• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bitching about prices

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is me just bitching.

Built out a Durango RT Plus tow and go. 69k! That's not an SRT, no 392, just the 5.7L which is an acceptable motor but it's just acceptable. The SRT is like, 80k.

Built an Explorer ST, loaded out, 62k. That's with a worst in class interior and not a huge interior either. Fairly limited in towing too, and a 3L v6.

These are both not special vehicles, they're high trim people movers. These prices are just out of control. Durango in the 50s with a 5.7, I can live with. Explorer is a 40s level interior at best. But 70k or 60k? That's insane.

Rant over.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I priced out the Expedition a couple of times over the last 6 months to replace my 2017. They lost their minds. I will drive mine into the dirt before I pay what they are asking!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That Putin tax

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is no significant functional or performance difference in my 2016 Denali HD vs the 22 that doesn't involve more complexity 70-75K for a gasser 80-82K for a diesel
No thank you...

ya gotta ask yourself who is buying these trucks at that price? my guess is the High-end market is gonna collapse.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I priced out the Expedition a couple of times over the last 6 months to replace my 2017. They lost their minds. I will drive mine into the dirt before I pay what they are asking!
I built.out an expedition max stealth performance (loaded similar to the wife's but bigger and more power), and it was 80k. Compared to Durango rt and explorer ST it somehow feels like a bargain.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The prices don't really bother me as I feel they have been up there for a while. The discounts going away bother me. Getting 30% off sticker on a Ram wasn't too hard, 20% off a Durango wasn't either (which would put you right where you want to be). The interest rates hurt too - no more free money (mostly). Some dealers around me are still doing 72 months at 0%... at 69k that is worth about 10k.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It will be a different market soon. As I see dealerships actually with inventory on hand. We have not seen that in two years. So they were allowed to ask whatever they wanted, and even add on fees above MSRP.

Now with stock starting to gather on lots, we will see it shift. I saw some dealers advertising "selling at sticker price" Like they were doing anyone a favor!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Its going to change soon, supply has already started to regain. Soon, the lots will be full and no body will have the money to afford the interest rates. This will force them to come back to earth or we will all be driving a Kia or Honda. :)

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Its going to change soon, supply has already started to regain. Soon, the lots will be full and no body will have the money to afford the interest rates. This will force them to come back to earth or we will all be driving a Kia or Honda. :)
Have you seen the price of a fully-loaded Accord? I will stick to Kia lol.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Telluride is over 50k, lol.
Still start 3k lower than a Pilot.

Base model vs base model - Rio is 8k cheaper than a Civic.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It will be a different market soon. As I see dealerships actually with inventory on hand. We have not seen that in two years. So they were allowed to ask whatever they wanted, and even add on fees above MSRP.

Now with stock starting to gather on lots, we will see it shift. I saw some dealers advertising "selling at sticker price" Like they were doing anyone a favor

I hope you're right. I haven't seen inventory become any better really. Still no f150 platinums around on the lots to look at, still few used trucks, and they're still crippling the trucks with feature deletes.

Last edited by a moderator:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Trucks showing up in all the dealerships around here on the lot. cars being parked in the alley's and on the grass. Inventory has definately turned around here, but prices haven't caught up. Figuring another few months or so should get it shifting again.

zpaul

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Local dealerships start offering $5,000 incentives plus 2.49% financing.
Feels like $12,000 off RAM and Chevy will be back pretty soon.

There is never a good time to buy car or truck. Either incentive is awesome but trade in sucks or trade in is awesome but no discounts.
Good news $5k - $20k over MSRP no more!

But prices overall are nuts. Highlander is $55k loaded. Our first Highlander in 2004 was $18k out the door, base model though, the loaded one was $34k.

Feels like $1k payment is new normal and people holding their cars longer then 3-5 years.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We just bought a 2021 accord hybrid touring (top of the line) edition with 15k miles at a cost of $44k plus tax (10%). A new one would have been another $3k to $4k. Ridiculous IMHO. I have noticed that used prices are coming down fast. This past summer a 2014 expedition limited was selling for $16k, I saw a similar expedition last night on Craig’s list or Facebook market place for $10k, down from $12k just a month earlier. I think buyers are more reluctant to make such large purchases given the current state of and the projected direction of the economy.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Local dealerships start offering $5,000 incentives plus 2.49% financing.
Feels like $12,000 off RAM and Chevy will be back pretty soon.

There is never a good time to buy car or truck. Either incentive is awesome but trade in sucks or trade in is awesome but no discounts.
Good news $5k - $20k over MSRP no more!

But prices overall are nuts. Highlander is $55k loaded. Our first Highlander in 2004 was $18k out the door, base model though, the loaded one was $34k.

Feels like $1k payment is new normal and people holding their cars longer then 3-5 years.
Yup....I have been out to a few dealers looking for a reasonable deal and yet to find one. They are still marking up the sticker $3 to 5K then making a big deal about how they are giving you a $3 to 5K discount. Then you look at the dealer add ons of $5k, side steps (looks so dumb on a truck), paint protection (hahaha), vin engraving (eye roll), tire warranty (you cant make this shiz up). And don't forget their trade in deal that is $5k under what its really worth.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yup....I have been out to a few dealers looking for a reasonable deal and yet to find one. They are still marking up the sticker $3 to 5K then making a big deal about how they are giving you a $3 to 5K discount. Then you look at the dealer add ons of $5k, side steps (looks so dumb on a truck), paint protection (hahaha), vin engraving (eye roll), tire warranty (you cant make this shiz up). And don't forget their trade in deal that is $5k under what its really worth.
About a year ago we saw this while looking for the 4XE. Saw some dealers listing them for 3-4k above sticker then offering a 2k discount. That is a good way not to even get a phone call from me. We highly benefitted from buying last year only due to my job giving me EPP pricing, so we were able to get significantly under sticker with no added fees and a top dollar trade. It just took forever to find a dealer willing to honor the EPP pricing.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Trucks showing up in all the dealerships around here on the lot. cars being parked in the alley's and on the grass. Inventory has definately turned around here, but prices haven't caught up. Figuring another few months or so should get it shifting again.
Dealers around here seem to only be getting in the low end trucks. Higher end stuff is still rare.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Ran my 06 Denali into the ground, I finally caved and paid a high price for an AT4 at the end of 21.

Last edited: