• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini June 12th - 19th 2022

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We are officially booked at Resorts World and will be arriving a few days before @robert843 & @Andy S lead a group over on behalf of the Bahamas Tourism Ministry ( Bimini Fling 16th - 19th ). The plan will be to trailer down to the Fort Lauderdale area Saturday the 11th and stay the night. We’ll then wake up early Sunday morning, launch from Harbor Town Marina, and make the crossing. My crew will include my BIL and his teenage son, as well as my 10 year old daughter. My wife, 2 year old, and SIL will be flying or ferrying over Sunday morning the 12th, but will plan to return with us by boat on the 19th. With a full 7 days we'll have a cushion on the front and back end of the trip in case we need flexibility in the event of weather concerns. After missing out of these trips the last few years due to a new born, it's going to be good to be back in the blue water.

Kevin Jones

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Were headed that way the same weekend. We are staying on South Bimini this year. Taking my boat and a friends 30ft World cat. Where are you leaving your trailers?

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I plan on leaving my trailer at Harbour Towne Marina. I‘d love to cross with a few others if y’all are planning on departing early Sunday morning.

Kevin Jones

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
that is the plan as of now. We took my friends world cat last year and had a blast. Im actually looking to get a center console but if i havent gotten by then i will have my jetboat.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That might make it easier keeping up with the 30ft :). Let’s stay in touch as we get closer and maybe link up that morning if everything coincides.

MakingmeMoriesToo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are also leaving out of Harbour town early Sunday morning, June 12th, on a 2018 AR 240. Crew of 4. Would love to make the crossing with you as we feel very prepared, but have never made this trip ourselves. We are staying at a condo in resort world until we return on Sunday, June 19th. We have a couple joining us by plane and returning early on Friday, the 17th, all adults this time. Maybe we bring the kids next time. I'm following this post, now. Would love to meet up for this long awaited adventure.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We are also leaving out of Harbour town early Sunday morning, June 12th, on a 2018 AR 240. Crew of 4. Would love to make the crossing with you as we feel very prepared, but have never made this trip ourselves. We are staying at a condo in resort world until we return on Sunday, June 19th. We have a couple joining us by plane and returning early on Friday, the 17th, all adults this time. Maybe we bring the kids next time. I'm following this post, now. Would love to meet up for this long awaited adventure.
Sounds like our trips line up perfectly. Definitely let’s cross together. No sense in going solo when we are both on the same track. I’ll connect with you as we get a little closer and iron out some specifics around timing for the morning of the 12th. If you don’t mind, DM your contact info. I appreciate you reaching out and look forward to it.

Kevin Jones

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks like we will have a group crossing. Looking forward to the trip. Went out today and weather was great!

Chandamorgan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We are officially booked at Resorts World and will be arriving a few days before @robert843 & @Andy S lead a group over on behalf of the Bahamas Tourism Ministry ( Bimini Fling 16th - 19th ). The plan will be to trailer down to the Fort Lauderdale area Saturday the 11th and stay the night. We’ll then wake up early Sunday morning, launch from Harbor Town Marina, and make the crossing. My crew will include my BIL and his teenage son, as well as my 10 year old daughter. My wife, 2 year old, and SIL will be flying or ferrying over Sunday morning the 12th, but will plan to return with us by boat on the 19th. With a full 7 days we'll have a cushion on the front and back end of the trip in case we need flexibility in the event of weather concerns. After missing out of these trips the last few years due to a new born, it's going to be good to be back in the blue water.

Chandamorgan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We are leaving on the 12 th too. We have a 28ft Mako. How fast will you be going and what time are you leaving? It will be myself, my husband and our 12 yr old daughter.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We are leaving on the 12 th too. We have a 28ft Mako. How fast will you be going and what time are you leaving? It will be myself, my husband and our 12 yr old daughter.

I’d like to be launched and ready to depart around 8amish (give or take a little) but leaving some flexibility based on weather. As far as speed, if I have to run anything under 20mph with consistency, I probably don’t need to be out there in my boat. My target will be mid 20s or so. I‘ve been out there when we could have run 40mph but I’ve also been out there where 20mph was really rough on the crew and boat. Again mid 20s is where I hope to be.

We would love to have you guys join if you would like.

Kevin Jones

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We're fianlizing plans tonight but will probably try to leave around 6-7am to get going. Send me a message and we can exchange numbers for anyone that wants to tag along with us.

MakingmeMoriesToo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are getting closer, everyone still a go? Should we trade phone numbers or what would be the easiest way to keep in touch? I rarely look at this, but knew it was the place to find you all.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length