• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Trip June 27th - July 2nd 2021

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve been researching buying my first boat and found so many videos of people from this forum who went to Bimini but my only question is I’m thinking of buying the ar190 hopefully soon enough to one day maybe next year July join y’all on this trip. Are there many 19’ single engines making this trip?
You will have no problem if all magic number ( members, preparations, weather and boat conditions..) matched, we went 2019 love to go again but 3 days towing one way is really pain in ass !

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We've got strong interest but probably won't start to plan till February-ish, especially to see what the COVID situation will look like by then. Wanted to go this year, but we got derailed because of it as well.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are out :/ my mom rescheduled a vacation she is paying for with her my family and sisters family before asking if the weeks would work :/

Five Faces

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone have the dilemma of choosing Bimini Sands or Resorts World?

I would prefer BS to have quick access to the boat and quickly be on the water eliminating much of the no wake area. My family (wife, son 15, and daughter 12) would likely prefer RW for all the amenities (as would I), but I feel like that will be too much of a distraction. If we are bringing the boat, I want to be on the water.

Any thoughts on this???

Last edited:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone have the dilemma of choosing Bimini Sands or Resorts World?

I would prefer BS to have quick access to the boat and quickly be on the water eliminating much of the no wake area. My family (wife, son 15, and daughter 12) would likely prefer RW for all the amenities (as would I), but I feel like that will be too much of a distraction. If we are bringing the boat, I want to be on the water.

Any thoughts on this???
Honestly you will be on the boat from 9am to 7pm by the time you get back in amenities will hardly matter. I choose RW but thats because I have people in my crew who will choose not to be on the boat everyday so I needed to give them the option to have other things to do.

Five Faces

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Count us in!!!

I booked a villa in Resorts World from 6/27-7/2 with a slip in Fisherman's Village. I was leaning towards Bimini Cove but was outnumbered by the rest of the family. I didn't complain too much though because I got a great cancellation policy, it's within close proximity of the Hilton if needed for crossing day flexibility, and there still seems to be some uncertainty over the management/operations at Bimini Cove.

It will be myself, my wife, and our two kids ages 15 and 12. It would be great if we can add where people are staying and if bringing kids, their ages to the original post. I know my kids will be on the hunt for other kids their age...I guess Mom and Dad are no longer cool, go figure. I would be happy to help with this effort if it makes sense to do so.

The more important question is...Kalik or Sands?

Last edited:

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey Robert843, We're getting our family planning and reservations locked in on this end. As part of that, I emailed the Bahia Mar marina to make slip and parking reservations per the instructions, but they called me back with a request to talk to you, as the leader. Apparently, they frequently work with the Jetboaters.net trip leaders, and want to offer a slip rental discount to the group. The Marina representative is Stephanie at (954) 627-6309 if you'd like to call her when you get a chance.

Thanks

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bizywk, parking is expensive at Bahia Mar. Unless you are staying there multiple nights leave your truck and trailer at Harbour Towne and only take the boat to Bahia Mar. Harbour Towne is first come first serve. Reservations are not possible but that has not been a problem beyond having to wait for a spot in the past.

Working out a group deal with the marina will simplify booking and provide savings.

If people are already booking hotel rooms there may not be enough left to book to qualify for a reserved block and group rate.

@robert843, let me know if you would like an introduction to Bahia Mar.

Also, are you planning to lead the group across and back?

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'd be interested in a room at bahia mar.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will have two kids 3 and 8 along for the ride

Will someone post a link to the prepare for bimini thread. I can’t find it. I thought it was on the FAQ page but I didn’t see it and it’s not pulling up I search. I’m sure I am doing it wrong...lol.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If we can get a better rate at Bahia Mar, would you please see if it can be passed to us that have already booked & paid please

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bizywk, parking is expensive at Bahia Mar. Unless you are staying there multiple nights leave your truck and trailer at Harbour Towne and only take the boat to Bahia Mar. Harbour Towne is first come first serve. Reservations are not possible but that has not been a problem beyond having to wait for a spot in the past.

