• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Blower use

How do you use the blower?

• At first startup

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • Before every Starup

Votes: 36 55.4%
  • Never

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • All the time

Votes: 7 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I asked someone this the other day, too. My I/O actually had air intakes up under the windshield. So, we only ran the blower prior to each start. Once up to speed, air would flow in around the engine and out the output vents at the rear. Do the Yamaha boats do this as well?

Or, should the blower be run all the time? (Sounds like lots of answers to this question. )

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I run the blowers before startup and any time it is running. My kids always help in this regard and even fight for the opportunity to be at the controls.
This allows me to have them turn it on before even taking the ropes off or straps etc.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Yamaha boats get the air intake from behind the seats on swim deck. The blowers also get air from there.
I personally would like more of a ram air setup most i/o boats have so i know air is circulating while driving.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Air goes in via the air filter of the boat. Air is for sure circulating while the boat runs. A Lot of Air. 7000-10000rpms x volume of engine.... That's a lot of air.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I asked someone this the other day, too. My I/O actually had air intakes up under the windshield. So, we only ran the blower prior to each start. Once up to speed, air would flow in around the engine and out the output vents at the rear. Do the Yamaha boats do this as well?

Or, should the blower be run all the time? (Sounds like lots of answers to this question. )
Unless your intakes are blocked, your blowers in Yamaha will circulate something in the order of 1/100-1/1000 of the air that the engine pumps through at cruising speeds. So, not need to run the blower at speed.

It helps to run the blower when you stop, with hot engine. Also idle a bit, if at all possible, after hard runs to cool the engines before turning them off.

--

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Noise and line noise in the stereo would be the downsides. Not big ones in light of the risk of blowing up, but there you are.
Funny you would say that! I have come close to ripping my blowers off of the boat, had so much static and speaker noise, it was becoming unbearable. Turned out to be fixable, with @Mainah and @adrianp89 and others help.
I'm keeping my blowers! lol
https://jetboaters.net/threads/humming-noise-after-amplifier-install.18026/page-2#post-328974

--

Top Bottom