• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2020 - early interest - dates TBD

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@leonard delia, Bimini is still operating on container mounted generators. There is not enough capacity for busy periods. Unless that is resolved by Memorial Day widespread power outages should be expected.

Bimini Sands is becoming Bimini Cove. The sale has closed but the Asplundh family did not buy Roberts out. It is an owner financing deal. Many upgrades that were hoped for over the winter have not happened. The infinity pool is being repaired but not operating yet. There is no official rental pool. Many condos have been empty without maintenance. And perhaps worst of all the man who sabotaged our business and destroyed the rental business at Bimini Sands is still involved.
I’m saying that we went July 2019 there were many people there and we had no issues with power. In addition we elected to stay at resort world condos very close to the hotel, there was a clubhouse and beautiful pool overlooking the ocean.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@leonard delia, Bimini is still operating on container mounted generators. There is not enough capacity for busy periods. Unless that is resolved by Memorial Day widespread power outages should be expected.

Bimini Sands is becoming Bimini Cove. The sale has closed but the Asplundh family did not buy Roberts out. It is an owner financing deal. Many upgrades that were hoped for over the winter have not happened. The infinity pool is being repaired but not operating yet. There is no official rental pool. Many condos have been empty without maintenance. And perhaps worst of all the man who sabotaged our business and destroyed the rental business at Bimini Sands is still involved.
well none of this sounds promising and I’m now wondering if any of the repairs will be finished by this summer. I think I’m reluctantly going to start exploring other lodging options for my crew this year.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m saying that we went July 2019 there were many people there and we had no issues with power. In addition we elected to stay at resort world condos very close to the hotel, there was a clubhouse and beautiful pool overlooking the ocean.
Resorts World’s condos (Bimini Bay) has their own generation capacity that ran much of last year. That generation does not cover the RW marinas which often were without power in 2019.

I am uncertain if Branson’s hedonistic cruise ship destination will be operating on Capo land north of RW this year. If it is open it will be a major consumer of power and water as well as a producer of waste.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Resorts World’s condos (Bimini Bay) has their own generation capacity that ran much of last year. That generation does not cover the RW marinas which often were without power in 2019.

I am uncertain if Branson’s hedonistic cruise ship destination will be operating on Capo land north of RW this year. If it is open it will be a major consumer of power and water as well as a producer of waste.
I just went ahead and booked one of the Island houses at Resort World. My experience at the Sands was rough enough last time that with no improvements I don't think I want to risk it again. I will just have to wake up 20 minutes earlier in the mornings for the no wake zone lol.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843, I understand your choice but personally do not want to contribute to Resorts Worlds destruction of Bimini.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just finalizing things for our trip....We'll be at Bimini Cove (FKA Bimini Sands) the 2nd week of July (12-18th). Chose that week as we didn't want to be there for the 4th of July, and didn't want to go in June because of kids school schedules.

Still working out the details, but we will probably have an extra one bedroom condo (ocean front view in building 3) available.

I have already reserved dock space for 2 boats.

We will depart Sunday morning from Harbortowne Marina (park there most likely), and will stay in one of the nearby hotels overnight. We will then return the following Saturday morning.

This will be our 4th trip, and we are ok with leading a small group over. Once I have details nailed down, I will start a new gatherings thread for this specific week. Right now it looks like @BBottoms is going that week too.

Last edited:

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Still working out the details, but we will probably have an extra one bedroom condo (ocean front view in building 3) available.

We will depart Sunday morning from Harbortowne Marina (park there most likely), and will stay in one of the nearby hotels overnight. We will then return the following Saturday morning.
I'm in Unit 3 as well. Oceanfront in a 2 story, 2 bedroom, so sounds like we're right next to one another. Rented via AirBNB from "Brad", who I'm assuming is Bimini Brad? He had several units listed.

I think I'm reserved for docking. I got an email response but it wasn't clear if it was set in stone. Waiting for a follow up.

We're planning to arrive in Ft. Lauderdale Friday but unless there are perfect conditions we'll likely wait until Sunday to leave with you.

JayZ2012

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm in Unit 3 as well. Oceanfront in a 2 story, 2 bedroom, so sounds like we're right next to one another. Rented via AirBNB from "Brad", who I'm assuming is Bimini Brad? He had several units listed.

I think I'm reserved for docking. I got an email response but it wasn't clear if it was set in stone. Waiting for a follow up.

We're planning to arrive in Ft. Lauderdale Friday but unless there are perfect conditions we'll likely wait until Sunday to leave with you.
How did you go about reserving dock space? I've rented for the week of July 19-25, but haven't gotten dock space yet.

Wytiger

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just finalizing things for our trip....We'll be at Bimini Cove (FKA Bimini Sands) the 2nd week of July (12-18th). Chose that week as we didn't want to be there for the 4th of July, and didn't want to go in June because of kids school schedules.

This will be our 4th trip, and we are ok with leading a small group over. Once I have details nailed down, I will start a new gatherings thread for this specific week. Right now it looks like @BBottoms is going that week too.
i promise I am not trying to spam the thread. I finally got to my computer; smart phone was having a dumb moment. Can you please count us in for the week of July 12-18? I'd love to cross with you again. We just bought a 212X so we do not have any of the coordinates saved.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@BBottoms, that is Brad’s personal condo. It is a nice unit and well stocked with water toys.

The master bedroom has a double glass door that overlooks the ocean.

JayZ2012

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi- I've got 3 family members who want to take the Ferry instead of 2.5 hours of Yamaha boat bouncing action. Any recommendations for a ferry company that will be good for them? Leaving Miami on a Monday and returning on Saturday.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi- I've got 3 family members who want to take the Ferry instead of 2.5 hours of Yamaha boat bouncing action. Any recommendations for a ferry company that will be good for them? Leaving Miami on a Monday and returning on Saturday.
I don’t think there are too many choices for a ferry. The other option is to fly them over. I think it was like around $250

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
We had to adjust our dates for crossing to accommodate our people that are taking the ferry :confused:

leonard delia

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m in for 2020. I have a lot of the 2017 group wanting to make a comeback as well. Hoping the Sands gets it act together by then. I’m hoping for a June crossing if I can
We are in for July 12-18 at Bimini sands, we have have 6 boats going as of now

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length