? As a first timer, I'd like to travel with a group or person who has made the trip before.
In the past most people traveled with group. But the group was able to get discount rooms at bimini sands, discount truck and trailer parking and it was overall safer. Plus they partied like a rock star from what I heard.

I reccomend finding someone with similar dates of travel as you. Or you can choose your own and post up here. I'm sure nobody would have a problem with you tagging along either way it goes.

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I think this may FINALLY be the year that I join (assuming that I don't move) I have 2 people for certain that want to go and will find 1 or 2 more. Hopefully we can work out all of the logistics to actually make it happen this time around!

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The dates we are looking at are May 25-29
Looks like 10-12 people are leaning towards staying on north Bimini
We shall see
I am trying to make these dates of May 25-29. At this point I am the only boat in this group, others are waverunners, so let's get another boat(s) to cross with this great group. Any one focusing on these dates?

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
As of right now we have 9 skis crossing with another 2 in the works with making reservation at the sands
We have condos in buildings 10, 19 & 20 booked
There are a few that are taking the ferry over and will be picked up when they arrive.
i know it’s early in the year especially for those with kids but I was invited by a group I know and I’ve crossed with before so I jumped on it, feel free to join if your able 😊

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As of right now we have 9 skis crossing with another 2 in the works with making reservation at the sands
We have condos in buildings 10, 19 & 20 booked
There are a few that are taking the ferry over and will be picked up when they arrive.
i know it’s early in the year especially for those with kids but I was invited by a group I know and I’ve crossed with before so I jumped on it, feel free to join if your able 😊
did you book vrbo or something like that or do they finally have their reservations going?

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
We booked through airbnb
This is the cancelation policy
Cancellation policy
Free cancellation for 48 hours
After that, cancel up to 24 hours before check-in and get a full refund, minus the service fee.

24 hours before check-in
Full refund, minus the first night and service fee
So it isn’t too bad if we need to cancel due to weather

Lowstar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
We booked through airbnb
This is the cancelation policy
Cancellation policy
Free cancellation for 48 hours
After that, cancel up to 24 hours before check-in and get a full refund, minus the service fee.

24 hours before check-in
Full refund, minus the first night and service fee
So it isn’t too bad if we need to cancel due to weather
Were you able to reserve a slip yet at the sands ?

amccoy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We added a day to the trip, now coming back on june 28.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am booked for July 11th through 18th at Bimini Cove, building #3. Doesn't look like anyone else has committed to that week yet but that was pretty much the only week we could make it work. We may not be there the full 7 days but with a weekly discount through AirBNB it was just a few dollars more to book 7 days than 5. Should allow some flexibility for weather and/or hooking up with others to make the crossings with. This will be my first time to Bimini, but not my first time away from the coast as I've been to the Gulf side a couple times, albeit not more than 20 miles offshore. I got the boat prepared in 2018 for Bimini and was ready to go but had to back out at the last minute. We'll have 4 adults, likely all crossing on my AR240 unless the crossing looks rough, then the wives may take the ferry.

Anyone booked or looking to travel this week shoot me a PM and we can arrange a group for the crossing!
That is the week I am looking at going. Sunday to Saturday....just trying to finalize things.

If anyone is interested, I may have an extra one bedroom condo available. @Sbrown and @veedubtek have first shot at it.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
did anyone else get the email about the condos for sale at Biminis Cove( sands) ? I had to delete it real quick.
lol the one bedroom I think it was 15C for $125 made me look twice for a second

JayZ2012

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Booked at Bimini Sands/Cove (AirBNB) for July 20 - 25. Would like to travel with a group if possible. Looking forward to this!

Chappy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2 boats currently making the Bimini run from June 30th - July 8th. Trailering from Dallas 6/28 and leaving from Ft. Lauderdale. Does this coincide with anyone else's trip?

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Many of the "veterans" will likely be in on the planning for Bimini 2020. I expect it to be a bigger trip(s) next year due to this years challenges with Bimini Sands and the power situation.

I do know there is also an Abaco 2020 trip in the planning....but this is not for first timers and requires a lot of time, and a lot more prep.

If you haven't already read the Bimini prep thread....read that before considering this trip.
FYI, I was there 2019, there were no issues with the power station or Bimini Sands while we were there, in fact the power station is new and up and running.

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We should know if the Bimini Sands sale closes within the next few months. That will greatly alter the ability to host large groups in Bimini.

If it closes I expect a highly functional Bimini Sands with some improvements for 2020 possibly at higher prices.

If it does not close I expect Bimini Sands to continue to deteriorate.

My family situation prevents me leading large groups to Bimini. However if Bimini Sands returns I would like to arrange the discounted parking, dockage and lodging in Florida and Bimini for multiple groups to make the trip in. 2020. We need groups of at least 10 vessels to start getting discounts which max out at around 20 vessels. 40 to 50 vessels is likely the maximum group size that could be accommodated in Bimini.

My family is planning to return to Bimini in 2020 if Bimini Sands has been sold. We may do so with a small group of veterans or join in one of the larger groups.
Myself John Waddell, and Jose Martinez are in

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@leonard delia, Bimini is still operating on container mounted generators. There is not enough capacity for busy periods. Unless that is resolved by Memorial Day widespread power outages should be expected.

Bimini Sands is becoming Bimini Cove. The sale has closed but the Asplundh family did not buy Roberts out. It is an owner financing deal. Many upgrades that were hoped for over the winter have not happened. The infinity pool is being repaired but not operating yet. There is no official rental pool. Many condos have been empty without maintenance. And perhaps worst of all the man who sabotaged our business and destroyed the rental business at Bimini Sands is still involved.