• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Trip June 27th - July 2nd 2021

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian, my understanding is that the pool bottom repair failed but they reopened the pool as is and plan to correct the repair this winter.

There was debate as to how much to open Bimini Sands during the pandemic. I do not know what was decided but I expect they are running with a skeleton crew.
My sourxe told me that the pool repair failed and that they were flying in people to fix it before they refilled the pool....so who knows.... Bottom line...pool is open and those that have been in it say it "looks fine" - but perhaps they'll drain it again in the "winter" to refix it more???

I was trying to figure out where the 2nd floor deck they built was......was hoping it was by the pool as they need more shade there since they took down the only shade they had.

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We may be in for this trip... a little too early for us to set it in sandstone... but definitely interested. If we go likely to be a crew of 6 with 3 making the crossing and 3 on the ferry.

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

PortTobacco II

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We live in SW Florida now and my wife stopped working so figuring out our logistics have gotten much easier. We would like to plan on joining the group. I have never made the trip but enjoyed reading about all the forum members' adventures to Bimini.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is Treasure Cay, Abacos 10 months after Dorian.
The marina was surrounded with condo's. The drone is making a counter-clockwise circle around the marina basin.
Treasure Cay Marina

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is Treasure Cay, Abacos 10 months after Dorian.
The marina was surrounded with condo's. The drone is making a counter-clockwise circle around the marina basin.
Treasure Cay Marina
I see the house we stayed in is still standing but still missing a roof in this video.

Sandbar29910

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
The Google maps satellite imagery puts it in perspective.

Last edited:

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843, put us on the list.
Just made reservations at Bahia Mar and Bimini Sands for the trip over with the group.

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I'm feeling a little reluctant putting 50% deposit down on a condo at Bimini Sands / Cove.
With all the craziness happening......

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm feeling a little reluctant putting 50% deposit down on a condo at Bimini Sands / Cove.
With all the craziness happening......
50% is pretty sweet I had to pay for my house 100% up front but it has a pretty liberal cancel policy I can cancel until June14th next year. I would make sure it has a good cancel policy for sure.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
We are tentavely in! We were super bummed that we couldn't go this summer. It'll depend on if I can swing my vacation around this period.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are tentavely in! We were super bummed that we couldn't go this summer. It'll depend on if I can swing my vacation around this period.
I will add you to the list just keep us posted.

andresouth

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve been researching buying my first boat and found so many videos of people from this forum who went to Bimini but my only question is I’m thinking of buying the ar190 hopefully soon enough to one day maybe next year July join y’all on this trip. Are there many 19’ single engines making this trip?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’ve been researching buying my first boat and found so many videos of people from this forum who went to Bimini but my only question is I’m thinking of buying the ar190 hopefully soon enough to one day maybe next year July join y’all on this trip. Are there many 19’ single engines making this trip?
We had one in our group in 2018. He struggles a little but he made it.

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Please count us in.