• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat appraisal/ survey

Kurt V

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m buying a 2022 252xe in south Florida. The boat is used. My bank requires a survey for the loan. Does anyone have a recommendation for who to use for appraisal/ survey. I live in Charleston SC so looking for recommendations.
Thanks
Kurt

A survey for a 2022 252xe? I have not read of anyone else needing a survey for a 25' Yamaha? Maybe try a different bank or credit union. I just gor a 6% rate by shopping when most were advertising between 7%-11.5%

I guess a survey s to benefit the buyer so not all bad...

We hired a surveyor to check out a boat we were interested in, in Conn. 5 years ago. During the sea trial, he took me aside and told me to RUN and he would only charge half the fee, due to not having to write it up. As soon as we docked, I took his advise and drove 5hrs. back to Vermont. Purchased our Beneteau four months later after another local surveyor, gave her a green light, with repairs, after failing another local sailboat.

There are a lot to choose from.

Screenshot_20230411-060618_Chrome~2.jpg

Last edited:
We hired a surveyor to check out a boat we were interested in, in Conn. 5 years ago. During the sea trial, he took me aside and told me to RUN and he would only charge half the fee, due to not having to write it up. As soon as we docked, I took his advise and drove 5hrs. back to Vermont. Purchased our Beneteau four months later after another local surveyor, gave her a green light, with repairs, after failing another local sailboat.

There are a lot to choose from.

View attachment 197433
Thank you

A survey for a 2022 252xe? I have not read of anyone else needing a survey for a 25' Yamaha? Maybe try a different bank or credit union. I just gor a 6% rate by shopping when most were advertising between 7%-11.5%

I guess a survey s to benefit the buyer so not all bad...

With the prices of the new boats so high and still-limited depreciation, this will become more common.

Back