• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Blue Yonder Stereo Upgrade

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I will let you know @BravoMike . I am working on the sub enclosure today. Not your ordinary box!

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Post pictures when your done

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Here's a few...now I know why I went iB sub last time. To do a sun enclosure the right way takes exact measurements and big work. Here is the box pre sealing...
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Still another day or two on this box. There is nothing "box" about this box. If your not sealing it for waterproof, it won't be acoustically correct long term in a boat. My suggestion after battling this for two days...buy a ready made box and make it fit the boat.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I never throw in the towel...it will be perfect when I am done. But is it worth 4 days to build a custom enclosure? The helm speakers will be even more work!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Sounds like I am complaining...but I am really just impatient here in the summer and wanting to hear the tunes! I cut the hole for the terminal cup and boxed it in. Had to go work for a few days but almost ready to seal up the box.
image.jpg image.jpg

brockhals

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Where are you putting that box? Have you tested to make sure it'll go in? What's your airspace in there @txav8r?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
1708 cu inches. Just under 1 cu. Yes, it fits the space perfectly with little HDPE feet.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The box was actually designed to fit perfectly.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
"Fusion ip700i, and the MS-NRX200i digital remote, along with the MS-BT200 bluetooth"

@txav8r, this is the setup I am planning on installing for next summer to finish up the stereo upgrade. ... Would love to come see it and how it works.
I have this setup too. And my boat (2006 AR230) is the same layout as yours (2005 SX230). @Bruce has the IP600 with MS-WR600 remote. If you were coming to Texoma this weekend you could see all three setups.
Just sayin' :p

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would love to @maboat, but have to work part of this weekend and then move my daughter to Austin for college. Will not miss taking my little girl to school. Will probably be one of the toughest things I have had to do in a long time. But, I'm excited for her. Plus, I love Texoma and have not made it up there yet this year. :(

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@txav8r , I'm watching your install and trying to develop plans for an install. Have you decided where you will install the additional cockpit speakers?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Craig , yes, I intend to install them in the combing pockets above the glove box to port and either just aft or actually under the grab handle, and to starboard behind the throttle quadrant. There is room in both places. I have taken preliminary measurements and I think...think being the key word, that there is enough depth behind the wall to allow the 2.75" depth of the coaxials. If not, I will just cut a king starboard bezel and as a spacer for the speaker. My only concern is the glove box tilts up and the speaker may not let the box stay open. Well, that box is a pain anyway, but I like having it, it just needs a spring hinge like the anchor locker to hold it open. At least this is my preliminary intent.

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I like the idea of having them higher, thanks. I'm looking forward to more photos from the install:thumbsup:.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@txav8r Any updates? Anxious to see your progress! Thanks.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Nope, but now that vacation is over, I have some time to work in it.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
And honestly, I am wanting to get that puppy done!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So I have been working a little on the upgrade. I have the box completely finished for the sub enclosure, with exception of carpeting it. I am attempting to fit it to the wall inside the starboard compartment. The perfectionist in me has complete control currently and making this a slow process. I don't like the recessed area in the compartment where the cooler was designed to sit. I have never used that cooler, so I don't like that hole in the floor making my storage containers fall in it. And now, with the sub enclosure in there, I have to support the aft right corner of the box. It can be supported by a foot and leave the open area, or it could be filled, a more complicated process.

Placing an HDPE foot (king starboard or equivalent) under each corner and the long foot being 2 11/16" just looks goofy to me and stuff could slide under the enclosure. I have made measurements to to build a floor to fill it. Using Starboard or HDPE to fill it is HEAVY and, it is expensive. So I am considering plywood and then seal it in either fiberglass or epoxy resin, and carpeting it to make the floor all one level. This is pretty easy to do, but securing it, and then attaching the shorter foot under the corner to the false floor, poses more issues. Anyway, thought I would bounce the thoughts off you guys...
image.jpg image.jpg

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That certainly does look like a beautifully built enclosure. I'll be very curious to read your impressions of the difference between this approach and your previous IB setup. I would expect the sealed system to produce more accurate bass at high volume levels, and I'll be interested to see how much this translates to an appreciable difference in a boat at rest and underway. May I ask why you elected to go sealed as opposed to ported/bass reflex? It clearly wasn't to save work, as it's evident that you've put a lot of work into this enclosure!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Through discussion, it was just as to mention, that a little active response might be gained with an enclosure over an IB sub. I didn't see it as difficult in the beginning. And the effort wasn't on design and building it. It had been in placement, and securing it. A ported box would pose some of the same issues and response wouldn't be as good in a boat. Unless I see a notable difference, I think an IB sub saves a ton of time and trouble, and it is the same price without enclosure expense. As noted, the box is constructed to earmark standards, so it should produce excellent bass.