• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bitching about prices

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Weird, wonder if build quality is slipping post-covid. No noticeable gaps on ours, carpet is tucked nicely under the sills, etc. Got a leftover 2020 in October 2020 for low 50s.

I do agree about the stupid utilization of the vertical screen, keep hoping for a big firmware update like they did with Sync3 on my 2017 F150.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Weird, wonder if build quality is slipping post-covid. No noticeable gaps on ours, carpet is tucked nicely under the sills, etc. Got a leftover 2020 in October 2020 for low 50s.

I do agree about the stupid utilization of the vertical screen, keep hoping for a big firmware update like they did with Sync3 on my 2017 F150.
The 2020s pre COVID were so bad quality that Ford had to put them through additional quality checks after their normal ones. It's possible that yours went through that process and had the issues resolved. The ones I looked at were mainly 21s and they were supposed to be "better", but we're horrendous. The trim near the start button had a gap with the dash that was at least a quarter inch, it looked like the supplier had the totally wrong angle on the trim.

I've been waiting for the big update for the 12" screen too. I really want to love the ST. It's a great chassis, the wheel is great, size is about right, the 3" thermal r&d exhaust sounds good, and there's some decent options for brake upgrades. I've even though about just buying one without the tech pack, you get the 8" screen and lose 2 speakers from the unimpressive B&On system, and massage seats. That's a tradeoff I could live with, but man those are hard to find with all the other options but no 12". I considered even buying an 8" swap kit, lol. At this point, it's more likely that the 24 refresh will fix that stuff than a firmware update.

Hopefully they scrap the vertical screen entirely. It looks crappy, and no vertical screen works better than a horizontally laid out one. Adrian and the Tesla cult will fight me over that, but horizontal screens just work better.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah, maybe mine got some special attention. The massaging seats are a gimmick anyway (but they are on every domestic version I've sat in).

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah, maybe mine got some special attention. The massaging seats are a gimmick anyway (but they are on every domestic version I've sat in).
They were a gimmick on my old f150. They were ok on long trips at keeping you awake, but they weren't a massage at all, more like a pat on the back. We don't have them in the expedition and honestly, the seats are more comfortable without them.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After some extra research, it turns out the Power boost F150 has a unique 30.6 gallon tank. Probably unlikely to beat the 36 gallon tank on pure highway range, but possibly a better overall range if you're driving around town and then going on the way (like I would be).