• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Fling photos and videos.....post them up!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After we were castaway we spotted a pair of Spotted Eagle Rays near Bimini Sands and enjoyed a few minutes of chasing them. @Majorsmackdown, you would have been in on this action if you had not left two days early!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On his last day in Bimini, @Kevin convinced us all to go to Neal Watson's Bimini Scuba Center to dive with the sharks. We did not know it at the time but this same shark tank was soon to appear in Shark Week's Shark School featuring Michael Phelps. Most of our JetBoaters group had already gone home but perhaps a third of the 25 or so of us left took a turn in the shark cage. Emma was in there for close to 10 minutes but unfortunately the video was quite shaky.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Betik hit me up when you do the Mississippi River thing if it's up north!
I will put a separate post and tag you. I need to research the physicality of such expedition as our boats are not designed for such trip, but then they were not designed for BIMINI either, LOL.

As FYI in my "bucket" list is to hit certain parts of the great loop.
  • Chicago to St. Luis ( either through IL river all the way to Grafton or pull out and tow to Burlington from Peoria).
  • Buffalo NY, to Ellis Island ( about 10 days trip)

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here are a couple of fun family fishing videos. They were not keepers but they certainly were fighters. The whole family including my parents who were on the phone got in on the action. @Rana caught one later but we only have pictures of her catch.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
First let me apologize for putting a misleading tittle in one my videos. I just noticed that Boat 002 has too many views. And I realized the the "Bimini Crossing" was acting as bait. I am sorry I should have been more descriptive.

In terms of rest of the videos. I am done uploading all my Bimini videos and here is the list.

Boat 002 ( this just has the Bahia Mar departure and some still shots from during the crossing.

Boat 005 ( this is just a short clip of Amar at Bahia Mar)

Boat 006 ( this is a short homage to our skis and in particular our awesome roommates )

Boat 007 ( this is a 10minute video of me and my wife going to Sapona when Bruce said that it is the weather is not good for boating that day)

Boat 008 ( this is a 1 hour long video of our last day in Bimini. I know it is long, but this is video is also watched by the grandparents and they have nothing else better to do.)

Boat 009 ( this is a 1 hour long video of our time in. Just like all my videos they representation of what we experienced in its entirety, but just the highlights)

Boat 011 ( this is a 30 minute video of my return trip. It includes all the non monotonous events of a 2 hour video which I figured none will want to watch. If anyone cannot get enough of Sarah's tattoos and my bald head, I can send you the 2 hour video as well)

Note 1: I am planing on taking all the videos out of YouTube at the end of September. If anyone is reading this after Sep 30th of 2017 and want to watch the videos, please contact the NSA or send me a PM.
Note 2: I also have over 3,000 still shots of Port Everglades and up to the Storm ( that is where the Boat 002 videos are coming from). Anyone wants to see repetitive photos; please let me know.

It has been good riding with yall. I only wish my GoPro was recording during the storm. But the Bermuda Triangle you see........

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here are a few more videos....

@Valerie, you asked about Sharklab

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did anyone else visit the South Bimini Fountain of Youth?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is @Emma driving us to Sharklab.

Ryuc14911

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Did anyone else visit the South Bimini Fountain of Youth?

i wanted to but did not have the time. Im hoping on our next trip i will. Was it easy to get too?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
i wanted to but did not have the time. Im hoping on our next trip i will. Was it easy to get too?
The Fountain of Youth is approximately a mile from Bimini Sands.

You can walk, ask the office to arrange a taxi, or rent a golf cart. Those are listed in what I expect to be an increasing order of cost. If you walk you should stop by Booze and Screws for a cold beverage in both directions.

IMG_3509.PNG

Last edited:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did anyone throw together a edited video of the whole week yet? All I have seen are small portions so far.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
I missed so many of these pictures......and I cant view them at work.....

Last edited:

Greg M

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Betik.... who was driving the center console in the last vid of the return? youre a better man than me, I can tell you that!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Greg M it was some excited fella from Texas but I cannot recall his handle. Very nice guy, but throttle happy.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Jetason Bimini 2018 video, enjoy, thanks for watchin