• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2020 - early interest - dates TBD

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Lifes shitty right now for most of/if not all of us... let us hold onto hope.
I’m in touch with many owners and they are very positive with Bimini opening end of may. Here in the keys we are in phase 2 closed to tourists, we are looking to open end of may.

Water Girl

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m not sure if it will be open to tourists by July. I think there were 5 or 6 new COVID cases very recently. It’s a shame but I think it’s going to wait till next year. Who do you have going? @leonard delia

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m not sure if it will be open to tourists by July. I think there were 5 or 6 new COVID cases very recently. It’s a shame but I think it’s going to wait till next year. Who do you have going? @leonard delia
Myself, Alex and 4 other boaters

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Kevin Sargent

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am in communication with my condo owner... he is optimistic the 5 phase approach could be in stage 5 by our scheduled trip. I would think once the US opens up, most countries will follow closely behind to recover their economy. If not, it will be catastrophic for the Bahamas. Fingers crossed.... I can social distance from the native people... I just need to see the customs rep only... after that I can go 6 days without seeing another local

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Agree, one of the times I pulled it all through. The reverse move gets it 90% of the time!
Which trip are you guys planning this year? I hope to get on the July trip. We live just outside Louisville, KY in Lanesville, IN.

jethrof16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am in communication with my condo owner... he is optimistic the 5 phase approach could be in stage 5 by our scheduled trip. I would think once the US opens up, most countries will follow closely behind to recover their economy. If not, it will be catastrophic for the Bahamas. Fingers crossed.... I can social distance from the native people... I just need to see the customs rep only... after that I can go 6 days without seeing another local
Which condo are you guys staying at? Thanks!

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Which trip are you guys planning this year? I hope to get on the July trip. We live just outside Louisville, KY in Lanesville, IN.
I'm doing the July 12-18 trip, hopefully, and we're leaving out of Kentucky from about an hour south of Louisville. Staying at Bimini Cove.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We won't be going this year. I love bimini, love the excitement it brings people on the forums, and i love helping others where i can!
We are up in cedar lake, in. But have family in tampa, that we hope to visit again before or after bimini in 2021. This year just has too many variables for me!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We enjoy eating out, so we are hoping restaurants will be open.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We enjoy eating out, so we are hoping restaurants will be open.
Wasn't much inthe way of eating out if i recall. Maybe at reseort world?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wasn't much inthe way of eating out if i recall. Maybe at reseort world?
We ate at Big John's, thirsty turtle, and the restaurant and bar at Bimini Sands (hopefully will reopen at some point). Resort world was on our list but we never ate there.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We ate at Big John's, thirsty turtle, and the restaurant and bar at Bimini Sands (hopefully will reopen at some point). Resort world was on our list but we never ate there.
Were is big johns?
We did thirsty turtle, the bar at sands, stuarts conch shack and got ice cream at the fisherman's warf at rw.
We underestimated how much food to bring because we figured on eating out much more.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Were is big johns?
We did thirsty turtle, the bar at sands, stuarts conch shack and got ice cream at the fisherman's warf at rw.
We underestimated how much food to bring because we figured on eating out much more.
Near blue water .

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Were is big johns?
Big Johns is the sports bar behind Big Game, they are slow in service but have good chicken wings

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m in for 2020. I have a lot of the 2017 group wanting to make a comeback as well. Hoping the Sands gets it act together by then. I’m hoping for a June crossing if I can
there are 8 boats crossing July 12-18 and many of us are staying at Bimini sands, jump on in and make the trip

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So the Bahamas has opened it borders back up to so Bahamian citizens and home owners may return so that's a positive but the restrictions to return are not. Having to Quarantine for 14 days before you can go out and do anything could be a real possibility in their first stages of opening the border to foreigners which would stink.

Friends and Partners,
As information changes quickly, we continue to share our current knowledge to help you make informed decisions related to travel. In a letter from Captain Charles Beneby, Director General - Bahamas Civil Aviation Authority it outlines requirements for Bahamian citizens, residents, and homeowners to travel to The Bahamas.

For anyone who is a Bahamian citizen or homeowner:
  • Bahamas Passport, permanent residency card, or valid Bahamas Work Permit
  • Homeowners must be in possession of a valid passport and proof of home-ownership (utility bill, property tax statement, etc.)
  • A valid negative COVID-19 test taken within 7-days of intended travel from an approved lab
  • All guests entering The Bahamas will also need to have arrangements to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival.
We have received so many requests for those who wish to return to The Bahamas and will be happy to assist those allowed to travel at this time. The Bahamas have been very smart and attentive to the safety of their residents. We are following any and all requirements to ensure our flights meet their regulations and openly communicate with Bahamas leadership daily.

Tropic Ocean Airways has taken many steps in our safety protocols and procedures. Please visit our page to understand how you can Travel with Confidence when the time is right. Please reply to this email or select the Book Your Flight button for assistance.

Emme1010

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
there are 8 boats crossing July 12-18 and many of us are staying at Bimini sands, jump on in and make the trip

I am buying a 2020 Yamaha 195s next week! I am very interested in making the trip with y'all. Where would you depart from? I would just go for a long weekend!