• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Blue Yonder Stereo Upgrade

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yep. A good gasket @Murf'n'surf but I still life caulked both the holes and around the perimeter of the grille. It is sealed. I didn't do the edges with epoxy but I can from inside the clean out tray if I can reach them.

Last edited:

DawgDaze

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
OUTSTANDING Mel! The cuts are so clean! You have made some great progress on that and I cannot wait to see it in person. I bet it sounds awesome.

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very impressive work there, Mel (@txav8r)...I already know from what you've done on the Dawg, nothing but the best from you.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks y'all! I have a call into @David Analog regarding positioning of the mid cabin speakers. The port is no issue, but the starboard is proving to be a little more of a challenge, as others have found. Sometimes it is what it is, and you have to just go with the best option, even though none are perfect. One member put the starboard mid cabin in the combing pocket, but had to project it out with a 1.25" bezel. That just looks funny to me, plus the speaker is behind the captains chair in that position. I am pretty sure the area I will have to place it, once I move the damn cables with a cable mount in the sidewall, will be the area forward of the throttles and below the forward end of the combing pocket. Now I am wondering if a fuse/switch panel will fit depth wise in any position inside the sidewall combing pocket, it is as deep as the basket on the back of the speakers. So I have a new slogan...Measure more than 3 times!

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah....im not fond of where I put the starboard mid cabin speaker, but it proved to be the best option for me. I considered the location that you are taking about as well, but I have the folding lounger on the port side and I didn't want it mostly blocked while in that position. Therefore, putting the starboard one low and and the port one in the combing pocket would have driven me crazy from a looks standpoint. You have the captains chair on the port side, so those locations may work great for you.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
No, I have the lounger too. The difference in height is only about 10" if I mount in the white fiberglass wall forward and under the throttles. Then the port side I have no choice but to mount in the combing pocket. Our lounger stays down 100% of the time, so under it is not an option. So I am going to go with those I mentioned above. I just want to get it done and move on to the next project! You know how we all are, being individuals, we all see things individually, and what works for one guy may drive another crazy, just like you mentioned. I can live with one a little more forward than the other more than I can the thick bezel in the pocket. Honestly, my guess is at cruise, with the music playing awesomely, the difference in acoustic reward is nil. At rest, those 6 speakers will fill the boat with sound in acoustic harmony and be as good as it gets in the marine environment. So I am good with it, and want to thank @David Analog for his patience, and @Earmark Marine for their continued support to folks here as well as to me, an anal retentive perfectionist! lol And Odin...after I get this back together, I want to drop it with you for a day, for you guys to put your tuning magic on it. I can follow directions, but you guys are amazing!

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Wow.....you learn something everyday.....I didn't know SX240's had loungers. Like you, my lounger in down 100% of the time.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I believ only the blue sx240 has the lounger. Others have dual captain chairs.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Glad your finely making progress on the 'Yonder' @txav8r . Those transom speakers look great! I can't wait to hear and see them in person this summer. I'd sure like to compare their sound to my Polks in the same place on my boat.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I think @Jebinok has the same speakers and probably same power behind his mounted the same too @PEARCE ...thanks!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I hate to admit this, and mama is somewhat perturbed. But I threw in the towel on the stereo upgrade. Well, not really. I did give up trying to control it all and make it perfect. I took it to Earmark Marine in Lewisville Texas, and Odin and his team are finishing up my install! I just ran out of "offseason" and with the new bus, I am fragmented time wise. I want to get to know my bus and spend time with my wife in the bus and hit the lake too. Something had to give! So they are going to get my mid cabin speakers installed, my Garmin HU installed, put in helm bus bars, and get that damn subwoofer and enclosure installed. I hate throwing in the towel if I didn't mention that!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I hate to admit this, and mama is somewhat perturbed. But I threw in the towel on the stereo upgrade. Well, not really. I did give up trying to control it all and make it perfect. I took it to Earmark Marine in Lewisville Texas, and Odin and his team are finishing up my install! I just ran out of "offseason" and with the new bus, I am fragmented time wise. I want to get to know my bus and spend time with my wife in the bus and hit the lake too. Something had to give! So they are going to get my mid cabin speakers installed, my Garmin HU installed, put in helm bus bars, and get that damn subwoofer and enclosure installed. I hate throwing in the towel if I didn't mention that!
I don't think anyone will question your desire to do it yourself and to do it right.

Sounds like a pragmatic choice. Your install and your baby are in good hands with Odin & company.
Enjoy your bus, your time with your wife, and your boat will be done before you know it. Cheers.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know how you feel! It seems like I have more projects than I could get done even if I took a week off work.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks guys! I should share the first bus trip this past weekend with everyone...it was great and had some stressful moments too. And THANK GOD @PEARCE WAS THERE TO GIVE ME SOME GUIDANCE!!! Pearce, his family, in their 5th wheel, and Jill's parents in their 5th wheel, were at Cooper Lake State Park to give txav8r some good gouge on setting up, cooking, prepping, and more! Thank you Pearce, Jill, Madison, Tyler, Joe, and Janet for a great weekend of fellowship and friendship! Packing it in in the rain was a real experience too! Ponchos and more towels got added to the growing list of needed items. Sitting around the campfire Saturday was great...I am cutting up copper and rubber hose for the next fire!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Ha ha...I didn't know about it either! So the kids beg grand dad Joe to put the tubes in the fire. Joe cuts a section of ordinary garden hose and stuffs it into a 6" piece of 3/4" copper pipe with 1/4" holes drilled down the length, maybe 5 holes. Then throws it in the campfire. In a few minutes it is giving off blue, orange, yellow, green, colors as the two properties combine. Pretty neat! The kids will love it and so will all of us!

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We would always do that with just some stripped copper wire. It makes the fire even more pretty to look at.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Well, the blue yonder is behind me on the way home. All I can say is OMG!!!