• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Fling photos and videos.....post them up!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
judging on the correlation of damages to build year, I feel that I should go back and buy at boat in 1911. As long as its name does not start with "TIT" and end with "ANIC"

GMAN2015

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can't wait to read your write up. Trust me, I got my butt whipped making the crossing too. I think boating up/down the Mississippi would be awesome. Whatever you decide I just hope you and family enjoy the boat for years to come.
Uh Mississippi River run? Sign us up! 2018?

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri this is you I believe LOL

Damn. I missed a lot of conversations on this forum due to work related travels and they are pretty awesome. Thanks for the great video @Betik . Will catch up on all the threads this weekend. All in all an awesome adventure and ready for 2018.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri this is you I believe LOL

Wasn't loud enough :( I lost my rev 10s during the crossing. Will be better prepared next year with my sound system. Will be adding in a couple of icon8s also to theoretically make me deaf :D

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wasn't loud enough :( I lost my rev 10s during the crossing. Will be better prepared next year with my sound system. Will be adding in a couple of icon8s also to theoretically make me deaf :D
There is always ways to make her louder lol

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
There is always ways to make her louder lol
Lol yeah. I took your idea for the rear speakers and installed them on my friends boat ( we are wetsounds fans ). It did come out excellent. On a 1 hour run off Lake Ontario in Toronto we both came out partially deaf in the ears. I will install on my boat also sometime this year. My thanks to you for the information.

I always wondered how to install rear speakers on my AR240. Now I know.

unnamed.jpg

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lol yeah. I took your idea for the rear speakers and installed them on my friends boat ( we are wetsounds fans ). It did come out excellent. On a 1 hour run off Lake Ontario in Toronto we both came out partially deaf in the ears. I will install on my boat also sometime this year. My thanks to you for the information.

I always wondered how to install rear speakers on my AR240. Now I know.

View attachment 61795
Looks really good. Glade to help

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's not an exciting video, but I thought that I'd share this really short clip so that folks can see what the water conditions were like during our return on the 18th. With nice seas, and no storms in the forecast, we took a midway swim. We ran about 35 mph till midway then we ran 40-44 mph until we hit the Pt. Everglades channel. It's the first time that I've had a smooth crossing. I set my speed based on keeping the jets in the water to avoid rpm spikes. The boys sat in the bow during the crossing, first time for that.
@Glen @Majorsmackdown @Kevin Sargent

Last edited:

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's a clip of the conditions just past halfway during our July 18 return from Bimini. We were travelling 40-44 mph.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's not an exciting video, but I thought that I'd share this really short clip so that folks can see what the water conditions were like during our return on the 18th. With nice seas, and no storms in the forecast, we took a midway swim. We ran about 35 mph till midway then we ran 40-44 mph until we hit the Pt. Everglades channel. It's the first time that I've had a smooth crossing. I set my speed based on keeping the jets in the water to avoid rpm spikes. The boys sat in the bow during the crossing, first time for that.
@Glen @Majorsmackdown @Kevin Sargent
I believe the video is missing from this one. It was so tempting to take that smooth ride home......

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
is this part of the Bimini lure ?

Last edited:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is our last day in Bimini. It is rather loooong.
About 15 minutes of how young ( 5&3) kids behave.
The rest 50 minutes is in case you could not make and wanted to video that you can imagine yourself there. Claire and I plan to watch this over a glass of wine when none is home. Just watch and imagine that we are still there.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Emma did a great job Captaining us back to the US on our single boat return.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Glen discovered a plane wreck covered up in an amazing volume of fish while we were locating starfish for his daughters. This new wreck will certainly be a highlight in 2018.