Working out a group deal with the marina will simplify booking and provide savings.

If people are already booking hotel rooms there may not be enough left to book to qualify for a reserved block and group rate.

@robert843, let me know if you would like an introduction to Bahia Mar.

Also, are you planning to lead the group across and back?
@Bruce thanks I will have to see if I have time to fully dive into this if someone in this thread wants to take the lead in trying to book discounts at these places please let bruce or know. I have so many things going on right now it would be difficult to manage at this time. @Bruce if they follow my days they will be able to follow me back.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
if they follow my days they will be able to follow me back.
Just to be clear, are you also offering to lead them to Bimini as well?

Victoria might be able to get better rates at the Double Tree than I was able to get for the group in the past. The nice thing about the group rates is that they agreed to hold rooms without anyone guaranteeing the booking.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just to be clear, are you also offering to lead them to Bimini as well?

Victoria might be able to get better rates at the Double Tree than I was able to get for the group in the past. The nice thing about the group rates is that they agreed to hold rooms without anyone guaranteeing the booking.
No she will not be able to do anything on a rate there for a group. I'm offering to casually organize a group crossing but will I be the first boat across that is unsure last time I was in the last group that left hours after the 5 other groups. This year will be a little different for me in many ways as I'm unsure what boat I will be crossing in but I will do my best to assist those going to make sure they have safe crossing. I want to keep this loose though as with @Andy S and my schedules at this time we can't fully commit to some of the things that have been done in the past such as trying to manage group rates at Bimini Sands, Bahia Mar Marina and Bahia Mar hotel which are low in our priority list if someone wants to jump in and assist with that I'm good with it. As for the crossing I will plan to hold a captains meeting but read up on the prepping for Bimini thread and you should be good and we will give final details based on projected conditions at that meeting.

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
No she will not be able to do anything on a rate there for a group. I'm offering to casually organize a group crossing but will I be the first boat across that is unsure last time I was in the last group that left hours after the 5 other groups. This year will be a little different for me in many ways as I'm unsure what boat I will be crossing in but I will do my best to assist those going to make sure they have safe crossing. I want to keep this loose though as with @Andy S and my schedules at this time we can't fully commit to some of the things that have been done in the past such as trying to manage group rates at Bimini Sands, Bahia Mar Marina and Bahia Mar hotel which are low in our priority list if someone wants to jump in and assist with that I'm good with it. As for the crossing I will plan to hold a captains meeting but read up on the prepping for Bimini thread and you should be good and we will give final details based on projected conditions at that meeting.
I can give them a call today and see what I can do with Bahia Mar. You got a rough estimate on how many boats are going to stay at bahia mar?

Five Faces

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have not been added to the list in the original post yet but please include me in on any Bahia Mar boat slip discounts. As for a room at Bahia Mar, I already reserved using rewards points.

Five Faces

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I can give them a call today and see what I can do with Bahia Mar. You got a rough estimate on how many boats are going to stay at bahia mar?
As you know the reservations for a block of rooms will be separate from the reservations for a group of discounted slips.

For group slips the marina will provide the group leader with a reservation form for the group to complete for their individual reservations. This allows for the marina to keep track of the group and offer a discount for 10+ vessels. I don't believe a boat count is needed at this time.

As @Bizywk stated simply contact Stephanie Fot at 954-627-6309 or SFot@suntex.com to get this process started.

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
As you know the reservations for a block of rooms will be separate from the reservations for a group of discounted slips.

For group slips the marina will provide the group leader with a reservation form for the group to complete for their individual reservations. This allows for the marina to keep track of the group and offer a discount for 10+ vessels. I don't believe a boat count is needed at this time.

As @Bizywk stated simply contact Stephanie Fot at 954-627-6309 or SFot@suntex.com to get this process started.
Ok cool. Ill get on that.