• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini july 3rd-7th 2020

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Yeah it was like 25 dollars a day.
Ok, That might be a good option then: Park the truck and/or trailer at the marina and stay at the in-laws, who are a few minutes walk from the Bahai Mar. We'll just grab an extra day on each side.

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ok, That might be a good option then: Park the truck and/or trailer at the marina and stay at the in-laws, who are a few minutes walk from the Bahai Mar. We'll just grab an extra day on each side.
The catch is you can't just leave the trailer. The truck has to stay connected to the trailer. At least that's what they told me.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
The catch is you can't just leave the trailer. The truck has to stay connected to the trailer. At least that's what they told me.
Ugh! Well, I guess Uber it is! It would have been nice to have transportation while there without towing a boat around!

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ugh! Well, I guess Uber it is! It would have been nice to have transportation while there without towing a boat around!
I know what you mean. The way my plans are working out I'm gonna be getting there with enough time to stock up on supplies (beer) and having to drop the boat in the water with enough time to get to the hotel and grab some food and grab a drink or two. Before getting some sleep. I got a 17 hour drive just getting there.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I know what you mean. The way my plans are working out I'm gonna be getting there with enough time to stock up on supplies (beer) and having to drop the boat in the water with enough time to get to the hotel and grab some food and grab a drink or two. Before getting some sleep. I got a 17 hour drive just getting there.
We're gonna break it up into 2 days. It's 20 hrs from Chicago, and that doesn't include the 1 hour drive (in the wrong direction) to pick up the boat at the marina.

I gotta admit, pulling up to the hotel in your boat does sound cool! 😀

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
We're gonna break it up into 2 days. It's 20 hrs from Chicago, and that doesn't include the 1 hour drive (in the wrong direction) to pick up the boat at the marina.

I gotta admit, pulling up to the hotel in your boat does sound cool! 😀
Right? I'm just ready for this trip. Gonna be a blast. Been wanting to do this since I bought my boat in 17.

Lowstar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Self park is about a 1/4 mile down the road From harbor town , you can separate truck and trailer, only 10 dollars a night for truck and trailer and they have a shuttle to take you back to harbor town. win win ! mention Jetboaters for the 10 dollar rate.

Last edited:

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Self park is about a 1/4 mile down the road From harbor town , you can separate truck and trailer, only 10 dollars a night for truck and trailer and they have a shuttle to take you back to harbor town. win win ! mention Jetboaters for the 10 dollar rate.
Good to know! Thx! Will certainly look into that option.

tman900rr

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Do ya have a place lined up in Fla yet? Lers link up to go over details. Like what time leaving and such.
Does anyone have a link for the forms that are needed to be filled out? Thanks

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
@James R Whitten we appear to have similar, if not identical, boats. Have you considered fuel consumption for the crossing? Or carrying extra fuel?
Boating Mag shows that at best cruise, the 195 has a range of around 74 miles. That should be plenty, but I'm assuming that this was tested in glass-smooth water and the consumption will be higher if the water is choppy (and also with the gulf stream). I was considering lashing some jerry-cans on the swim platform.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Hey all, I'd like to join in the ride over. We are going 7/3 thru 7/7 also. Haven't made reservations in Fla yet, would like to see what others are doing first.
Just saw this..

Right now, our plans are to drive down and either arrive/stay a few days early or later and stay with the in-laws (although @James R Whitten 's idea of pulling up to the hotel is very tempting). For the actual stay in Bimini we booked an Air B&B @ Bimini Cove (Bimini Sands). Asides from that, it's up in the air.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Is that the self park on old griffin road?

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@James R Whitten we appear to have similar, if not identical, boats. Have you considered fuel consumption for the crossing? Or carrying extra fuel?
Boating Mag shows that at best cruise, the 195 has a range of around 74 miles. That should be plenty, but I'm assuming that this was tested in glass-smooth water and the consumption will be higher if the water is choppy (and also with the gulf stream). I was considering lashing some jerry-cans on the swim platform.
Yeah those numbers are with near perfect conditions. I'm taking an extra 10 gallons of gas in cans on the back of the boat. I'm pretty sure that should be enough.

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I've been about 35-40 miles in pretty choppy conditions and used a little less than 1/2 a tank.

Last edited:

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Yeah those numbers are with near perfect conditions. I'm taking an extra 10 gallons of gas in cans on the back of the boat. I'm pretty sure that should be enough.
I was thinking about the same amount.