• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Trip June 27th - July 2nd 2021

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I just got off the phone with Stephanie at bahia mar. She got us a group discount setup at $2 a foot with a 40ft minuim. Must have 10+ boats to get this rate. She's emailing me the reservations forms. Who ever wants to can get with me and I'll email you a form.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just got off the phone with Stephanie at bahia mar. She got us a group discount setup at $2 a foot with a 40ft minuim. Must have 10+ boats to get this rate. She's emailing me the reservations forms. Who ever wants to can get with me and I'll email you a form.
This may be a stupid question, but with most folks' boats being 19-24', can you "stack" the boats 2 to a slip?

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Was this with tax & fees or just the subtotal? We already booked for $153.82 wo/fees or $215 w/fees
I'll have to check and see. He told me normally they were 210 a night. Ill call back and see.

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Was this with tax & fees or just the subtotal? We already booked for $153.82 wo/fees or $215 w/fees
Yeah i called back. There group rate on rooms wasn't that great. Depending on when everyone checked in it was like a 3 dollar difference from their regular rate. And they want me to reserve the rooms now. Not sure thats worth setting up.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This may be a stupid question, but with most folks' boats being 19-24', can you "stack" the boats 2 to a slip?
depending on the slip you are assigned, but you could. I have seen Yamahas in tandem there. Not sure that will save you in slip fees though.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bruce can you set up @James R Whitten with your contact on rooms at Bahia Mar we should be able to get a discount especially with things the way they are right now.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The fee is per boat. They likely will have 2 boats per slip. Renting the entire slip at normal rates would be much more expensive.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The fee is per boat. They likely will have 2 boats per slip. Renting the entire slip at normal rates would be much more expensive.
Gotcha, thanks.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What speeds do yall usually cruise at?
I have had trips where we had to cruise around 15-20 and trips where I was able to roll 40 mph it all depends. We will likely depart in smaller groups based on estimated speeds.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
most people will go the maximum they can handle. Especially on the way back to Florida.
lol that maybe a better answer if I have a Nor Tech 340 durring this trip yes I will be moving at a different pace

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
lol that maybe a better answer if I have a Nor Tech 340 durring this trip yes I will be moving at a different pace
Thats would be cool. I have a baja 342 boss. I tried to see how slow I could go while staying on plane today and 35 is about it. But going that slow just made for a bad ride. I got some other powerboats that are interested in the trip.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thats would be cool. I have a baja 342 boss. I tried to see how slow I could go while staying on plane today and 35 is about it. But going that slow just made for a bad ride. I got some other powerboats that are interested in the trip.
We tend to go 30ish when we cross on smooth water just because that is optimal fuel efficiency....but of course it creeps up with our eagerness to get there.

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@robert843 you can go ahead and add us to the list. We just booked at Bimini and are putting this in our plans.

Boat Name - Little Rascal (2018 242 LSE) crew of 6 (3 on boat, 3 on Ferry/Flight)

Five Faces

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Same...

@robert843 you can go ahead and add us to the list too. Already booked Resorts World 6/27 through 7/2 with slip in Fisherman's Village and have Bahia Mar and slip booked 6/25-6/27.

Crew of 4 (2 by boat, 2 on ferry/flight) on our 2017 Yamaha 242x.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I do expect to be in at least a 30 ft center console but it still depends on conditions. I took a Sea Hunt Game Fish 30 last year and doing 30 was chore in 4 ft seas still it all depends on conditions.